View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Magnaut 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Magnaut
Now I just had to go through the thread and remind myself of how good the musics you've made are.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:00 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Magnaut
As I predicted, I've been out of commission on this for a while. But I finally have some time again! So you'll all be glad to know that the final boss which previously had a single attack now has TWO attacks.

BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH! Exciting news! The latest version of Adobe AIR has joystick support! This is cause for much celebration, and also many exclamation marks!!!
Today, I got the gamepad controls mostly working, and they feel really good. I'm pretty sure this game is going to have to come with a Super Meat Boy-style gamepad "recommendation" intro.

Here's a little gif showing it off:

You can also see a new feature I added in, which is the ability to "shift" your attachments without having to go to the pause menu. Basically you can change which attachment points where you're aiming (which is always colored green). As well, you can press a button to discard your primary attachment. I want to keep this game pretty fast-paced, so this should keep people from constantly having to break up the action to get rid of attachments they don't want or shuffle their favorite weapon to the front.

Sun May 11, 2014 6:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6