View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Fallout 4 Hype 

Post Re: Fallout 4 Hype
Well, yes there are some stinkers that are never worth the money. I will agree with that. But thats what reviews are for. It doesn't matter if 95% of paid mods aren't worth the cash, as long as their are properly advertised like every other form of game it should go fine.

I don't expect Paid modding to completely phase out free modding either.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:16 pm
happy carebear mom

It's not so much that there are overpriced stinkers as it changes the whole dynamic of a modding community. The introduction of extrinsic motivation frequently kills intrinsic motivation, and modding communities survive on intrinsic motivation.

I am perfectly willing to be proven wrong, but I don't see anything good coming from paid mods.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:58 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Welp, it's not an MMO. And it looks like they've actually added some interesting features.
Using the millions of useless objects scattered around the world for crafting sounds pretty cool.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:17 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

In other news, I am goddamn PUMPED about FO4 now. Dat crafting. Dat weapon modding/making. Dat power armor. Dat conversation system. Dat dog.
DAT EVERYTHING.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:24 am
Profile WWW

TheLastBanana wrote:
Welp, it's not an MMO. And it looks like they've actually added some interesting features.
Using the millions of useless objects scattered around the world for crafting sounds pretty cool.

The settlement stuff looks like a very obvious build-up on the Hearthfire expansion for Skyrim and the general popularity of survival/construction sims, they've clearly recognized how much people loved to build and customize their homes there (and in earlier games) through the use of mods and the dev console, and are trying to make it much more accessible without being mandatory for the game. Something I'm wondering about now is whether we'll be able to build down as well as up, like set up a basement or whatever.

It's a nice touch and doesn't seem to be too shoehorned in by executive meddling. I expect to see many awkward wobbling hobotowers studded with sentry turrets and floodlights, filled with loot and crafting stuff.

Adding extra purpose to the world clutter is nice too. I'm kinda concerned about the potential to break certain things by disassembling other people's' stuff, but I'm guessing they'll have some kind of ownership system so you can't tear NPC stuff down without pissing off the owning faction or clearing the place out.

I can't wait to see modders get their hands on the gun and armour customization systems either. The latter is perfect for some 40K shenanigans for sure.

Ed: for anyone who missed the E3 preview last night, here's a gallery of gifs on imgur; http://imgur.com/gallery/e7eLf

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:55 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

Bumpin' old threads, son

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:01 am
happy carebear mom

I eagerly await HK's too-excited scrawlings on IRC.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:47 am
Loose Canon

Prepare yourself for inarticulate Fallout screaming, then a good 24 hours or so of silence.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3