View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:34 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Asplode Corp - Last Updated 25th Jan 

Post Re: Asplode Corp
The Decaying Soldat wrote:
We need some scraped robots with missing lower bodies.

'Nuff said...

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:51 am

I could make the arms the legs and the cables a HDFirearm...

I'll add it to the to-do list.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:08 am

If the arms are made to be legs, then it has invisible hands to 'hold' a firearm?

Anyway, thanks for taking my idea :)

Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:34 pm

cables for holding and awesome.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
If the arms are made to be legs, then it has invisible hands to 'hold' a firearm?

Anyway, thanks for taking my idea :)

Coding wise, yes. Arms will be invisible (or very short cables) and the HDFirearm will be long(er), sparking cables

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:38 am

cables.. =.=
i might personally mod these if i get bored, theyre so fun.. and breaky :)

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:24 am
Profile WWW

As promised, the first idea!

Attachment:
[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

I don't know if you were looking for melee weapons, but i liked this idea and i think it works within the confines of Asplode Corp. I imagine it to be an electrically insulated piece of pipe with a miniature tesla-coil on one with fragments of cogs for the conductors. It works sort of like an axe, but with damage added by the electric shock.

I'd type more about it, but it is my 21st birthday and i am pre-gaming the bars right now, so that will have to wait. More later.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:57 am
Profile WWW

This looks great. The oyster is like the old RX-78 gundam in miniature scale function-wise. It plays really well.

I'll try the new stuff out when I get home and tell about the rest.

@Allen's melee idea: Exalion could make it work by making a the staff axe be held straight horizontally and the end of the axe would have the muzzleoffset that spews short, small deadly particles in 360 radius. The player could swing the axe with mouse aim and press fire when he wants to hit the target.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:56 am

exactly what i was thinking, but possibly using a few tracer emitters to arc every now and then.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:14 am
Profile WWW

Can the axe be held slightly pointing outwards? Most melee weapons in CC are either held horizontally(which doesn't look cool), or vertically (which severely reduce attack range and hard to swing around).

The axe looks really cool, but I doubt if it fits this mod. I suggest a more...low tech mechanism at the blade part, right now it looks like a piece of really high-ended equipment, or even magical.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:30 pm

or just make the sparks yellow, instead of blue, and give it the usual emissions of horror.
speaking of which, make more black smoke come out of these things. if the scrap had its own miniature cloud of ick, id believe it was breaking more :) and if it were sparking.
in fact, have some smoke sprites ^^
ill be using them in my mod, but hey, if it saves you work and gets me sparky smokey scraps without editing it myself, woot.

Attachments:
File comment: woot, use me!
Smoke.zip [21.83 KiB]
Downloaded 182 times
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:46 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, I need to get banned more often! I come back and find my thread with lots of great ideas and praise from numgun!

That staff is similar to a melee weapon I made awhile ago, which I don't think I ever released or backed up, but I can remake it.

It's a circular saw-like weapon, which when fired pushes a drum slightly further away from the user and spins it. On the drum are sharp flail-y bits. I can remake it with my now-much improved coding skills to be a little less of a silly weapon.

Also, update coming in about 5 minutes, I've been busy.
Fixed up the Beast's sprite, it was awful, and added the nailgun, which is the first weapon intended for the Scrap, although it's a decent side-arm for anyone.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:36 am

Post Re: Asplode Corp - Last Updated 14th Jan
I like the nail gun. It shoots the generic nails, not those heated nails from the dummy nail gun, which makes it stands out even more. And the new Beast looks good too, fits into the scrapyard look.

One thing though, the robots seriously needs some gibs, and I think you should prioritize making them first. Right now they are not fun to kill. And it'd be nice if they explode in a fume of black smoke when they die.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:05 pm

see my last post for black smoke sprites.
i definitely agree on the gibs, also your magazine spriteoffsets are a little.. off. they hover above the ground when discarded.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, I added a few more gibs this update, but I'll add a few more.

Also, I will be using that smoke Geti. Thanks!

The reason the SCRAP has no emissions is to avoid crashing the game. due to the fragile nature of these useless things, they gib easily and alot. and all at once. So making it have emitters to add to half of it's components gibbing makes CC a very unhappy program. I will attempt to add something to spice it up though.

Edit: Ok, after a few hours of modding, the Oyster now 'bleeds' smoke when actually hurt, and the SCRAP... catches fire. Ish. That makes it sound better than it is, but it basically gets shot in the torso (or arms broken off) and it has a nice little flame effect pouring out Geti's smoke. took a while to get right.

You can have an update once I add in a few more gibs (I added in 3 more custom ones, but I need a few more).

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next