View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series 

Post S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series
With the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series im talking about...
First, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stands for...
"Shooter, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer , Robber

Here are the Photos of the 3 Games.
Shadow of Chernobyl

Clear Sky

And Call of Pripyat

Imagine, you are in or near Chernobyl.
The first NPP failure happened here.
You wake up at some Trader Guy and he gives you Information about a Mission you should do. Now, the Game begins.
A big World, where most Areas are accesible, the Mutants give small visits, and where Factions fight eachother for reasons unknown. You can either follow the Main Quest or just go and do everything on your own, though, for some Areas, you have to do the Main Quest. The People can be either Loners, Faction Guys, Bandits or just Maniacs. Everyone just tries to survive.
The Mutants Range from the simple Blind Dog to the deadly Controller and to the powerful Pseudogiant. Radiation is nearly everywhere, and Anomalies spawn now here or there, which can either burn you to a Toast or, suck you into them and, make you implode.

Anyway, have you played any of them already? And yes, did you finish them?

I personally played Shadow of Chernobyl (and finished just today) and Call of Pripyat, going to get myself Clear Sky sometime.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Post Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series
I honestly don't like the first two games, but Call of Pripyat is one of my favorite shooters of all time. Preferably with SMRTER. It's a mod that makes the game harder by changing the distribution of loot and monsters. You can run into wandering Pseudogiants and Chimeras, and there are packs of Monolith everywhere. The Jupiter Plant in particular has a couple dozen. If you like CoP, check it out.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/smrter-pripyat

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

CoP is my favorite, yeah. MISERY mod is best. So realism.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

I want to redownload CoP and get MISERY, but I dunno if my laptop will be able to run it.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:23 am

CoP is too streamlined for me.
I prefer ShoC, along with AMK as a base mod

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:00 am

Well,

I only played SoC, because I looked at some CoP and Cs, and seeing you can't even use iron sights, I didn't wanted to try them. (yes I'm picky xD) Sadly, my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. crashed just after the monolith mission, on the red forest. I am going to buy another game, (box) to try Oblivion lost. can't wait to try all of theses weapons!

Did anyone here installed Oblivion Lost? How's the mod?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Vlads wrote:
Well,

I only played SoC, because I looked at some CoP and Cs, and seeing you can't even use iron sights, I didn't wanted to try them. (yes I'm picky xD) Sadly, my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. crashed just after the monolith mission, on the red forest. I am going to buy another game, (box) to try Oblivion lost. can't wait to try all of theses weapons!

Did anyone here installed Oblivion Lost? How's the mod?

You can use Iron Sights in all the the STALKER games. Not sure what you're smoking.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:09 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

plus thats saying that games like half life/doom/etc are bad because no iron sights

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:39 am
Profile WWW

Also, who needs iron sights when you have skill? 8)

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:15 am
Forum Moderator

>Skill
In games like STALKER the accuracy gets increased when aiming down the iron sights, enabling you to achieve more accurate shots than when just hip firing.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:48 am

p3lb0x wrote:
>Skill
In games like STALKER the accuracy gets increased when aiming down the iron sights, enabling you to achieve more accurate shots than when just hip firing.

Which takes more skill, since you have you aim than just spray'n'pray.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Miggles wrote:
plus thats saying that games like half life/doom/etc are bad because no iron sights

Oh, ♥♥♥♥ you, I didn't said that games like that was bad, I just took a look at a few screenshots, that's all. darnit.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Miggles wrote:

Those games have more accurate shots despite that though. Like, there is no hip fire, it goes directly where the cursor is.

Notsoscary wrote:
p3lb0x wrote:
>Skill

Which takes more skill, since you have you aim than just spray'n'pray.

In games like STALKER, the real skill is in how you handle skirmishes, scavenge, avoid bad situations, and safely traverse. When it comes right down to it, a simple loner in a leather jacket with a cheap shotgun can take down a military outpost given they start at the right spot, stick to the shadows, and quickly scavenge. That's one of the things I love about STALKER

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:42 am

Sothe has it. Aim is very important. Preparation is more important, and strategy is more important than that. The guy who shoots you in the back wins, regardless of aim. What are your favorite guns in dem Stalkers? I really like the Sig 550 in CoP, huge accuracy and firepower, with (imo) the best sights in the game. My preferred sidearm fluctuates between various silenceable pistols, usually the p226 or m9.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 am

Honestly I'd have to say the Fort-12 is my favorite sidearm. It's essentially a Ukrainian beefed up Makarov with more ammo.
I also try to stick with the SVDm-2 for responsive sniping at long range, and keep a modified MP with AP for mid range, or any assualt I can get my hands on.
Though sometimes I go with a .45 and shotgun, with a hi tech assault for mid-long range, as the more heavy weapons have their perks. If I can help it, I go with the more mobile and fast weapons, so an MP5 is pretty much in my inventory at all times.

mm ♥♥♥♥ I want to reinstall now

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next