View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 RoCorp. Mechs Thread 

Post RoCorp. Mechs Thread
Here they are, RoCorps all new LIU_X-1 (Light Infantry Unit Model 1) and HIU_X-!(Heavy Infantry Unit Model 1). These new Mechs are more versatile than the others because they are smaller so they can get into places that the MPAM maybe can't(great mod btw). So here they are, the LIU_X-1 and HIU_X-1

Credit's to numgun for the MPAM code which i based these mechs on.

UPDATE!!!!!: i changed the sprite on the LIU so its not so much like the MPAM, but the legs still kinda look off..., i also made the health a bit more normal so its not crazy anymore.

Attachments:
File comment: dl here
LIU_X-1.rte.rar [617.29 KiB]
Downloaded 965 times

Last edited by fyher on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:34 am

Location: In my Brain Bunker when a grenade flies in and blows up in my face, killing me and my brain...
Post Re: RoCorp. LIU_X-1
So...this is a mech? That means that there can be a two mech army! I am downloading right now!

Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:57 am

Mrm. Let us hope you have Numgun's permission to resprite his MPAM. Also, a suggestion. Rather than raising the HP to a ridiculous amount, just armor the piss out of the thing. I don't think there's any need to increase HP, at least in my opinion.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:28 am

probably should have put both mech and launcher in one thread...
anyway here's your LIU_X-1 Media:

Attachment:
[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Attachment:
[The extension gif has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Attachment:
[The extension gif has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Attachment:
[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:36 am

Is that TrouserDemon's uber weapon sprite I see? Did you get permission?

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:48 am

By using fairly recognizable sprites... You just stepped into the last place you want to be in (modding-wise)... Unless you got permission from the actual creators of the sprite.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:59 am

crap ya i should of asked permission for this stuff, well, i hope its ok, i did used trouser's sprite cuz it kicked ass, but i changed some stuff on it so it didn't look EXACTLY the same and i made this in B18 and converted it to B20, and i didn't change the sprites much because i was lazy and i just wanted a shorter mech... well all i can say to it is that i used the sprites and stuff because they were really sick, ill change the sprites for the LIU soon but right now thats how it will be, also @ thoughtprocess, thanks for the media and @Ocular, when i update the sprites I'll "armor the piss out of the thing"

Spelling counts.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:04 am

graet modz butt i hop you dunt gat in tu anee truble cause ju dun azk parmizzion! :D

Spelling like this will get you arrested by Communists.

i dont want to get arrested by CNN! (Communist News Network) although i can have lots of buttsex in jail...hmmm tough call. and since when does CNN phl4//\\//\\3 //\\//\\ai 6a9 inglazsht? (since when does CNN flame my bad english?)

HURR

Last edited by dapaperboy on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:13 am
Profile WWW

dapaperboy wrote:
graet modz butt i hop you dunt gat in tu anee truble cause ju dun azk parmizzion! :D

Spelling like this will get you arrested by Communists.

What the ♥♥♥♥?
On the mod, seems nice. I'll try it tommorrow after school, as I have to go to bed. D:

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:42 am

Post Re: RoCorp. Mechs Thread
Please put them in one .rte, it's annoying to have more than one for a single mod, infact you should put all of your mods in one .rte, a lot more convenient if you ask me.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:11 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Crediting Numgun does not change the fact that this is little more than a resprite.

Except usually resprites are at least of first-party code, and not someone elses mod. The hardest thing I think you did here was find your way through Numgun's tortured .inis and rename everything.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:56 am

Ya but it's not a complete copy of the MPAM plus, i'm not up to making a whole new code because it's probably going to end up looking the exact same. So you're post is irrelevant. i made this a while ago cause i wanted to make my own mech. I made it, changed some variables to make it my own and the sprites so it doesn't look exactly the same as the MPAM. I worked my a** off trying to get all of the variables right and the offsets. And don't start telling me that it's not a good mod because all i did was change some of the variables because that's what all mods are. If someone makes an actor mod, it's pretty much a resprite of clone with all the instance names changed and a few of the variables changed so it doesn't act exactly like the clone or whatever they made it off of.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:17 am
Moderator Hero

fyher wrote:
And don't start telling me that it's not a good mod because all i did was change some of the variables because that's what all mods are. If someone makes an actor mod, it's pretty much a resprite of clone with all the instance names changed and a few of the variables changed so it doesn't act exactly like the clone or whatever they made it off of.

It's not a good mod if you don't seek permission from the original creators of the code. Yes, that's right, some people do start from scratch, they don't just use a template. It's technically plagiarism if you don't reference the code you have made. In RL, you can get into serious ♥♥♥♥ if you fail to do so.

I appreciate that you have seemed to modify it a bit, but I hear people saying they see Numguns Mech code, which you acknowledged but also Trouserdemons and Blipflips code also. Unfortunately for you this forum tends to pick any mod they find to pieces, So you gotta make sure there's no cracks.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:43 pm

I guess ur right, bu when i made it i wasnt planning on releasing it, and when i release the thrashers i said "Oh, What the Hell!" and went along with it. When i made it i didnt have a mech code and i didn't really want to use and actor template code or something and fix all of the offsets and stuff cuz i hate trial and error. I guess i'll PM numgun, trouserdemon and blipflip about using their codes and if they don't like it I'll take this down...

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:56 pm

fyher wrote:
i did used trouser's sprite cuz it kicked ass

I would be annoyed, but I forgive him.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:03 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]