View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Favorite Games of All Time. 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Favorite Games of All Time.
Ragdollmaster wrote:
This just in, taste is subjective.

NOT WHEN IT COMES TO MEGAMAN >:c

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

You all have ♥♥♥♥ taste, obviously the only good game to ever be released was pong!

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:22 am

♥♥♥♥ you, pong is ♥♥♥♥. Mutant League Football is the only game that ever mattered.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:27 am

Considering pong, I think my dad might have been one odd the first people to ever put a games console in a car, pong in his beetle.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:52 pm

I have an original pong console, it's awesome.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Super Mario Land Played this for years. Important part of my childhood.
Tombi Loved this game.
Minecraft Lost so much time. Well Spent though.
Counter Strike Source Because 1.6 Hope they dont ♥♥♥♥ up GO
Prototype ♥♥♥♥ YEAH. Need Prototype 2. FOR PC!
Little Big Planet Yes!
Halo Because Halo
Every Single Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Was an important part of my upbringing. IV is still my favourite. Why? Because Soft Body Physics.
Powder Toy Messed Around For Days

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Gmod because screwing around and breaking physics laws
Dwarf Fortress sending dwarves to be thrown into rivers since 2009
Dungeons of Dredmor this is so much damn fun except for the fact that I lost 12 adventurers in the first 6 hours of gameplay on permadeath and Going Rogue. but who cares.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:12 am

The Witcher 2 - CD Project Red is like the best game developer ever so as their games.
Mass Effect 2 - Commander Shepard FTW period.
Mount & Blade - start as a bum and rise to the lords and kings, what could you possible want?
Minecraft - yeah i like to create things...
Cortex Command - engine to the face!
Morrowind - best of elder scrolls series.
Dawn of War - i'm a warhammer40k fan and this game delivers.
Follaut 2 - very thought through game, one of the most famous classics if you dont know what it is then you should be murdered on sight.
Jadi Knight: Jedi Academy - shame Lucas Arts dont want to do anything worth playing anymore...
Duke Nukem 3D - Hail to the king baby!
Shadow Warrior - You no mess with Lo Wang!
Diablo : Hellfire - dark and gritty not like the cartoony crap we have now.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:33 am

Going the Miggles path, i shall split mine between nostalgia and pure awesome.

NOSTALGIA
Doom 1 & 2 - Because ♥♥♥♥ me it was the first FPS i ever played. Still surprisingly fun today. (Doom 3 ain't as good though, despite graphical superiority)
Quake 1 & 2 - Both have also had significant roles in my early childhood, so yeah.
Super Mario 64 - I mean come on, it's Mario! On the N64! Still a cool game if you ask me (though i haven't played any of the Galaxy's).
Abuse - Among the earliest games i can remember. Played it fairly recently again, it's actually pretty fun and ridiculously unforgiving.
Secret Agent - THÉ earliest game i can remember.
Raptor: Call of the Shadows - Notable for being both awesome and a source of inspiration to me.
Fallout 1 & 2 - They're just that good.
And more but i'll have to keep it from taking up the whole internet.

AWESOME
Rayman Origins - What, a soulless AAA game? Yes, quite. Not the longest game ever, with me having 100%'d it after 20 hours, but goddamn those were 20 hilarious hours.
Orcs Must Die! - Pure entertainment, really. Not much of a story, but who cares, it's fun!
Terraria - As much as you may disagree, i've racked up 150 hours on this game, and i didn't do that because it was boring.
Beat Hazard - Epilepsy-generation at its finest. Hectic music-powered gameplay with lots of shooting and destroying. Everything i want!
C&C: Red Alert 3 - Very, VERY worthy successor to the two previous and also awesome games.
Mass Effect 2 & 3 - Sadly never really got into the first one (which is probably the sole reason for me not listing it here, might still give it a go), but i found both 2 and 3 to be very enjoyable. Not to mention that 3 has co-op multiplayer, which is just ♥♥♥♥ rad. Ever since i fired up ME2, i've been like "man this would be awesome to co-op with my bro in". Then comes ME3 and is like "hoy goise i herd u liek co-op" and i was like "yes please".
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 & 5 - What, 5 put next to 3? BLASPHEMY! Well, not for me. I wholly agree that HoMM3 is an amazing game in every sense of the word, but i'm also of the divergent opinion that HoMM5 is quite awesome too, ESPECIALLY if you get the expansions. See, i can live with the fact that it's squares rather than hexes, and i can also live with the changed morale system. Thing is, with the expansions, there is just so much more content (8 factions with 7 tiers of creatures, each having 2 distinct upgrades), and it's all very nicely made.
Hammerfight - Basically, best combat i've ever had the joy of partaking in, bar absolutely nothing.
Trine 2 - SO PRETTY. Fun physics-y puzzles and such are definitely a plus too.
Quake 4 - Nostalgia be damned, this is actually a really nice game. Damn shame my hard copy disappeared at some point. :c
Dorf Fortress - So much that i've taken to calling it Dorf Fortress rather than Dwarf Fortress.
Cortex Command - Why else would i be here? :U
Toribash - Any game that can keep me hooked for YEARS is bound to have done something right.
Tabula Rasa - The only MMO that i still want to play. Sucks that it's down. :C
Serious Sam series - The gameplay really stands out on today's squad-based combat frequently featured in FPS games. ♥♥♥♥ yer squads, here you deal with entire LEGIONS. AT ONCE. Legions of foes that (potentially) pose a threat to you on an individual basis, and the only thing preventing you from dying is a ridiculous amount of dakka.

And more, but yeah. In no particular order.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Shook wrote:
Going the Miggles path

My path is a long winding road but you'll find that in the end the story and character growth of my character was well worth it.
...wait, this isn't a Japanese dating sim, is it?

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Shook wrote:
Serious Sam series - The gameplay really stands out on today's squad-based combat frequently featured in FPS games. ♥♥♥♥ yer squads, here you deal with entire LEGIONS. AT ONCE. Legions of foes that (potentially) pose a threat to you on an individual basis, and the only thing preventing you from dying is a ridiculous amount of dakka.

Reminds me of the Alien Shooter franchise. I killed probably seven thousand enemies in one room, and the ground was covered in bullet holes, blood and spent bullet casings.
Basically, the room was like that.

Really, really hard to do that room. The game is surprisingly enjoyable, it has a large variety of items to buy from the shops, a skill point system and some other things. Also, multiplayer. My brother and I both had a crack at survival on multiplayer.

We died horribly by round four. You get a gun upgrade at the end of each survival round, so he was packing a SMG and I was using a laser pen pistol.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Let me return a second or two to Megaman.

I just figured out that almost everything I understood of the story is like... Incorrect, to say the least offensive and humilliating thing in my mind.

So, if I wanted to understand the story fully, should I begin playing Megaman X to Megaman X8? Or Megaman 1 to Megaman X8?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Megaman X and Megaman Classic have pretty separate story lines. The biggest connection TBH is that Dr. Light created Megaman and Megaman X and that's about it. If you want to have an awesome time and play 15 really good games, play Megaman 1-10 and Megaman X 1-5. If you just want the X story play X 1-5.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:56 am
Profile WWW
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Shook wrote:
C&C: Red Alert 3 - Very, VERY worthy successor to the two previous

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 am

Unreal Tournament 2004. Because nothing can beat that final fight with Xan. It's like playing with a pro who never make stupid mistakes.
Oh yeah, and Fallout series. Especially first part(my first game) and New Vegas.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next