View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 New bunker modules. TREES! 

Post New bunker modules. TREES!
So, after a "Small break" on modding, i decided to finish my project, dead tree. Why hasnt anyone made them before? But anyway, here is the first of all the trees: The DEAD (Spooky) tree.

Attachments:
[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]
Trees.rte.rar [12.9 KiB]
Downloaded 663 times
Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:38 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: New bunker modules. TREES!
Looks cool, i'm downloading those :)

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:24 pm

YAY! Someone sayd something made by me looks good! This is a great moment... *Cries with happiness* Thank you very much.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
These look great and I think they'd go well with the forest scene.
But You could do with making some more variations.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 pm

It's a good idea and the sprite is nice.

I would suggest that you make the background version of the sprite a darkened version of the foreground sprite, this way when you blast the tree away you still get a darker version of the tree in the background.

That way it won't look like the top of the tree is floating when you destroy the bottom.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:39 pm

capnbubs wrote:
It's a good idea and the sprite is nice.

I would suggest that you make the background version of the sprite a darkened version of the foreground sprite, this way when you blast the tree away you still get a darker version of the tree in the background.

That way it won't look like the top of the tree is floating when you destroy the bottom.

I tried that, it looked like i hadnt destroyed anything and was pretty confusing... I just made this first tree to know that is anyone intersted, since thou are, i shalt make more trees! YAY!

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:49 pm
Profile WWW

If you can be bothered, make the background tree look like the inside of a tree.

It would be like slashing a tree in half.

Or what Capnbubs said.

The trees look good, but I'll wait for more variations before I download, mostly because I don't build bases anymore (and can't be bothered to place the trees.)

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:51 pm
Perhaps, you could make it so that when the tree is destroyed there is no mat, to make it more realistic.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Tea wrote:
Perhaps, you could make it so that when the tree is destroyed there is no mat, to make it more realistic.

And how do u do that? I have had a long break modding so i dont remember stuff...

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Leevizer wrote:
Tea wrote:

And how do u do that? I have had a long break modding so i dont remember stuff...

Would a map with no tree work?
Just a picture the size of the tree with nothing on it but that bright purple colour?

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 pm

Tea wrote:
Leevizer wrote:
Tea wrote:

Just a picture the size of the tree with nothing on it but that bright purple colour?

You could have it so it's just a stump in the background with a charred top... Charring has to be subtle so it could be believably non-charred. Also leafy trees are necessary.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Can we make it gib the explosive fruits when it breaks and modify the sprite so that it looks like it has fruit on its branches?

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:45 pm
Profile WWW

Tea wrote:
Leevizer wrote:
Tea wrote:

Just make the background piece (the one you see when it is destroyed) all pink, thus making it transparent, invisible.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:38 pm

Your trees can provide high-ground, sustain heavy weaponry shots and ships collision, that's pixel badassery for as low as 15 Oz :)

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
I'd like to see these as pinned actors with the branches made of attachments. It could be reasonably realistic, and I think if the trunk was destroyed, the rest of the tree would go down with it.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:53 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next