View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 XCOM 2 

Post XCOM 2

XCOM 2 continues on in a world where EU/EW's XCOM failed to stop the aliens. So we get to find out what they would have done, and we also get to blast their faces in again!

I got the physical copy, so I'm still here sitting around for it to be delivered. Anyone have any thoughts about it so far?

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: XCOM 2
It looks awesome! I'm really curious about how the game's gonna be, like the whole deal with the classes, weapons and melee. The price tag is ridiculously high over here though, so I doubt to be getting it anytime soon.

Also I'm very curious about the story, since it seems a little bit more fleshed out than "defend earth from aliens".

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Post Re: XCOM 2
My copy finally arrived! Binged a few hours on it. Yeah, it's a little more plot-y, but you can kind of ignore it.

Melee is cool, you can use it after dashing. It's usually a bit weaker than a shotgun, unless you take the ability to give it bonus damage.
The weapons, as far as how they work, are very similar to EU/EW. Grenade launchers are pretty cool, though.

It's still a little buggy, really long load times, pauses, and the video and audio of cutscenes getting desynced. But it seems to get better past the very beginning of the game.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]