View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dust 514 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Dust 514
Ok, so, on EVE you are what, some sort of corporation? And you manage resources and stuff.
Then, when you want to take over someone else's planet you hire soldiers which are actually Dust players, you pay for their equipment and order orbital strikes and stuff.

Man I just love the idea of it.
I think I might give EVE a go, at least.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:09 am

In EVE, you are a spaceship pilot. Who can join corporations. It's not free to play though. The 7 day free trial should still be valid, though.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:56 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hmm, I used to free trials.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:58 am

Contrary wrote:
Roast Veg wrote:
Not for Wii?

I don't think so. ¦:U

Maybe there can be a Wii complement, like a cooking mama type thing where you are trying to feed all the soldiers on PS3.

If it runs on the vita it can probably run on the Wii.

I was actually getting interested until I read the ps3 exclusive bit. I mean, I have a ps3 literally 5 inches away from me, but the controls for shooters on consoles are pretty ♥♥♥♥ stupid.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The vita one is only equipment and stats n ♥♥♥♥, not the actual game.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:26 am
Profile WWW

Welp.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:43 am

Also, even though Eve has a subscription fee, you can theoretically never have to pay a dime of real-world money- see, you have the option of paying the monthly fee via in-game currency, so if you earn enough during that 7-day trial you can keep going.

Contrary wrote:
Roast Veg wrote:
Not for Wii?

I don't think so. ¦:U
Maybe there can be a Wii complement, like a cooking mama type thing where you are trying to feed all the soldiers on PS3.

I lol'd

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:05 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Also, even though Eve has a subscription fee, you can theoretically never have to pay a dime of real-world money- see, you have the option of paying the monthly fee via in-game currency, so if you earn enough during that 7-day trial you can keep going.

I tried that, I came close, but a couple of thousand short.

It is extremely difficult to do, though.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Can't you make another free user and finance the other user with that one?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:49 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Lizardheim wrote:
Can't you make another free user and finance the other user with that one?

I don't believe so. Maybe?

But I don't exactly desire to do so. My free time is boiling away, leaving me with less time for games like Eve.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

EVE requires all of your free time. All of it.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Dawblepawst.

After about a week of searching (lazily) for the cords, I found them. The download took about four hours, and the initial loading screen is extremely buggy, so much that it refuses to work half the time, and there is quite a bit of lag. But the gameplay itself is very enjoyable. Combat is fast paced, and aerial dogfights between fully loaded out dropships are the best. Vehicular combat in general is very fun, especially when you're in the turret of a dropship, raining missiles upon the helpless soldiers below.

My character is currently trained (Well, still in training. I'm only rank 3/5 so far.) to be proficient in turret use on all sorts of vehicles, but specifically dropships. He has minor training in assault rifle use, and piloting of vehicles.

The skill training system isn't as passive as it is in EVE, as it requires you to fight in battles to gain SP, whereas in EVE skills train in the background. I prefer EVE's system over Dust's, but there isn't much I can do about it.

I expect that this game with be the dominant title that I play during my spare time. Well, at least for a few months.

DRLFFers who own a PS3 and have online should join up with me when the game is officially released. We could start a corporation together and conquer the stars. Or just one. I don't want to micromanage a vast empire.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:19 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Harzipan wrote:
Or just one. I don't want to micromanage a vast empire.

Oh yes. That is what I am good at.

Unfortunately, I tend to be very crap at FPS games. Even more so on consoles.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I'd love to but I absolutely hate playing third person/first person shooters with a gamepad.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:25 am

I just gained enough SP to finally unlock the Large Turrets skill, which allowed me to equip a railgun to my tank. That, combined with two missile turrets on the side which people can get into, and five pieces of stacked armor in all five optional modules slots, made this tank into a death machine. The next game I played was on the new outpost map which is focused on indoor combat. I then presumed to call in my tank, get in it, call two people over to the missile turrets, and devastate the enemy army. I, backed up with two un-upgraded generic blaster tanks that require no skills to be trained to use (They're really bad, but are good distractions.), pushed back the entire enemy group into a cluster of three buildings when one of them had the idea to go to the roof of another building using a dropship. They then proceeded to get a four heavies armed with cluster rockets to fly to the top of the building and rain death from above, killing my tank column. It was the most entertaining match that I've had in this game. We ended up winning with about fifty reinforcements remaining. Normally you have around ten left at the end.

In total, that tank cost me about 50,000 ISK. Worth it.

Next thing I'm going for is an upgraded Electronics skill, so that I can use repair modules on tanks. That way I'll be unstoppable.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2