View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lord Tim's Good Mods 

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Post Re: Lord Tim's Good Mods
so i herd this thred wuz goin offtopic
Get back on it. Damnit, Jack, be ASSERTIVE and get your ass back in here and fix the mess you made.
Come on, I'm feeling disappointed now.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:24 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Roy-G-Biv wrote:
ppiksmada wrote:
Should be in the "all mods from build 19/20" pack.

Not really.
Water wars came from B18. So did the Sean Connery set, and torch.

I was talking about Exalion's request for the weapon dispensers. I tend to feel it's pointless to quote a post right above my own. I'll look up your dispensers in a bit man.

One of my favorite mods in here is the torch, I'd definitely like to see some more detail put into glowy things with the other releases going out.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Coalition Liberator: This is an attractive and well-done version of the machine I see in the intro. It's a good "Dreadnaught" unit for the Coalition. If I had one complaint, it would be that it seems a little too heavy. I can only really use it on concrete, if I take it over dirt (or even worse, sand) it bogs down or sinks into the ground. Then again, this may be intentional. Ignore this gripe if it's supposed to do that.

Exigent Mell: Well, I don't know where the name comes from, but it's a nice little pack of base decor. Personally I'd like to see a lot MORE posters and the like, especially photoshopped propaganda posters. "A real man lets his gun do his talking. Don't exploit the AI!" or something like that. Also, the Hologrammar seems a little too expensive for its function.

Maproom: Nice effect. I'd just merge this and the Bridge Door into the Exigent Mell mod, though.

Bridge Door: This looks and acts good, it's a nice effect. Is there a way to make this thing NOT have weight until you place it? When I select it in the base building phase, I have to be very careful not to let it touch any of the base that I've already built, because otherwise it crushes a hole through the floor. None of the other base modules act like this. (Edit: Disregard this, I'm an idiot, apparently I never noticed that all the doors do this to some extent.)

Supergun: Ummm....well, it LOOKS cool. Uh... yeah. I've never successfully equipped a soldier with this weapon, maybe that's the point and I'm missing the joke. Moving on...

Torch: The glow effects are beautiful and a fairly decent visual representation of a real blowtorch. May I suggest making the actual bullets invisible, or extending the glow to cover them?

Water Wars: This is my favorite of your mods. Yes, they're utterly useless in combat, but that's obviously the point. It's a good taunt weapon. If you ever update this mod, I'd like to see an honest-to-god Super Soaker that shoots a continuous stream of water. Imagine Gotcha's Sparq Beam, but with harmless water instead of lasery death.

Last edited by RedSonSuperDave on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:51 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

RedSon, any door destroys your base in BYOB phase.

Use an unparented door and keep it in the ground. It'll rip the ground up.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2