View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 War Thunder 

Post Re: War Thunder
Which is the Russian UFOs?

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Natti wrote:
You know the La-5FN is broken, right? Its flight model is absolutely horrible. It climbs way faster than it should, turns way better than it should and general performance is just ridiculous.
People who know about the broken flight models and abuse them disgust me.
Goddamn Beaufighters and Russian UFOs.

Meh, I have no qualms over using something everypony can use - but if it makes you feel better I also use the terrible oiltanker-like Me410 so it evens out.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It's a premium plane for the Germans, and a high-tier plane for the russians. Not really something everyone can use.
The Beaufighter, on the other hand, is a low-tier British torpedo bomber. Which acts like a goddamn fighter.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 am

Natti wrote:
It's a premium plane for the Germans, and a high-tier plane for the russians. Not really something everyone can use.
The Beaufighter, on the other hand, is a low-tier British torpedo bomber. Which acts like a goddamn fighter.

I heard that the Beaufighter's flight model is wrong, which is why it's so good.
All I know for sure though is that it's hilariously overpowered, and people will target you over anything else.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 am

Just to rub it in, LA-5 Historical battle. <3
And both the beaufigher and the LA-5 is broken, LA-5 I know bleeds almost no speed when turning for example.

Still haven't broken the 100k Lion border :(

Also everyone who can faceroll their keyboard can get a LA-5 if they do it long enough, hence everyone can have it.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I flew the Beaufighters for a while, but it just makes me feel bad when I'm racking up >10 kills per match with those things.
I also discovered that the Corsair can beat the La-5 in high-speed maneuvering. Got two of them broken russian bastards in one match. Sure did feel good.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm

In arcade battle I bet, a Corsair would never stand a chanse against the OP-5 in historical battle.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It was a historical battle. If you catch them unawares and get a good long burst at close range, they'll go down like any other fighter. But that's just about the only way to shoot down one of those horribly broken things.
And it's actually the opposite. As long as you keep an altitude advantage, the Corsair is a pretty damn scary energy fighter with its massed .50-cals in Historical. I've seen a Corsair catch up with a russian MiG from a dive and finish it with one burst from its four 20mm cannons. In Arcade, you can't really BnZ, which is the only thing the Corsair is good at.

In my opinion it's kinda stupid to acknowledge how broken some of the planes are and still continue to ruin the fun for others with them.
It just ticks me off when you know you could've taken that goddamn Beaufighter down if it just didn't have a horribly broken flight model.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:47 pm

For that reason, I use the beaufighter wildly, usually diving into a mass of enemies and shooting a lot.
I also don't shoot down biplanes while I'm in one, because that'd be cruel.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:14 am

^that, but for the LA-5, and I do fire at everything I can get sights on. The LA-5 have so little ammo that you have to make them count. You get just as much $$$ for a biplane as a jet when you down them (or the diffrence is minimal).

Hmm, I better get myself a Beaufighter.

Edit:
La-5 fanvid

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 am

I am pro War Thunder player, always stick the landing

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:52 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Yesterday some idiot La-5FN pilot crashed into a tree while strafing my already shot-down Spitfire.
It was kinda hilarious.

EDIT: The low ammo doesn't really matter with the La-5FN, because thos ShVAKs only need to hit an enemy once and he's toast.
Oh, and nobody can catch that darn thing, so you can just disengage and rearm at the airfield.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 am

I find that half the time I try to land the Bf 109 I end up upsidedown on the runway with soft landing points >:I
It all goes fine until the momentum flips it over its own engine :/

I also had my first game at night in the rain, it was awesome and nobody could see anything.

Note the framerate ;_;
For some reason it sped up once my Me 110 was shot down.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The Pearl Harbor map at night is a goddamn disco.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 am

Kettenkrad wrote:
I find that half the time I try to land the Bf 109 I end up upsidedown on the runway with soft landing points >:I
It all goes fine until the momentum flips it over its own engine :/

Tap the breaks, if you hold it down any aircraft will tip over, also use the landing flaps (gears have to be down to get to the right flap-setting) and hold ctrl when going around 150km/h to slow down faster.

Natti wrote:
EDIT: The low ammo doesn't really matter with the La-5FN, because thos ShVAKs only need to hit an enemy once and he's toast.

That is bs, sure the 20mm of the russkies are about double the power of the german 20mm, but I don't think I ever had one-shotted a plane, exept maybe a biplane from above.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next