View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 DOTA 2 - The thread 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: DOTA 2 - The thread
HOLY ♥♥♥♥ I RANDOMED MEEPO

He's fun but I wish I was better at micromanaging, all I do is select all the meepoes, then tab w tab w tab w tab w and get all the kills. Also getting Eye of Skadi + Tarrasque is epic, you become so tanky.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:52 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

i can barely play meepo in bot games let alone pubs, all my deaths are because i cant micro effectively and end up getting one of the meepos focused and dying because of it
its really easy to get kills, just not easy to survive

on the other hand, i AM actually pretty decent at earth spirit and invoker, so i can play 2/3 of the highest skill ceiling heroes.

edit: or 2/4 if you count chen

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

How to Meepo for people who can't micro

• ♥♥♥♥ Scepter
  • ♥♥♥♥ Blink
  • By level 10, put one point in Poof, one point in Divided We Stand, and max out Earthbind and Geostrike
  • For levels 11-20, dump all your points into stats
  • Keep the clone at base so you have a free TP home with your Poof
  • But really doe, the free TP is great and also 1 point in Divided We Stand gives you the respawn time reduction
  • Item build: Like most squishy agility heroes. I would do:

Starting Items
    • Three Iron Branches
    • Ring of Protection
    • Healing Salve
    • Slipper of Agility

This gives you pretty solid survivability- although his growth is poor, Meepo starts off with 587 HP, so three branches and the armor from a Ring will make you pretty durable. Your damage is still fairly poor so laning phase isn't great, but Geostrike does add a total of 14 extra damage at level 1, which isn't bad for trading hits.

Early Items
    • Boots of Speed
    • Ring of Basillius
    • Poor Man's Shield
    • Magic Wand

PMS is great for survivability in the early game and gives you 6 damage and attack speed plus almost 1 armor. Wand is usually skipped on Meepo since his clones don't benefit from the heal, but given his low HP/MP growth you'll want it on solo Meepo. Basi gives damage, armor, mana regen, pretty straightforward.

Core
    • Power Treads
    • Ring of Aquila
    • Yasha
    • Orb of Venom

Survivability, lockdown, DPS. Pretty straightforward.

Mid
    • Sange and Yasha
    • Helm of the Dominator
    • Eye of Skadi

More survivability, more lockdown, more DPS. You feel me brah?

Late
    • Butterfly
    • Satanic

Butterfly + Skadi + Satanic = invincibility basically. Unless there's a Void, Spectre, or Tony, in which case good luck.

Situational
    • Black King Bar
    • Scythe of Vise
    • Abyssal Blade
    • Ghost Scepter
    • Monkey King Bar
    • Assault Cuirass
    • Daedalus

So BKB against any team with tons of stuns and nukes. Scythe is a good late game item, I'd rarely get it if you were a position 1 but sometimes the lockdown is necessary. Good stats but if you can afford the extra 1000 gold, Abyssal gives you disgusting damage. Ghost Scepter against any lineup with high physical burst (Juggernaut, Faceless Void, Witch Doctor, Phantom Assassin), can build into Ethereal Blade for saving allies and having tons of agility. MKB for anti-evasion. AC is kind of a catchall item that anyone can build, DPS and survivability and pushing power, good but maybe not the best choice for ideal carry. Daedalus isn't picked up on Meepo because his clones can't crit, but it's the most efficient damage boost in the game, so for solo Meepo it's a pretty good pickup if you're already feeling survivable.

"Six Slot"
    • Boots of Travel
    • Sange and Yasha
    • Butterfly
    • Eye of Skadi
    • Satanic
    • Abyssal Blade

Note: If you do poorly you'll probably get reported for using this build. Yolo.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You know, I actually hadn't thought about playing Meepo that way. I'll give it a go, it actually sounds fun. Eventually move the clone around to farm the jungle while you are laning too, to conserve the exp gain.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:04 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

people who think terrorblade isnt a good hero
are very
very
very wrong
oh lord

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Terrorblade is actually pretty strong if you can get the farm, people who say it is bad is because they are too stupid to use the ultimate or don't know how to use illusions (srsly just ctrl click and occasionally micromanage one).

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

i think the mistake most people make is trying to fight when they dont need to
hes like antimage. you just gotta farm and push until you have your core items, and by that point you can solo anyone.
the difference is that TB can jungle from level 1 and he needs more than just manta to fight, usually.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I've realised that that is a very good rule for many carries, or at least I've seen that prioritizing team fighting over farming in the early game is a terrible mistake that is easy to make.

I played a couple of matches that had a PA on my team. One tried to gank as much as possible, relying on her evasion to not get killed, but any kind of spell or hits that got through damaged her too much, so she died really often. In another match, however, there was this PA that must have been in like 1 or 2 team fights for the first 25-30 minutes, and those were the ones that turned from enemies trying to gank her into team stuff. After a while she was really well farmed, solo'd Roshan and began making her kill streak. When we got into the enemy base, the enemies always attacked her as soon as they spawned instead of grouping up, so she could just 1vs1 or 1vs2 most of them until the game ended.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:34 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

the thing is though PA is actually a carry that can fight early if she decides to
with basi, phase, and medallion you can try to farm heroes instead of creeps
if you have a good support or disabler its pretty legit

Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:38 pm
Profile WWW

Venge and PA are bros (sisters?) Maxed Wave of Terror and Magic Missile plus a Medallion on Venge lets PA wreck hard

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:08 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I played Ember Spirit for like the 3rd or 4th time today, hadn't played him in long. It's nice to see how my overall better experience made me not suck so hard at him like before. I went 20/7/26, I had a rough time in the early game but after I farmed my first BF (after Drums and Phase Boots) I could make more of a difference in team fights, eventually I farmed Daedalus, then second BF and second Daedalus. I critted so often for around 1k damage and with SoF, I could farm waves, camps, ancients, anything incredibly fast. The other team was like bad though, so I didn't have too much problems with my lack of experience with Ember.

He is fun to play, got any tips with him? :D

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:16 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Venge and PA are bros (sisters?) Maxed Wave of Terror and Magic Missile plus a Medallion on Venge lets PA wreck hard

they used to be sisters in doter wun

Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

So I'm on my "play heroes you played once when you were a complete noob" streak. Now I played Pudge for the second and third time. Second wasn't bad and thankfuly I had a good enough team to make up for my failed hook. Third one was a good success, I learnt lots.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Holy ♥♥♥♥ with the new items so much things will be insane! Also, too many Aghanim upgrades, luckily none are really game changing.

EDIT:

Alchemist can now cast Aghanim's Scepter to directly grant any allied hero all Aghanim's Scepter bonuses as a buff (the hero upgrade and the stat upgrade). The scepter is consumed in the process. Multiple instances of this buff do not stack. Alchemist can target himself as well

Hadn't read that one. Support Alchemist on the way, farming Aghanims for the entire team.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:26 am

http://www.dota2.com/reborn/part1/

Swag interface, graphics update, bug fixes, *custom games*

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next