View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:13 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Mario 

Post Mario
So, This mod isn't incredibly polished, but I thought someone might find it a bit entertaining.

A long time ago, I posted a gif of a Half-Life 2 weapon mod I made. In this gif, my weapon was being held by Mario. I'm not sure if I ever told anyone where this Mario came from.

Well, around two years ago when I was still in high school, I embarked on my first ever mod for a game. I essentially reskinned Piezo's DropTrooper, which I can no longer find. I did all of the sprites in the pics folder exept probably the flame. All of the underlying code was Piezo's, and I thought the idea of Mario's skin deflecting bullets was amusing, so I left it alone.

I recently found my old mod and decided to make it work with Build 21. Thanks to the very helpful actor templates I was able to do so. The only new graphic is the hat which used to be a part of his head. I think I finally have the offsets right, so I thought I would share this with you guys.

He's not meant to be balanced at all. He's extremely durable, though drop ship flames will still kill him. Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of player made weapons that will destroy him handily.

That's about it.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Mario
Whooo! We now have a doomba (or whatever it's called), a Mario and a Mario map to play on! :lol:

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
I second that woohoo.

I smell a mario scripted lua scene.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:02 am

Now someone needs to make a bouncing fireball weapon that looks like his hand in a gun shape.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:43 am

Quote:
Now someone needs to make a bouncing fireball weapon that looks like his hand in a gun shape.

or it could look like a nothing and be nothing shaped. :wink:

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:00 am
Profile WWW

I made a couple of sprites for the fireball gun/hand if someone wants to undertake that project. I think that you'd have to make a custom AtomGroup if you want the fireball to bounce like a circular ball. If the AtomGroup were autogenerated then it would probably bounce erratically. But I don't really know much about that.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:12 am
Profile WWW

macattack wrote:
Quote:

or it could look like a nothing and be nothing shaped. :wink:

Well, it should look right when he wields other weapons.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:27 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]