View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Killing Floor 
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Post Killing Floor

Stare down the apocalypse with 5* (Possibly more) friends.

To be honest I'm surprised we haven't had a thread about this game already given its multiplayer base. I know a few people have it on IRC, but if you don't have it, or don't know anything about it, here's the steam link with trailers and screenshots and what have you.

If you want to play, post in this thread with your perk of choice and level of that perk. Ideally, we'll have a few teams of one perk each. There are 7 perks and you can have 6 players (In a regular game, I'm told certain servers can accommodate up to 64 players.) a game, so one perk will always be left out. Obviously you can be good at more than one perk and therefore valuable in case we have a lot of sharpshooters over firebugs, say. I will put you down in other catagories with a star (*) to signify that you can play this perk but it is not your most valuable strength. Level 6 players will be highlighted in green to signify their importance in huge games.

Get to it.

Image MEDICS:
TheClamV2, Level 3
p3lb0x, level 3*
Azukki

Image SUPPORT:
p3lb0x, level 4
Azukki

Image COMMANDOS:
p3lb0x, level 2*
Azukki

Image SHARPSHOOTERS:
Dauss, Level 3
p3lb0x, level 3*
Azukki

Image BERSERKERS:
p3lb0x, level 2*
Azukki

Image FIREBUGS:
Dauss, Level 2*
p3lb0x, level 2*
Azukki, Level 5*

Image DEMOLITIONS:
Dauss, Level 2*
p3lb0x, level 2*
Azukki

Sun May 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Post Re: Killing Floor
I'm level 3 at medic, I don't like it the best, but I play it because nobody else is willing to.

Sun May 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Great game, been playing it over Garena (Cause, well... You know...).
I have lvl4 marksman and lvl3 commando (The rest is below lvl2), but that isn't much use cause I can't play through Steam. :(

I need to gather up some cash and finally buy this goddamn game.

Sun May 30, 2010 4:20 pm

I tried this at my friends house. :/ It kinda sucked because all we could find were hard servers.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:16 pm

I just got this for my birthday a week or two ago, and its pretty awesome, would be cool to get a group running. Im still a noob and my best perks are marksman lv. 3 and Medic lv. 3 and Demo lv 3. Oh and my steam ID is Santachrist so send me a message if you want a meatshield/partner

Last edited by wiffles on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 31, 2010 2:18 am

I'm level six in everything except firebug, which I'm a five in.
Medic > Sharpshooter > Commando > Demo > Support > Berserker > Firebug is my preference as far as perks go.
I usually play Medic with a Crossbow and an MP7m.

I haven't played in quite a while, mostly because of the recent decrease in servers, since you often can't get a partially full server with the difficulty and map you want anymore. I suppose it's probably a good thing that something got me to stop playing so much, after 535 hours.

On the contrary, contrary, I find it bothersome that I often can often only find normal servers.

And yeah, servers can support 64 people. And without other mods, the trader doorways can only support 1 person. It's a bloody nightmare.

If you try to add me on steam and I ignore you, it's probably because I'm assuming you were someone my brother played with when he got on my account.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:24 pm

You can mark me as level 2 or 3 Support. Don't remember, haven't played in a while.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 pm

I just got it and haven't gotten to play it much. Most likely I'll be a Sharpshooter/Demoman/Medic.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:21 am

Just got it cheap. I'll likely play Sharpshooter, for the pistol headshots...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Yeah, going onto a normal server and then killing mostly everything with one 9mm after everyone else died is hilarious.
Of course you need a little more power for the Scrakes and Fleshpounds. Unless you exploit some map features, such as doors.

I personally love the crossbow the most though, since it has a bunch of specialties.
--One can fell a line of weak enemies (clots, crawlers, and stalkers) with a crouched shot parallel to the ground.
--One can shoot a single weak enemy that's in the way at point blank range in the foot and walk over their corpse to retrieve the bolt. (thus losing no ammo)
--One can stun Husks with a body shot, temporarily preventing sautéing. Also stuns Gorefasts.
--One can take advantage of the %600 headshot damage and instantly kill a Scrake or even Fleshpound (depending on difficulty/SS level) with a headshot.
--Ammo boxes help a lot, giving 8 bolts, which would cost $120 at the store. Xbow-men get the most out of them, so hog them, and in return, toss the team some dosh to help them pay for their cheaper ammo.
--Or one can sell a crossbow and buy a new one to fully refill ammo for only $100, instead of up to $600. (best if you have < 33 bolts) (Kind of an exploit.)
You can combine those techniques to some extent too.
--Crouch, shoot through some clots at an upward angle into the head of a Scrake.
--Shoot through some enemies into a Husk that you can't immediately take care of.
--Kill several weak enemies using penetration with downward shots and recover the bolts.
--Shoot through 3 Gorefasts, reload as they're stunned, shoot through them again.
--Jump and shoot downward to headshot something > gorefast for an instant kill and recover the bolt.
It's probably even possible to kill two Fleshpounds and two Scrakes in perfectly aligned shot, and then recover the bolt. That would definitely require favorable circumstances, though.

Does anyone else remember decapitating fleshpounds with only a knife and good timing? It was really overpowered, but it felt awesome, walking up to this 8 foot tall beast everyone fears, slashing him in the face, and walking away to let him fumble around and eventually figure out he needed that head to survive.

If we ever do actually organize and play together, I don't think we need to worry too much about balancing out the perks to the squad members. In my experience, for a fully functional team, you need a Medic (one who actually heals a fair amount) and a Sharpshooter. (or another Medic with an Xbow. He alone can't fill both roles in later waves.) The other four can be whatever they want or are best at. The team won't have every advantage, but it will have the two most important, and the same amount of total advantages. Door welding and stalker exposition are handy, but not entirely essential and absolutely necessary.

Although, keep in mind, with firebug, everyone loses. You have to put up with kill stealing, and everyone else has to put up with fire, fire everywhere.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 pm

I would be Happy To play with anybody, Im wiffles on steam, gimme a shout when Im on

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:01 am

The main reason I was thinking of playing Sharpshooter is that it has +damage on the weapons that a) you start with, and b) work well to cause the +headshot damage. I didn't really like the crossbow due to the scope favouring more precise, slow aiming.
And headshots aren't all that hard to get. Clots, Gorefasts and Skrakes are all near-identical height, and either of the pistols fire fast enough to chain it. That, and the reduced recoil helps to keep your aim steady, especially during Zed-time.

Oh, and Steam name: Barnox

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 am

I'm getting this today, not sure what class I'll play. I'll probably go for support or commando. My Steam name is Benpasko.

Edit: You can add me to the list as a Level 2 Support. Me and Azukki(I think) played some rounds, as well as Barnox.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Because I'm using a UK Steam account, and I've got a US credit card with address I can't actually buy anything on steam. If someone were to get this for me i'd be eternally grateful.

(i'd also give you The Humble Indie Bundle)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:02 am

Yes indeed we did. I go by Cy on steam, and I'm in the DRLFF steam group.
(notice how the C is capitalized, and how the y isn't, indicated that it's a proper noun rather than an abbreviation. Like "Lua.")
If the name is set to Ben or Peregrinus, just uhhh consider me as being unavailable at the moment.

Last edited by Azukki on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next