View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 5/3/08
Winterous wrote:
Couldn't you just change the standpath?

Unfortunately the idlepath is only set for one leg and then copied for both, so the foreground/background legs have to be in the same place. I tried to work out a way of doing that a long time ago but it's just not possible at the moment. Maybe in build 21 :)

Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 pm

capnbubs wrote:
Winterous wrote:
Couldn't you just change the standpath?

Unfortunately the idlepath is only set for one leg and then copied for both, so the foreground/background legs have to be in the same place. I tried to work out a way of doing that a long time ago but it's just not possible at the moment. Maybe in build 21 :)

Yep, I tried to do that myself. I tried both setting some position variables different in each leg, and also just spriting the legs to make them look like they're apart. The issues arose in the placement of the feet, which like to follow the same path no matter what the legs look like, and the fact that the legs would move really weird when walking/running. So, I gave up.

I also wish I could make the arms move around too, when the actor isn't firing, or not holding a weapon. They would have to move independently too though.

Wed May 21, 2008 1:59 pm
Profile YIM

Exalion wrote:
THOSE SPRITES!
THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!
Finally, the Darklones look as sexy as the CRobos. Poor AAL, it's become the ugliest faction, and it has brilliant sprites!

top work, can't wait for release!!

Note to self: Fix ugly.

Wed May 21, 2008 2:51 pm
Darlos9D wrote:
So here guys, here's a pic of the completed Standard DK:

They look like a blue shadow the hedgehog.
But still looking awesome and sleek.

@Numgun: I don't think they're ugly.

Wed May 21, 2008 4:14 pm

He looks like a robot hedgehog zombie.

THAT'S A GOOD THING.

Wed May 21, 2008 4:58 pm

numgun wrote:
Exalion wrote:
THOSE SPRITES!
THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!
Finally, the Darklones look as sexy as the CRobos. Poor AAL, it's become the ugliest faction, and it has brilliant sprites!

top work, can't wait for release!!

Note to self: Fix ugly.

My only complaint with your stuff is that your actors tend to have arms and legs that don't really bend much, if at all. The MPAM and the Marine both look kinda akward when they walk, because their legs stay perfectly straight and just rotate around the hips.

The sprites themselves seem fine though, last time I checked.

Wed May 21, 2008 5:27 pm
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
My only complaint with your stuff is that your actors tend to have arms and legs that don't really bend much, if at all. The MPAM and the Marine both look kinda akward when they walk, because their legs stay perfectly straight and just rotate around the hips.

The sprites themselves seem fine though, last time I checked.

Not sure about the MPAM part, but the marine has the legs like that because I seriously hate spriting stuff thats supposed to bend, I thank No_0ne for his awesome straight leg concept since thats where I took my inspiration from. Also do note that the marine is in a metallic mobile armor suit so dont expect those legs to bend too much and the same goes for MPAM in this case.

Although my sprites are good, I could still update the shading and possible detail. Atleast I will make the shoulders on the marine seperate attachables.

Wed May 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Tea wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:
So here guys, here's a pic of the completed Standard DK:

They look like a blue shadow the hedgehog.
But still looking awesome and sleek.

@Numgun: I don't think they're ugly.

Nuh uh, I imagine them being more like... "Grrr! Get those pesky Ninja Turtles!"

Fri May 23, 2008 4:24 am

hey Numgun, that was worded poorly, your sprites are great, but you need to improve them more so to compete with Darlos, let alone capnbubs!

Fri May 23, 2008 10:03 am

Exalion wrote:
hey Numgun, that was worded poorly, your sprites are great, but you need to improve them more so to compete with Darlos, let alone capnbubs!

Grr... I WILL be considered equal to bubs! Just wait till the next build. I plan to make my stuff fudgewin through excellent animation (cool looking stances, arms that move with legs, intricate reloading, etc).

Fri May 23, 2008 6:52 pm
Profile YIM

good luck, friend.

Fri May 23, 2008 6:53 pm
Looking forward to it.
Will the new Dklones be released before next build or are you holding them back to have them perfect.

Fri May 23, 2008 7:14 pm

Tea wrote:
you holding them back to have them perfect.

I'm guessing he does that.

Fri May 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Darlos9D wrote:
Exalion wrote:

Grr... I WILL be considered equal to bubs! Just wait till the next build. I plan to make my stuff fudgewin through excellent animation (cool looking stances, arms that move with legs, intricate reloading, etc).

Why try to be equal with anyone if you could be... better? >: 3
Btw I like your challenge-thirsty mind, lets see if I will beat all of you at once!

Fri May 23, 2008 8:48 pm

numgun wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:

Why try to be equal with anyone if you could be... better? >: 3
Btw I like your challenge-thirsty mind, lets see if I will beat all of you at once!

Looks like I better step it up a notch before I get overtaken! :grin:

Fri May 23, 2008 10:10 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next