View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:21 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 4/5/08
Foa wrote:
Make shuriken, a MOSRotating spinning quickly, be sure to make the AtomGroups small, like a single pixel in the middle to have like a bullet thing, yet still have an image and spin and reap.

3 size options
  1. Small
  2. Large
  3. Have both as separate weapons

No.

In other news, the sword has been messed with again. Now you can't rapid-swing it. (I wasn't being sarcastic. That was a good idea and I feel dumb) Actually, its rather slow. But an individual hit is pretty devastating. Also, I tweaked quite a few other things. Having a weaker Heavy has put things more into perspective.

Last edited by Darlos9D on Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:00 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Winterous wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:
Winterous wrote:
Ok, the sword is sweet now, fine, but I still think it could lose a little sharpness, cutting through doors is easy.
Maybe you could reduce the fire rate, and the magazine, 500 shots seems unnecessary.

And looking at it again, I think the knives look fine.

Make it slower... wow, uh, there's something blatantly obvious I didn't think of.

Thanks.

O_o
For a second there I thought you were being sarcastic.

As my nurse said, the advanced thinkers, may forget the basic 123's, but still be able to Calculus!

Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:00 am

Yeah, it's a bit annoying when you go for over-complicated things and ignore the basic.
Hooray for rewording the same message!

Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:27 am

You could have the armor plating on the light clones. They don't have regen-armor. Maybe make a light clone that's a little tougher, if only for a few more seconds in battle. I like their size but they don't last long.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Winterous wrote:
Yeah, it's a bit annoying when you go for over-complicated things and ignore the basic.

It's called Occam's Razor.

Let's see the tweaks..dling now..

EDIT: I quite like it. About the activities thing, uhhh...Darklones CANNOT get out of a dropship without destroying it.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:55 pm

J23 wrote:
Winterous wrote:

It's called Occam's Razor.

Let's see the tweaks..dling now..

EDIT: I quite like it. About the activities thing, uhhh...Darklones CANNOT get out of a dropship without destroying it.

Really? I don't quite have that problem... sure, it happens. But not all the time.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:41 pm
Profile YIM

It usually happens that they try flying out the instant they exit the ship... therefor flying into the engines... bout 8/10 times for me

Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:01 pm

FireBlizzard wrote:
It usually happens that they try flying out the instant they exit the ship... therefor flying into the engines... bout 8/10 times for me

Oh, well all actors do that. The AI is just buggy when it comes to getting out of dropships.

As you might expect, I have no control over this.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:20 pm
Profile YIM

Too true XD

My guess is just the jets are stronger then normal actors which cause the flying to... "escalate"...

But either way its a great mod =3

Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:01 pm

Darlos9D wrote:
Oh, well all actors do that. The AI is just buggy when it comes to getting out of dropships.

You would if you made them all drop off in dropships :D

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:47 am

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 4/6/08
Dear god, I think I made a mess in my pants with the latest version of DarKlone.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:40 am

C-tron wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:

You would if you made them all drop off in dropships :D

Huh?

Anyway, **UPDATE**. I know I've practically been doing an update a day, but my thoughts on this mod have been whirling about as of late.

So, I decided to take the sword and the knife and put them in a new class of weapons, since the EM line was getting a bit overloaded. I also created a new laser weapon. Some might recognize the sprite as being similar to one from way back when I made a coil gun. Its been edited, but its found a new use.

Also, I removed the "DarKlone Program" (the activities.ini mod). I wasn't updating it along with my other stuff. And honestly, if you just go to the CC wiki, you can find out how to edit the acitivites.ini in base.rte yourself.

PS:
1239the wrote:
Dear god, I think I made a mess in my pants with the latest version of DarKlone.

Hope you got that under control.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:42 am
Profile YIM

Wait a second..why don't you just have em' arrive in Insertion Pods? Ya know, like their supposed to.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:54 am

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 3/10/08
Darlos9D wrote:
This is SORT of an update. No new units got added, though the Heavy got tweaked a bit. It no longer has that plume on hits helmet, but the horns are bigger and it can actually fit in corridors without getting caught on the ceiling. Also, the RPGL has a somewhat better sound. And the hover turret and the security drone both have infinite ammo now. That is, they don't have to reload.

The biggest addition is something to put in your Base.rte folder. Its entirely optional, but if you want a challenge, this modification to the game pits you against DarKlones! Dropships will drop either a pair of regular DarKlones, or a single Heavy DarKlone. (don't worry, the regular ones are far more common). In either case, they could come with a variety of armaments. And watch out! They have extended AimDistances, especially the ones with the sniper rifles, or the heavies with the rocket launchers. They WILL fire at you from across the map. The instructions for adding this modification are in the first post. The mod itself is the DarKloneProgram.zip, if you couldn't tell. The instructions are below it in parenthesis.

Where is that file? It looks fun but I dont find it.

-- edit: Awww man! Just missed it. Gotta edit it myself then.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:10 am

J23 wrote:
Wait a second..why don't you just have em' arrive in Insertion Pods? Ya know, like their supposed to.

Because then the whole floor would be covered in pods. Everywhere.
The AI does not know the meaning of "restraint".

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:00 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next