View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Anyone still plays Fallout 3? 
Author Message
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 pm
Posts: 3717
Location: Over there.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
Iron sights is good and all, and it's something I really like about NV, but I also really like VATs. When you're in a situation with a lot of dudes and you want to get out with the least resistance, it's nice having the option to pause, look around, aim at everybodys' heads, and shoot. Also it's a bit of a throwback to the first two games, which I appreciate.

When it's all said and done, I did like NV a ton too, but I just liked FO3 more. I never bothered with DLC, but I didn't really ever care. I don't play video games enough to say "well, I guess I need to buy a couple more hours of FO3" instead of "I'll just ♥♥♥♥ around in what I have/play another game/replay this game differently/whatever."


Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:04 pm
Posts: 529
Location: Britannia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
Nonsequitorian wrote:
I don't play video games enough to say "well, I guess I need to buy a couple more hours of FO3" instead of "I'll just ♥♥♥♥ around in what I have/play another game/replay this game differently/whatever."

I love this quote

I only played Operation Anchorage and The Pitt since I bought them on disc for my Xbox when they first came out although I wish I played the others, might boot it back up with FOOK and all the DLCs
I think if you have a GOTY edition it's better because you can have a more 'complete' experience, ie. with more guns and armour

Also I of course like ironsights, and it may be because of them I don't use VATS as often in NV, but it might because in F3 since there were a lot of tough enemies it was better to rely on that system, on a personal note I don't like the scope sights, they're very just plastered on and I never found any mods with fix that


Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:26 am
Posts: 1633
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
WalkableBuffalo wrote:
I love this quote

I only played Operation Anchorage and The Pitt since I bought them on disc for my Xbox when they first came out although I wish I played the others, might boot it back up with FOOK and all the DLCs
I think if you have a GOTY edition it's better because you can have a more 'complete' experience, ie. with more guns and armour

Also I of course like ironsights, and it may be because of them I don't use VATS as often in NV, but it might because in F3 since there were a lot of tough enemies it was better to rely on that system, on a personal note I don't like the scope sights, they're very just plastered on and I never found any mods with fix that

Plus New Vegas' VATS got nerfed and was buggier. They took away almost all of the damage reduction, and your character freezes up more often. VATS can just randomly get you killed in NV.


Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
Ah, the DLCs for FO3...
I mostly enjoyed...Mothership Zeta. Stole enough ammo for any alien gun from there.
Operation Anchorage is nice too, only that you have to run back to the Base incase you idiot forgot something. >.>
The Pitt was easy. The Trogs werent a Problem.
Point Lookout...the first time i saw one of these big guys, i was thinking "meh, normal raider". WRONG! They are stronger than they look like, like other Enemies there.
Broken Steel i enjoyed a little bit. New Armour and some new Weps and 3 new Maps...i liked to play the extended Main Quest, but didnt like the Supermutant Overlords and these Ravegers or whatever their names was, these strong Ghouls. They were too strong, as my Repeater (my favorite Gun, commonly used by Swampfolk in Point Lookout) took more than 3 shots to the head, and i usually kill a guy with 2 shots.


Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:08 am
Profile
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 pm
Posts: 3717
Location: Over there.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
I liked the Gauss Gun. Good Gun. I never played it on my own Ex Bocks, because I didn't have Operation Anchorage, but it was awesome when I played it at a friends house.


Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 pm
Profile
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:54 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
Benpasko wrote:
Plus New Vegas' VATS got nerfed and was buggier. They took away almost all of the damage reduction, and your character freezes up more often. VATS can just randomly get you killed in NV.


>Implying VATS should be easy mode

I got tired of being able to just pour points into AP regeneration and become nigh invincible against deathclaws and super mutants with super sledges as I shot their heads off. VATS nerf was definitely required for NV.


Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
I dont really user VATS that much. I only use it to scan the area while traveling, or use it to shoot a fast enemy. Sadly, i got a "nerfed" game, as there is no blood/no limb loss. :l


Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:37 pm
Profile
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 pm
Posts: 3717
Location: Over there.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
that destroys the point of the rail cannon. :P


Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:59 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
Excactly. But its kind of funny with that, i mean, who doesnt like seeing how people get blown away, like, out of your sight?


Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:26 am
Posts: 1633
Reply with quote
Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
Dauss wrote:

>Implying VATS should be easy mode

I got tired of being able to just pour points into AP regeneration and become nigh invincible against deathclaws and super mutants with super sledges as I shot their heads off. VATS nerf was definitely required for NV.

No, I think it's still fine in NV, just could stand to be less buggy.


Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.019s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]