View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 -Alteisen Arsenal Labs- ))AAL Product [Under work] 

Post can u get these mods to work for the mac?
please? and can u also explain how i get the mods to work?

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:08 am

Post Re: -Alteisen Arsenal Labs- ))AAL Product [Under work]
about crab limbpaths: if you apply enough force and have a large enough footgroup, they actually arent too bad to work with. make sure you have a good startsegcount area to get up hills, but if you could keep it afloat with emitters not invisifeet that would be supercool. just make the invisifeet brush the ground to push it along, and pull it up hills..

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 am
Profile WWW

The biggest problems I had with the hover drone was that making enough particles for it to be stable left most of them dissipating into the air, and lifting anything heavy gibs nearby actors... but hovering a rather big tank would lessen that, since there'd be a much bigger "collecting surface", and it would make sense that a hovering force large enough to lift a multiton tank would crush anything under/directly nearby.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:07 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

3POK_PHALE wrote:
SOLACE. 'TWAS EPIC.

back to topic.

so... how 'bout that novacannon?

Last time I checked his is done with it, and it's little mini-me's.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:35 am

Solace wrote:
The biggest problems I had with the hover drone was that making enough particles for it to be stable left most of them dissipating into the air, and lifting anything heavy gibs nearby actors... but hovering a rather big tank would lessen that, since there'd be a much bigger "collecting surface", and it would make sense that a hovering force large enough to lift a multiton tank would crush anything under/directly nearby.

ever heard of mostly using hitsmos = 0 particles? then just a few intentionally damaging particles for goodness :)

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:29 am
Profile WWW

Uuuh... for the ones shooting down yeah, but the recoil is just the same as giving it a lower global accel scalar (something I also recommend for hover things). Making it hover based on the ground means firing down stuff that gibs into something that pushes the tank upward, so the tank stops hovering when it's above the altitude that the particles can reach the ground in their lifetime.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:01 am

i suppose, however if you use hitsmos = 0 particles for the base, and then (obviously) hitsmos = 1 for the updraft, going over clones ends with them getting holes punched into them from the underside, which is a cool effect to say the least. eh, i dont really care, as long as the floating effect looks cool and works the way your brain would expect it to.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 am
Profile WWW

numgun wrote:
No I just like the sound of it.

You can just call the gun a Linear cannon or something. If it shoots lasers, a "Linear Electromagnetically Stimulated Photonic Cannon", if it shoots slugs then just call it a "Linear Acceleration Cannon".... easy. Or you can do the same with the engines. Or even the powerplant, say it's a "Linear Refractive Hyper-Reflective Particle Reactor"....

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:31 am
Profile WWW

or it could just be a name for the tank he wants to use :)

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 am
Profile WWW

My vote is
LPA
Linear Particle Accelerator.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:39 am
Profile WWW

just make a good looking orange lazer with decent dissapation effects (i'd like some plasma to remain from where the air was ionised, only quickly though). or make your own weapon like a normal person.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:44 am
Profile WWW

-_-"
If you read the post I was quoting you would understand that he was referring to his "Linear Tank". I was merely providing ideas to justify its designation to silence those that don't follow or understand "The Awesome Rule". The rule is thus: If it's awesome it doesn't have to make sense.
Examples: Mecha. Humanoid is a most impracticle shape for an attack vehicle. Does it make sense? No. Is it awesome? Yes. Therefore nobody may complain about easily broken mecha limbs or the fact that the weapons would fit so much easier in a fighter jet shaped pod.
Example 2: Metalstorm weapons. Who cares if 1m rounds a minute is stupid, that doesn't make it any less awesome....

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:57 am
Profile WWW

The cannon on the tank is pretty much a like a regular modern tank cannon; A powerful high velocity thing. In this case, a thermal energy charge that AAL uses so commonly in the new stuff.

Its pretty too, and the explosion is balanced and very cute.

I think I found what my problem was, the center offset of the crab was higher than where the legs are. This probably messed up the balance I think. Right now my tank likes to stand diagonally, stuck in the same position without returning to normal balance.

After looking through several ACrabs by others, I noticed that the legs are alligned close to the vertical center of the sprite or even slightly above.
I dont know how this crap works, but I think it'll solve the problem.

Besides that, I'm pretty much stuck without being able to continue working on this mod nor official content since my computer got taken away. Not sure if I get it back this week, but If I do, awesome. If not, I'll be stuck visiting library computers for now. Wish me luck. x )

In any case, this mod is very close to be ready for the first release.
I'll list down the stuff that remains:
-Get the tank "walk" properly
-Add jet emitters on tank's hover thrusters
-Tweak the pilot's rifle to be a bit more faster and weaker
-Add gib effects to the tank
-Make a few premade bunkers using AAL content that you can use in skirmish.(No missions yet though, I'll get to that when the later builds allow a little more wider editing like a whole new campaign and world map ect.)
-Thorough testing of all items of the mod and possible minor tweaking for that
-Skirmish gameplay test
-Write and get pictures and banners for the release post

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:55 pm
Banned

Sweet, this is turning into another DSTech. You should build some basic defense turrets as well.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:11 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Bladecat4 wrote:
Sweet, this is turning into another DSTech. You should build some basic defense turrets as well.

This isn't the larger than your computer screen scroll-fest, with overpowered and poorly made weapons!

He does have basic turrets, he has artillery turrets, hell, he has laser defense shields!

And num, it's called a center of gravity/weight.

Here are you're turrets ( small ones ) , here is your artillery ( big one ) , the Brain ( the Black Orb surrounded by a force field which are powered by those things that are sticking out ) , Blast Doors ( need I say ) , the laser defense fields ( next to the shield generators for the brain. ) .

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next