View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 -Alteisen Arsenal Labs- ))AAL Product [Under work] 

Post Re: -Alteisen Arsenal Labs- ))AAL Product [Under work]
Geti wrote:
should i even ask what caused the crazy module damage in the bottom left?

Thats no damage, that small vertical shaft was designed for the wide laser that comes from the special defence system which you can use to obliterate enemies on demand. I'm currently drawing some designing on a few bunker designs so I could give a good example how you're supposed to use them.

@Exalion: Thanks for reminding, I'll run a few test matches with me using only vanilla content against AAL in a large and small bunkers.
I've only done this once before and it was rather scary. A single gunner marine jetpack'd into the hangar of my base and from there he took out all 8 heavily armed dummies just like that. And all that happened in the first 1 minute of the match. After that I killed the bastard and kept defending the base by buying a coalition heavy with powerful coalition weapons, although I kept buying like atleast 30 of them since most of them just didnt last long before a marine got in my brain vault. D :

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:02 am

Speaking of the defense system, would you be able to use Lua zones to create the reflective blocks effect? I think you mentioned that before.... but then it will get slowly ridiculous as you get more mirrors and make it so that the only safe zones in your base are behind heavy blast doored rooms full of turrets....
Something else that would be nice would be a thin lid to cover the shaft so that you can let an enemy walk right over or underneath or up to your defense system the first time.
Also, can you explain the defense system? If I guess right it's a static actor, with either a special hdfirearm combined with an inability to aim anywhere except one direction or a special jetpack....

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:20 am
Profile WWW

*sigh* I wish I could draw a picture, but I cant do that right now, so I'll just explain it in words:

Its called the Thermal Grid System.

Its original idea was an emitter that fires a reflectable light that you could bounce around your base using the science of optics. If you remember physics lessons at school, they probably told you about light and showed what cool stuff it can do with mirrors, lasers, prisms and so on.

So you could make a whole crazy maze of mirrors and stuff with which you could instantly blast a laser through, killing effectively any invaders inside the base.
There were other uses for this too, like deadly barriers.

I had mirrors and other cool things, but the deflecting part got f'd by CC's physics.
Might be also that I didnt fiddle with those enough since I was pretty short on time for long session testings.

So I just decided to make it fire straight in 4 directions. It limits it slightly, but its still very functional and effective when placed right.

The emitter is an ACRocket and has 4 laser emitter that fire a nice wide beam in all general directions. You must select it in order to fire it, so it aint automatic.
You can, however, set it to fire upwards with a special setting and it can work as an antiair barrier or something like that.

To prevent the laser from eating your base or simply limiting how far it can go, there are "absorber blocks" that counter the laser and suck it in.

When thinking of placing a TGS in your base, you should first carefully plan where you want it to fire and not forget to put absorber blocks where they are needed.

The emitter works also as a storage crate so you can load stuff inside it.

This system makes the bunker very secure and dangerous.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Speaking of ARockets, did Data fix the rocket scuttling in mid air yet?

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:45 pm

could we get a gif of how deadly the beams are?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:09 am

Look at the gun on the DSTech brain... The particles it fires seem to reflect very well, I have managed to set up a laser deflection like you are talking about.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:50 am

Post Sure it would only work from 1 direction, but....
For reflectors, couldn't you make the entry wound on a reflector an emitter
that emits laser beams at a 90 degree angle to the angle of incidence using
that code that makes Dropship thrusters point down?

And seriously, you've done all this work, and you haven't released anything?
You're almost as bad as Data, taunting us with your flashy bunker modules and whatnot...

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:33 am
Profile WWW

cough, the code that makes the dropship engines shoot down is emittedangle = matrix blah blah. you might be able to do something really hacky, but you'd have to shoot a beam in 2 directions, and also the reflectors would be invincible.
and yeah, nummy is good at that. tease tease tease tease. we still dont have BW =.=

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:27 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Sure it would only work from 1 direction, but....
zalo wrote:
For reflectors, couldn't you make the entry wound on a reflector an emitter
that emits laser beams at a 90 degree angle to the angle of incidence using
that code that makes Dropship thrusters point down?

Wouldn't that make it so if you shot it with a pistol it would shoot lasers?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:05 am

Yes, it would. Would you be able to do it with Lua? Is it pssoible to add zones with base modules? Because then you could have a zone that automatically eradicates the lasers and emits them in the other direction... possibly...
Also, I just threw together a base design in notepad. It's facing the wrong direction, just imagine it with the brain at bottom right at base entrance top left. You could basically have long corridoors by placing doors strategically causing invaders to get screwed over. The most efficient usage of the blocks would be in the middle of a base, utilising all four sides....
Also, can the beams cross safely?

Attachments:
TGS Base Design.txt [308 Bytes]
Downloaded 638 times
Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:43 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Sure it would only work from 1 direction, but....
Siric wrote:
Wouldn't that make it so if you shot it with a pistol it would shoot lasers?

Not if you made the reflector strong enough to be only penetrated by lasers ;)

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile WWW

it would be invincible though, besides maybe through gibbing, so what good would that do? also Lua can be bound to bunkermodules yet, sadly. that would be ideal, wouldnt it?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:34 pm
Profile WWW

It's been released, so I'm guessing this thread is now obsolete and redundant, and will be locked shortly.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:17 am

More like left alone. It still has a whole other mod in it even though its old, unbalanced and half-broken.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:19 am

And the fact that most of its content is contained in the newer, except with better graphics and balanced.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:39 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next