View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:58 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 4/4/08
Awesome! love the move to a Japanese faction. Now all we need are some awesome mecha.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:04 pm

The LR5000 can't even MOVE the heavies!
Pleeeease, this mod is making people make uber factions, tone the actors down!
(and the airburstrocketthingie)

Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Spoot Knight wrote:
Until it hits a person square on the face with its pommel or its side...

Oh no, slight unrealism, call the police!
And while they're at it, maybe they can arrest a few disembodied brains too.

Although after testing it, the knife looks pretty cool when you throw it, just not like a knife.

The sword also is dumb, make it spread more, and cut less.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:40 pm

The knife bullet sprite-thing should have a handle on it and the pixels that do damage ar attatched the blue part of the blade.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:10 pm
Profile WWW

NeoSeeker wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:
NeoSeeker wrote:
the sword would be cooler if it was like an actual light saber, where when you held down the fire button it shot really really low lifetime, high sharpness, high accuracy, and high speed particles

Uhm... thats exactly what it does. It fires 10 of them per swing, to be exact. Its just that its "semi-auto" so you have to press the button once for every swing, instead of being "auto" and being like "wall of blades lol."

Plus, I'm not sure how your specifications would make it like "an actual light saber." Unless you're referring to the classic CC lightsaber mod.

i'm saying instead of a muzzle flash and the sword disappearing, the particles would be given an intense glow, and they'd be the effect and the thing that does damage, coming directly from the sword's emitter handle thingy.

Well, then it just become a baton that gets waved around. I don't really find that aesthetically appealing.

The ClamV2 wrote:
Pleeeease, this mod is making people make uber factions, tone the actors down!
(and the airburstrocketthingie)

What is an LR5000? Also, people need to learn that if there's a strong actor, that everything they make doesn't need to be designed to kill it. You didn't see me designing everything around killing a Zorneus did you?

Winterous wrote:
Spoot Knight wrote:
Until it hits a person square on the face with its pommel or its side...

Oh no, slight unrealism, call the police!
And while they're at it, maybe they can arrest a few disembodied brains too.

Although after testing it, the knife looks pretty cool when you throw it, just not like a knife.

The sword also is dumb, make it spread more, and cut less.

You probably want everything that gets caught in the swing to be damaged, huh? And you want it to cut LESS? It's a sword...

Well, I could probably mess with it a bit.

wutangfan1990 wrote:
The knife bullet sprite-thing should have a handle on it and the pixels that do damage ar attatched the blue part of the blade.

I've already talked about this. That would be ideal, but I don't know how to do it and still have the knife fly straight.

Also, a note: The sword and the knife are works in progress. While they're moving in the direction I want them to, they're not perfect. They will be once I come up with some clever way to make them that way. But as for now, they aren't.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:19 pm
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The ClamV2 wrote:

Clam, it does you just need immobilize the heavy so the explosions get to damage the thing!

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 4/5/08
**UPDATE**

Okay, this might not seem like much of an update since the one yesterday at first glance. The most notable thing might be that the EM sword has a larger swing to it. And yes, it damages things over a large sweep now, instead of a little line.

The thing that might not be immediately apparent though is that I NERFED THE HEAVIES. Thats right, they're weaker now. I went and messed with them and realized that they were, in fact, way too tough. I guess I just got too used to knowing the few things that could actually kill them.

So, now, the Battle Rifle has a decent chance of damaging them, and the machine gun very much more so. Even the revolvers are rather effective against them. But, since their armor is weaker than before, their other qualities now show: they can take a lot of damage. Every wound doesn't do too much damage, and they hardly bleed at all.

Hopefully, people will be satisfied with this change. I never meant to make them invincible.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:34 pm
Profile YIM

but i liked them being nearly invincible D:

still an awsome mod

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:35 pm

The heavy DarKlone is still okay.
Now, it's something killable, and not an uber weapon benchmark.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:41 pm

You should make attachable armor plates for them...

Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:37 am

NeoSeeker wrote:
You should make attachable armor plates for them...

Yeah, thats another one of my future plans... though they wouldn't probably be much different. It would just have the added effect of the armor falling off after enough hits.

Though the darklone armor is supposed to be regenerative... so I'm not sure if I actually want to do that. I'm still waiting for a build where stuff inside of armor gets damaged when the armor gets penetrated all the way through. That way I could have it so the armor never goes away, but if the body parts inside get damaged enough they can gib on their own. The way things stand, I can't do that.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:09 am
Profile YIM

Ok, the sword is sweet now, fine, but I still think it could lose a little sharpness, cutting through doors is easy.
Maybe you could reduce the fire rate, and the magazine, 500 shots seems unnecessary.

And looking at it again, I think the knives look fine.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:19 am

Winterous wrote:
Ok, the sword is sweet now, fine, but I still think it could lose a little sharpness, cutting through doors is easy.
Maybe you could reduce the fire rate, and the magazine, 500 shots seems unnecessary.

Make it slower... wow, uh, there's something blatantly obvious I didn't think of.

Thanks.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:04 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Make shuriken, a MOSRotating spinning quickly, be sure to make the AtomGroups small, like a single pixel in the middle to have like a bullet thing, yet still have an image and spin and reap.

3 size options
  1. Small
  2. Large
  3. Have both as separate weapons

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:34 am

Darlos9D wrote:
Winterous wrote:

Make it slower... wow, uh, there's something blatantly obvious I didn't think of.

Thanks.

O_o
For a second there I thought you were being sarcastic.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next