View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 RoCorp Thrasher 

Post RoCorp Thrasher
Well here they are, they brand new RoCorp. Thrashers I-III. The thrashers are RoCorp designed dreadnoughts designed for various situations.
Theres the All-Arounder - Thrasher I
Theres the Sniper - Thrasher II
Theres the Heavy Arms Unit - Thrasher III
Theres the Mini-Barrage Unit - Thrasher IV

The Thrasher I is armed with an automatic rifle with a clip of 80 rounds.
The Thrasher II is armed with a Sniper Rifle with a clip of 30 rounds.
The Thrasher III is armed with a powerfully Flak Cannon with 15 rounds.
The thrasher IV is armed with a Stinger Cannon that shoots small explosive rounds that explode on impact.

ONTO THE GIFS!!!!!!!

P.S.> The Thrasher II's sniper rifle was modified after the GIF image was created . I'm just too lazy right now to make a GIF of it. Also, all four Thrashers have been put into one RTE folder.

Attachments:
[The extension gif has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]
Thrasher.rte.rar [107.84 KiB]
Downloaded 566 times

Last edited by fyher on Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Post Re: RoCorp Thrasher
Dreadnought resprites they may be, but they're very nice looking ones.

No DL, because I don't use dreadnoughts, but good work.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:22 pm

I like the style of the sprites although they are only slightly altered; nice first mod?

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:23 pm
Profile WWW

This seems like a nice solid start.

With your next mod try to be a little more ambitious, a grenade launcher instead of a flak cannon for instance.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:23 pm

ya capnbubs, im working and the ultimate thrasher which will have a big missile type launcher thats gunna launch like 15 missile into the air, then theyre gunna ark and hit the ground and go BOOM!!!!! i just need sum help to get them to explode on impact, any ideas?

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:44 pm

To make things explode on impact, give them a low gib impulse limit and then use the gibs as the explosive.

There are quite a few mods that use this if you want to see how it's done, just have a look through the mods for something that does something similar to what your trying to do, and see how they did it.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:55 pm

k thanks :grin:

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:31 pm

1, 2, and 3 are all the same, just with a different weapon. Regular, some rifle thing, and a flak cannon.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:45 am

Sixteen wrote:
1, 2, and 3 are all the same, just with a different weapon. Regular, some rifle thing, and a flak cannon.

ya but since you cant pick up different weapons with dreadnoughts (no arms) i hafta give them these weapons so they can do different things.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:04 am

one rte to rule them all, one rte to find them,
one rte to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

C-tron, please don't spam. If you're going to post something like this, please make it have some relevance to the topic. ~Crayola, Skin Flesh
EDIT: Never mind, thanks for clearing that up for me. In the future, make your posts a little more specific, like the one you have below :P.

Dear sir,
Would you be kind enough to post all of your mods into one (1) rte? Thank you in advance for your possible compliance, I appreciate the time you invest in reading my response.

With due regards,

Jose Antonio Fabian Alvarez
Also know as C-tron in this forum, avatarless.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:08 am

C-tron wrote:
one rte to rule them all, one rte to find them,
one rte to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Lol good one, soooo sigged.

EDIT: hey mod, Ctron's post did have some relevance to the topic, he was pointing out that this mod should be in one .rte, not three.
Same goes for you. If someone goes off topic, don't go with them. Or, in this case, don't go off topic. ~Crayola, Skin Flesh

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:27 am

Dear persistent and concerned mod:
A mod is usually referred to as a file or group of files that modify an original game.
Discussing/advising about the files or how they are grouped should be permitted in a forum made to comment on mods.

Dear User,

Please read in an upward direction. As in two posts above you. Ignorance is no excuse for making posts that contain content that has nothing to do with the topic.

Also, please take the time to read the new Mods and Scenes forum rules that have been posted. This part of your message belongs in a PM to any mod (which will be dealt with by the appropriate mod/mods/administrative figures), and the only reason I do the editing that I do is to show people examples of what NOT to do (as all mods do). This is an example of what NOT to do.

If you really must know, the post was reported by a user as off-topic, and without reading between the lines, it seems to be just unnecessary spam (looks to be quickly typed and a pop. culture reference, which are often used in spam posts). There is nothing wrong with making clear the intentions of your post and is probably better for you in the long run.

In short, if you make a joke, make sure you make clear the literal meaning as well if there's any question as to if it will look like spam to mods and other users as well.

Hope this answers your question,
Skin Flesh

If you can prove to me that a mod is not a group of files, I will remain silent.

On topic:
Nice resprites and good first mod. I agree something with more power would be good, and perhaps some gif's that better show the weapons and their uses (though not much explanation is needed for basic weapons, everybody loves a good gif :) )

Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:08 am

Look pretty cool, but the rifle clearly isn't powerful enough, and you really should have done something with the flak cannon.

Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:51 am

Yo winterous, as i said in the OP, the thrasher II's weapon was modified for more power, i noticed that in the GIF that it was a bit less powerfully so i gave it more power . And to C-tron, im going to put them all in one RTE once i finish the ThrasherIV, it's almost done so don't get ur panties into a knot!

Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Oh, ok.
Well keep going, they look good.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:33 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next