View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Spetsnaz [UPDATE] 

Post Re: Spetsnaz
JackBlades07 wrote:
TrouserDemon wrote:
All the guns are blatant AK47 edits.

May I be the first one to say, "Duh". What do you think the Spetsnaz used as guns? They are all modified AK-47's
All of them.
Because in real like they all really were modified AK 47's

Technically, Galaxy said "duh" first.

Yeah, the spriting on the actors are the only problem, but I like the weapons.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:55 am
Profile YIM WWW

Delta_07 wrote:
C-tron wrote:
I wasn't criticizing the fact that they have blast helmets. I was asking you to please make it look less like he has a soldering facemask and more like a helmet with a blast shield add-on. The ski-mask one looks like blackface.

And how do you propose I do that?

Спецназ мог легко победить SAS!

Konechno!

Ok, well make it a helmet first, since it's a heavy clone edit all you have to do is make the face of the darklone darker, so the helmet is on top of the shield, then make the bottom of the shield straight down with a slight curve instead of following the head. The top of the helmet should overlap the face.

Oh, well for the other one... make the eyes smaller and their outline should be skin colored, same goes for the mouth, make it lighter, as far from red/pink as you can.

E: I'll try to work on it myself when I get home.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:13 pm

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Delta_07 wrote:
Also, not all anti-terrorist units look like the pathetic US ones!

Hey! You lost the cold war, get over it!
And Trouser's a Brit, anyway, so why wail on the Americans?
Chill! I don't blame you for going the obvious route with your sprites, but a little variety would be nice.

Excuse me gentlemen (and eventually ladies), but sometimes I feel the urge to throw myself into a neutral discussion that is or may be evolving into a political one. Anyways the commentator pointed out that a certain "you" lost the cold war, now if I haven't mistaken this is about the relations between the Soviet Union and the NATO during late 1940's until the collapse of the Soviet Union. So basically the commentator declared a loser and a winner of the cold war, as most of us know there was never direct military confrontation between the parts and therefore it is a mistake to say that the parts were losers and winners as there was no actual war. The commentator also pointed out that this "you" lost the war, so I think it was directed at Russians who are the main population of the former USSR, this is also wrong because as earlier said, the USSR is non existing and therefore this "you" can not be represented as a inhabitant of the USSR and therefore not a loser of the cold war. I just wanted to point out the mistakes of the comment.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Profile WWW

Delta_07 wrote:
I persent the worlds most deadly special forces: the Spetsnaz.
Not much else to say other than they come with 5 weapons:
-The AK-74u
-The AK-101
-The AK-105
-The RPK-74
-The SVD
Also, all the sounds are from Battlefield 2 and Special Forces expansion

My version based of the heavy helmet based on this http://www.niistali.ru/images/pic/product/shlem_03.jpg

Changed to a mouthless skimask. Also added a chinstrap to the light helmet.

Body armor is already good on the heavy.

Also, you should remove the jetpack and make them jump, like the KMF recruit from the kloveska army mod by No_One. That'd be sweet! Maybe one day we'll recreate the backflip hatchet attack.

Oh and also, I need to work on a sniper actor now :p

Attachments:
[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]
Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:49 pm

Very nice, I wish I could sprite...
Anyway, I made a slight modification to the blast shield to look like the helmet I was trying to make (see pictures)

http://www.redsoldier.info/forum/3.JPG

http://www.rms3d.com/images/Chechnya/IMG_2275.jpg

sorry, couldn't get any good ones
Also, Check this out:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/11/Spetsnaz.jpg

I'll post updated version later.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:29 am

But...Call of Duty 4 says the Spetsnaz are terrorists.

D=

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:12 am
Profile WWW

Garland wrote:
But...Call of Duty 4 says the Spetsnaz are terrorists.

D=

WTF!!! Well CoD4 is wrong and that is meant to be propaganda.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:17 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Idle chatter will cease from this moment forth or result in a board warning for any and all members involved.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:20 am

Well I haven't done any spriting from scratch, but I have touched up a couple of things.

Your soldiers are pure ownage.

Darklone getting too close! It looks like he has huge eyes but the bottom bar is skin colored in game. Might make it a little stronger...

Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:22 am

Very nice, I'll post my SLIGHTLY modified version when I get home. I also have a new SVD sprite which I'll post.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Delta_07 wrote:
TrouserDemon wrote:
One of them has the same shape and colouring, all he did was draw on a stand.

lol, If you took the time to look at the real gun, you would see that that's what it look like.

C-tron wrote:
Also, the sprites don't look like a modern anti-terrorist unit. One of them looks like the Ironman suit Mk. I.

omfg, SPETSANZ HAVE BLAST SHIELDS ON THE HELMET LIKE THE HEAVY! Also, why should I make them look like an anti-terrorist unit if they are special forces. Also, not all anti-terrorist units look like the pathetic US ones!

I'm currently working on more weapons.

OH ♥♥♥♥ RETARD WITH A GRUDGE AGAINST THE UNITED STATES![1]

EDIT: Wait, ♥♥♥♥, necr--

[1]And yet that retard is forgetting that the US is one of the most powerful nations around, military-wise. So shut your bigass yap.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:15 am
Profile ICQ

Oni Zanders wrote:
[1]And yet that retard is forgetting that the US is one of the most powerful nations around, military-wise. So shut your bigass yap.

Please do not do this. I hate country discussions, as it all leads up to "OMG MAH COUNTRY IS SOH BETTEH TAN URS. UR COUNTRY IS STOOPID" flames. I wouldd really love if the mods could put up a "No country related mods" rule so this would never happen.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:22 am

Sixteen wrote:
Oni Zanders wrote:

Please do not do this. I hate country discussions, as it all leads up to "OMG MAH COUNTRY IS SOH BETTEH TAN URS. UR COUNTRY IS STOOPID" flames. I wouldd really love if the mods could put up a "No country related mods" rule so this would never happen.

i'm sorry but thats a terrible idea, theres nothing wrong with somebody expressing love for their country by making an army or mod for it. I actually think that mods that are realistic and take ideas from the RL military are awesome. I just think its up to the users to respect other people's beliefs, so banning a type of mod would be really bad idea.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:24 am

alaifain wrote:
I just think its up to the users to respect other people's beliefs, so banning a type of mod would be really bad idea.

Yes, but, so far, I'm not too impressed with SOME PEOPLE here. All country mods that I have seen have had this. No exception.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:41 am

Sixteen wrote:
alaifain wrote:
I just think its up to the users to respect other people's beliefs, so banning a type of mod would be really bad idea.

Yes, but, so far, I'm not too impressed with SOME PEOPLE here. All country mods that I have seen have had this. No exception.

Then maybe you should take it up with the mods, I'm sure if it's that bad they will do something about "SOME PEOPLE"

Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:59 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next