View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 TES... Is it for you? 

Post TES... Is it for you?
Why TES??

the TES games r all differnet in their own special way

first, name - buggy and bad

2nd, stagger,fall - expansive randomized dungeons

3rd, more a wind - expansive world, char system, atmosphere

4rd, oblivvin - friendlier ai, moddable, scenic

5rd, skyrim - scenic, moddable, action game styled, minimalist stat wise

and the bethesda made fallout gamze 2

fallout 3 - nonsensical plot not following canon, atmoshpere

fonv - following cannon, atmosphere, own engine

Despite all of thise….company not faithful 2 custmers. Not use original engine for FO3…make lies to fans for skyrim….not fix bugs….force users 2 mod….so if u like modding gamez….and not vanilla experience.. play TES games. if not. dont bother. play STALKER, and Witcher, and Deus Ex, and Gothic, and Icewind Dale, and VTMB, and other good RPGs etc etc

So. Do you like TES? General Bethesda thread

Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 am

Post Re: TES... Is it for you?
Yes. I know it's my style to write long, expressive, detailed posts, but I don't really feel like it at the moment because I'm tired and busy. All I can say is, I put over 200 hours in Oblivion, 150 in FO3, and so far well over 250 in Skyrim, which I still play at least once a week.

Quick rundown of big pros/cons-

-Morrowind has a weird combat system, I dislike randomness factor allowing you to miss even though the animation shows your weapon going through an enemy, it's quite strange; however, Morrowind has beautiful aesthetics, it feels like an alien world at times and the fantasy elements are great, lots of supporting lore and so on, awesomest/nerdiest of TES series

-Oblivion scenery looks pretty, faces are made with the ♥♥♥♥ brand of play-doh (Adoring Fan never forget) so I just always play Argonian because it's the only race that isn't ugly as sin; mods can fix this obviously; the generic/non-big-quest dungeons get aesthetically repetitive because they had one guy doing all of them so yeah that feels kind of copy-pasted, but areas like the Knights of the Nine dungeons or the Planes of Oblivion are beautiful; combat is decent but somewhat limited, less weapons/spell options than Morrowind but lacks Skyrim's dual-wielding and perk abilities and horse combat and ♥♥♥♥ so yeah, I give it worst combat overall

-Skyrim feels the easiest to pick up because of the nature of skill and perk progression, I kind of miss making a class but you can still use one playstyle faithfully and it works okay, combat feels better than Oblivion's, pretty responsive, expansions are great, main quest is eh but you can kill a lot of time exploring, looks amazing, MOST IMPORTANTLY, SUPER STABLE, I didn't have too much trouble with Morrowind but Oblivion would fart out a problem every few hours and Fallout would crash nearly hourly so ♥♥♥♥, but Skyrim (vanilla) never ever crashed for me, sometimes with a bunch of mods installed it'll occasionally go like "bro can you not do that ♥♥♥♥ man nigguh but it's okay i autosaved 2 secs before that crash"

-Fallout 3 was great, I could not get into NV for some reason, I really wanted to due to some of the added mechanics and so on but man I just couldn't; FO3 has some of the best atmosphere in any game I've played, very dark humor and so on, good ♥♥♥♥

Fri May 03, 2013 1:53 am

I do not like vanilla Skyrim at all, far to simplified for my tastes and it had the most awful perk tree ever, you pretty much had to take the shitty +15% damage perks otherwise you would completely fall behind the curve, I wanted to use more interesting perks bethesda, you twats.
It also had shitty enemy progression. an hour or so in you were fighting Draugr, Spiders and Dragons, by the very end of the game you were fighting... Draugr, Spiders and Dragons

Oblivion had the shittiest enemy-levelling system ever, but I feel as if that is already very well established.

Morrowind has the shittiest combat ever, but I like how much more open and filled with options it was.

Fallout 3 was all right, but as you said, canon was ignored and though the atmosphere was strong the whole "humanity's just hanging on" vibe totally contradicted what we've seen in the past.

F:NV is the only in the one in the beth-related TES/FALLOUT games I would actually call great, the rest were mostly just good.
My favourite Fallout game is a tie between F2 and NV by the way.
I would like it if Bethesda sub-contracted Obsidian out for future games.

Morrowind was also the only TES game with really interesting art direction imo, it was bizarre and alien.
Oblivions rolling green plains were pretty but generic.
Skyrim was meh, to much desaturated.

Fri May 03, 2013 3:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Since dawn/ of time man has collected plants to food..... we are now going back to this tradition

Fri May 03, 2013 3:11 am
Profile WWW

Some of those swords remind me of the basic Iron Sword.

Fri May 03, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm in the Yhatzee boat in that glitchy TES games add a sort of drunken puppy adorableness.

Fri May 03, 2013 3:11 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not the biggest Elder Scrolls/Fallout fan out there but I think these games are sort of like pizza. Sometimes you want pizza, even bad pizza. And the thing is, Skyrim and such are the only pizza joints in town. Ya know what I mean? I can't think of another game that comes close to the sense of open adventure you get from these games, as glitchy and poorly constructed as that adventure may be.

Fri May 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:
Some of those swords remind me of the basic Iron Sword.

Yeah, the iron gear is easily to me the most appealing. Sad really. Worst gear in the game looks best (and they knew this, why else would they put that god-awesome helmet on their cover?). How does Forsworn stuff do so much better than actual metal?

You can't really use mods to fix it either, as any weapons added tend to be ridiculously over designed WoW nonsense.

Fri May 03, 2013 7:32 pm

There are plenty of lore-friendly mods you know >_>
They're usually the most popular

Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 pm

WalkableBuffalo wrote:
There are plenty of lore-friendly mods you know >_>
They're usually the most popular

Those tend to add some more well-designed iron weapons but the better weapons are usually still pretty stupid looking.
In the sane mod where we get something cool like this:

We also get stuff like these

Fri May 03, 2013 7:39 pm

I've spent maybe 30 hours browsing and configuring canon mods for Skyrim
You just need to know where to look
vgtes.wikia.com

Sat May 04, 2013 1:24 am

Sothe wrote:
I've spent maybe 30 hours browsing and configuring canon mods for Skyrim
You just need to know where to look
vgtes.wikia.com

I've spent similar amounts of time with NV. My rules for mods are that the mods has to fit the themes of the game, be lore-friendly (at the very least, it can't contradict canon), be balanced or provide a new balance.

Sat May 04, 2013 3:23 am

Oh this is one of the mods that I was talking about
For Oblivion at least anyway

Wed May 15, 2013 8:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]