View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Asplode Corp's SCRAP series - Updated 9th June 

Post Re: Scrap Series
Can you make a scrap dropship that when you open up its doors it rains scrap down upon the enemy? (make custom bunker moduels too and maybe a turret)

Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:49 pm
Profile WWW

wutangfan1990 wrote:
Can you make a scrap dropship that when you open up its doors it rains scrap down upon the enemy? (make custom bunker moduels too and maybe a turret)

If he made a bomb that doesn't explode, has mid-sharpness, and some mass. Then all we would need is the dropship.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Perhaps you should include a scrap flak cannon as well that functions as a short range shotgun that just lets out a bunch of red hot debris.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
It sounds like you guys want to make a new race for CC. I can already think up a storyline, but I think the stuff for this mod needs to be less "scrap" themed and more of an improvised arsenal/transportation based off of what the scrapped robots find for use.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:40 pm

About the scrap dropship- It should drop lots of pieces of scrap, like a grenade that gibs in mid air
and drops loads of heavy stuff.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:38 pm

ppiksmada wrote:
It sounds like you guys want to make a new race for CC. I can already think up a storyline, but I think the stuff for this mod needs to be less "scrap" themed and more of an improvised arsenal/transportation based off of what the scrapped robots find for use.

No.
These are meant to be economy robots.
The only reason they are made of scrap is because it is as cheap as possible.
So scrap is going to be everywhere.
There's no point having expensive scrap units, that spoils the purpose.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Why would it be expensive? I'm just saying maybe they could have their own ways to get around, like from abandoned spaceships that they fix up and get working again, except it just looks like crap. I dunno, I thought it would be a cool idea to expand upon.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:56 pm

Maybe one of the dropships engines goes on and of with smoke coming out the top.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:17 pm
Profile WWW

Krumbs wrote:
Maybe one of the dropships engines goes on and of with smoke coming out the top.

That's a VERY nice idea, although making it flicker would cause significant problems with flying.
Maybe just slightly weaker, with another one strapped to the side.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:42 pm

woah guys, these are some good ideas, although they're going to take some time. I like the smoking dropship idea, I'll make it ruined-spaceship that's been repaired to fly again, if not very well.

I'm also thinking of the only heavy unit for SCRAPs, an ACrab that has heaps of attachables all over it, but which gib in a single hit, but without doing too much damage. so it just trundles into enemy fire then slowly falls apart. that'll take awhile too.

a simpler mod will be a SCRAP sharpshooter, think SCRAP-C with a sniper rifle.

but I'll start thinking about the concept for this dropship, and I'll also put some thought into the storyline behind these guys.

thanks for the feedback!

Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:40 am

I just thought of something I would really like to see in this mod. A big bulky AHuman actor, a hulking scrap robot. It'd be able to withstand quite a bit of punishment, due to the thickness of its construction, but would be prone to exploding when its armor is penetrated. It could carry a cannon that simply fires a heavy projectile that kills through sheer blunt force. It'd be like firing a fridge at someone.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:14 pm

He was thinking of making just that, but an ACrab.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Ocular Bleeding wrote:
I just thought of something I would really like to see in this mod. A big bulky AHuman actor, a hulking scrap robot. It'd be able to withstand quite a bit of punishment, due to the thickness of its construction, but would be prone to exploding when its armor is penetrated. It could carry a cannon that simply fires a heavy projectile that kills through sheer blunt force. It'd be like firing a fridge at someone.

Like so?

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20050713

Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Yeah, I suppose like that, except with an accompanying squish sound and much blood.
I'm partial to AHuman actors myself. ACrabs are a bit funky in my opinion.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Red army tactics :D
20 of these, armed with crappy weapons, charge in, whilst having more expensive units in reserve.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:32 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next