View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Anyone still plays Fallout 3? 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
Mods can unfortunately not fix the underlaying majority of problems caused by simply having a shitty engine.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:43 pm

walid0303 wrote:
FO3 : More story based,less combat system.
FNV : More combat based,less story.

Hopefully Fallout 4 will combine and upgrade these traits, that's all i can hope for.

But FNV had a better, and actually coherent story that follows the canon.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 am

Sothe wrote:
walid0303 wrote:
FO3 : More story based,less combat system.
FNV : More combat based,less story.

Hopefully Fallout 4 will combine and upgrade these traits, that's all i can hope for.

But FNV had a better, and actually coherent story that follows the canon.

I disagree about the better thing. The only aspect that I thought was better was the ability to choose which side you were on. And also lolol Fallout canon.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 am
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Fallout 1 and 2 had their inconsistencies with the canon plot, but then FO3 was like was is this continuity and plot consistency you speak of this is a foreign concept to us here at Bethesda.

I was so happy to see my turbo plasma rifle, boxy design and all, back in New Vegas. Now if I could just get the YK42B pulse rifle with critical hit death animation.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 am
happy carebear mom

Lizardheim wrote:
Mods can unfortunately not fix the underlaying majority of problems caused by simply having a shitty engine.

Oh man FO3's engine. If you poke it the wrong way it crashes more than it plays, and there are more ways to poke it wrong than not.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:04 am

Although it is for Fallout New Vegas I would like to mention
♥♥♥♥ Project Brazil

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Duh102 wrote:
Lizardheim wrote:

Oh man FO3's engine. If you poke it the wrong way it crashes more than it plays, and there are more ways to poke it wrong than not.

Bethesda physics. I was in Freeside, where the guy tells you not to pick any fights with anyone to stay alive, then all of the sudden he runs into the Securitrons and gets killed.

And in Skyrim, I had a faulty install half a year back, so when the game started, the carriage would slam into the Helgen gate, then launch upwards into the sky never to be seen again. In the background you could faintly hear General Tullias say "UGH, AGH, OUCH, AHHH, MERCY"

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:17 am

I always wanted to play it, so I bought it on Steam a few months ago, but it never worked, even after following the technical support instructions, so i'm sat here looking at it's name, yearning to play it yet unable to.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:10 am

Sothe wrote:
Duh102 wrote:
Lizardheim wrote:

Bethesda physics. I was in Freeside, where the guy tells you not to pick any fights with anyone to stay alive, then all of the sudden he runs into the Securitrons and gets killed.

And in Skyrim, I had a faulty install half a year back, so when the game started, the carriage would slam into the Helgen gate, then launch upwards into the sky never to be seen again. In the background you could faintly hear General Tullias say "UGH, AGH, OUCH, AHHH, MERCY"

One time I threw a landmine at a fleeing enemy in new vegas and it cornered him just right so he just sat there saying "SON OF A ♥♥♥♥♥" over and over. I laughed at it for 10 solid minutes before I killed him.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:52 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
NV didn't ever do that for me. Not to mention that in NV you can beat the game easily without ever even seeing the harder enemies. I'm not saying FO3 was hard: once you got some good gear you could breeze through it at expert and never see a problem, but at least you'd see some deathclaws or whatever before you got to the end.

Plus, I know New Vegas has that stone quarry, but that place is a joke compared to Old Olney. You can't sit a mile away from Olney sniping.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Oh I know that feel
The quarry is a cake walk compared to Old Olney
It scared the ♥♥♥♥ out of me, only ever went there once

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 pm

WalkableBuffalo wrote:
Oh I know that feel
The quarry is a cake walk compared to Old Olney
It scared the ♥♥♥♥ out of me, only ever went there once

Ah, Old Olney...i went there without any ideas. Got nearly killed by 5 Deathclaws. Fully Repaired Hunting Rifle and lvl 100 Small Weapons Skill ftw...

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:07 am

If you've ever seen the movie Vampires, that was my approach to Olney. Set up a safe zone guarded by mines, and pull the Deathclaws out into them one by one. Especially the basement you have to go through for Broken Steel. So rad.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 am

I played Fallout 3; found it somewhat disappointing after all the hype but it certainly wasn't bad. At the very least it's a very good water cooler game, as you can see here.

The ending was beyond my fairly high tolerance for dum, though I heard the DLC fixes that. The environments were sort of sameish but there are a number of fairly memorable locations and exploring is fun enough. My only real wish was that they got rid of VATS and added iron sights in its place.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:04 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
I don't play video games enough to say "well, I guess I need to buy a couple more hours of FO3" instead of "I'll just ♥♥♥♥ around in what I have/play another game/replay this game differently/whatever."

I love this quote

I only played Operation Anchorage and The Pitt since I bought them on disc for my Xbox when they first came out although I wish I played the others, might boot it back up with FOOK and all the DLCs
I think if you have a GOTY edition it's better because you can have a more 'complete' experience, ie. with more guns and armour

Also I of course like ironsights, and it may be because of them I don't use VATS as often in NV, but it might because in F3 since there were a lot of tough enemies it was better to rely on that system, on a personal note I don't like the scope sights, they're very just plastered on and I never found any mods with fix that

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next