View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Fallout 4 Hype 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Fallout 4 Hype
Just saying this, but, Half-Life 3: Confirmed.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:38 am

Location: Somewhere in the solar system. (I'm not telling you where)
Fallout 4 is confirmed and revealed now!!!!!!!
All aboard the hype train again!!!!!

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:24 am
Forum Moderator

While I honestly do not want to hype, a small inkling of hype has ignited inside me. I greatly enjoyed playing through New Vegas and DLC, except Dead Money. Hopefully they'll finally make gunplay for stuff other than the high damage bolt action rifles interesting.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 pm
happy carebear mom

I'm coming into this expecting it to be always-online MMO fest stuff like ESO, so either I'll be pleasantly surprised or right.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:03 pm
Forum Moderator

I highly doubt they'd be able to effectively turn fallout into a online multiplayer game, at most it could probably work as a mostly singleplayer with multiplayer elements every now and then, like Dark Souls.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:28 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I kind of doubt they would announce another numbered title in the Fallout series, then pull a bait-and-switch and make it an MMO. I'm sure Bethesda is aware that would just piss people off.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:36 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

One would hope, but I don't expect much of companies. Final Fantasy, for instance, is just numbered, and yet some of them are MMOs are some are not.
My philosophy still works in my favor, however! If it turns out to be a badly named fallout MMO, then I'm vindicated, and if it turns out to be a worthy successor to FO3 and FO:NV (hopefully with more ♥♥♥♥ in it than NV), I win a good game!

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:32 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Win-win situation for Duh.

Is there any more info on the game aside from the trailers? I can't find anything interesting at all aside from the pre-purchase on Steam.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:30 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Ah, yes, the real reason to be a pessimist: you're either pleasantly surprised, or you're right.

I imagine they're holding back most of the information until their pre-E3 press conference, so we'll probably hear more then.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:24 pm
Profile WWW

Duh102 wrote:
One would hope, but I don't expect much of companies. Final Fantasy, for instance, is just numbered, and yet some of them are MMOs are some are not.

The numbering scheme rarely ever makes any kind of sense, though, and in many cases they're not even sequels - or even set in the same world, for that matter. :???:

It's an understandable stance, though. Maybe they'll come up with something good, but I won't hold my breath. The only thing I'm counting on there being is community-made bugfix mods. :roll:

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:26 pm
Profile YIM

I'm only worried that they'll try to shoehorn paid mods into FO4. There was huge backlash when they tried it with Skyrim, but Bethesda/Valve said something along the lines of "Oh yeah we shouldn't have tried that, on an old game that has had free mods for years, our bad." Seems like a new title is the place to try again.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:32 am
happy carebear mom

Yeah, I imagine that would turn out about as well, too, considering how little difference there's likely to be.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:38 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:
I'm only worried that they'll try to shoehorn paid mods into FO4. There was huge backlash when they tried it with Skyrim, but Bethesda/Valve said something along the lines of "Oh yeah we shouldn't have tried that, on an old game that has had free mods for years, our bad." Seems like a new title is the place to try again.

They probably will. Whether or not they learned anything is anyone's guess. :???:

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:14 am
Profile YIM

Eh, mods being paid or free is largely the discretion of the modder, As long as the quality is there, i wouldn't mind having paid mods, its basically third party dlc. in a way its better than normal dlc because you know that it is original content that was created after the game instead of something they decided not to include with the final product so that they could sell it later for $$$

Either way I was really happy after seeing the trailer, Fallout is one of my favorite settings and I can't wait to see what the story will be.

The game itself doesn't matter because I won't have a PC that can play it for another 4 years.

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:09 pm
happy carebear mom

Most DLC is dumb and overpriced in the first place, and that's from companies that have market research to tell them where they should price their shiny weapon skin pack. I don't trust people to price their mods right, or, more importantly, to admit they were wrong in their pricing after people balk at it.

The Minecraft modding community has taught me one very important thing about people, money, and mods: people get stupidly anal about their "intellectual property" as soon as they have any sort of financial involvement.

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next