View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 SS13 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post SS13
Yeah before you say anything I know there was already a topic kthx. (But it was mostly about Duh's server and I don't want to hijack a year-old thread.)

Anyway, it's a cool roleplaying space-em-up thing. If you've never heard of it, it uses this shitty gamesmaker to run. You have to have that. Then, download the game from the Byond website, make sure you have an account (you have to have one anyway) and you can start playing.
Whenever I play I go to /tg/station. I also ALWAYS go to server 2 when I do play; do that. Areku told me so, and he is a SS13 guru.
Byond name is Miggles and IGN on /tg/station is Ryker Whirlow. Add me if you like, and if you see me in-game, say hello!
I usually play whatever ♥♥♥♥ job I feel like, although it's mostly engy/medbay person of some kind/scientist. Playing heads is also a thing I like to do.

So yeah, discuss, maybe we can set up some in-game meets or shenanigans or w/e. I'll try to be on later tonight if I can finish my homework by then. :P

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: SS13
I'm up for some spess shenanigans.
I normally play as assistant so I don't ♥♥♥♥ stuff up, but they took away maintenece access so I've been trying to lean how to push crates.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 pm

YES! Someone else plays this on this forum! I would love to play.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I used to play SS13 when it was first released. Here is my username.

Did they ever get power in? I remember the engine back when the game was quite young, and you could just walk off without doing anything with it and the station wouldn't tell the difference.

And if you did start it, the crew usually just ejected the engine on you. Harsh.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I've played this like, twice. I love being the AI, or some sort of maintenance broski.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Power is in, but I don't know how it works. I just hope the engineers don't get killed.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:00 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Did they fix the chair glitch?

That was the best glitch for dealing with a griefer. Complete and utter mob immobilization.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Don't know how other servers work, but /tg/station's code uses a singularity-powered engine. You set up the shields and photon projector thing, and it harvests power from what is essentially a black hole sitting outside. It's pretty easy to set up, if not just a teensy bit time-consuming. (It can take up to 10 min if you try to (or have to depending on the amount of engies) do it yourself)

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 pm
Profile WWW

I prefer BS12 to the /TG/ station, mostly because of community and gameplay difference issues.
Specifically, Sec is ass-hard on /TG/.
Anyway, I usually play Cap, HoS, Plasma Researcher, or Virologist.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 pm

I'd like to try it. I think I'd like to be a engineer, as I fix dings.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:44 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, I've got a long list of questions from my SS13 Beta days. I'm talking about the release that would've came after Nuclear was added.

Did Console ever get merged properly? Did he get the planet map working right? Did the infamous locker bug get fixed? What about meteor pockets? Is plasma research more than just stuffing a tank into a heater and waiting?

I've got more. I'd like to know how much has changed.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Mindwalker wrote:
I prefer BS12 to the /TG/ station, mostly because of community and gameplay difference issues.
Specifically, Sec is ass-hard on /TG/.
Anyway, I usually play Cap, HoS, Plasma Researcher, or Virologist.

I really dislike BS12. The ridiculous "you must always be roleplaying perfectly" rule is silly, the admins are awful, and it doesn't have near enough fun events and the awesome admins /tg/station has.
Also, sec in /tg/station is only "ass-hard" if you're doing something bad. What, are you complaining that traitor isn't easy enough? :P

Caek, I don't know any of the answers to your questions. I'm only familiar with the way /tg/station works.

Unwound: I think you should try a minor role first, like assistant or barman. (barman is fun)
Just to get the way the game works down, of course. If you need, there is a in-depth wiki here.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:33 am
Profile WWW

Ah yes...SS13. Used to play it quite a bit. Im good at roboticist and engineer(if I can remember that stuff correctly XD). Wouldnt mind being turned into hamburgers by the chef again. Good times, good times.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 pm

I ♥♥♥♥ LOVE engineer and Medical doctor. I too play on BS12. Would be great to play with some forumgoers

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm

I played some SS13 in my younger years. I became the victim for a mad scientist's experiment. The novelty of being a monkey wore off quickly being choked to death.

I think the idea of the game itself is interesting. However, the game's controls suck; I never entirely figured them out. Don't forget that BYOND is a horrible, horrible abomination that eats small children when it isn't busy giving life to the worst games ever conceived. The other players doing whatever the ♥♥♥♥ they want with you for shits and giggles isn't exactly endearing either, especially when you don't know what you're doing.

I just think it's just a very frustrating experience overall, and I never really got much out of it. Yes, I will admit I'm still butthurt from playing the game when I was a twelve year old.
I might enjoy playing with everyone if we could all play nice, secret missions aside. :U

I played janitor, since it was the only one I could figure out.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next