View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 72  Next
 -Alteisen Arsenal Labs- ))AAL Product [Under work] 

Post Re: -Alteisen Arsenal Labs- ))AAL Product
haha, ive allways loved yer stuff Num ..... but now .... i can own with my own army of (Obviously Starcraft Inspired) Armored Super Marines

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

REdFlameZero wrote:
haha, ive allways loved yer stuff Num ..... but now .... i can own with my own army of (Obviously Starcraft Inspired) Armored Super Marines

THATs what they look like. Thanks for pointing it out. It's been bugging me.

You'd think I would have noticed considering how much I've been playing SC recently.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:30 am
Profile YIM

Someone mentioned the fact that they are pretty obviously terran marine tributes.
pretty awesome mod, but I still think the visor on the marines is ugly. you can do better numgun, just check out the boltrifle. that thing is awesome!

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:26 am

:shock: *orgasm* :shock: is it me or did the b19 and 18 instagib gun PUSH the object very far across the screen? i think i like the old instagib guns better. BTW i love you.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:29 am
Profile WWW

dapaperboy wrote:
:shock: *orgasm* :shock: is it me or did the b19 and 18 instagib gun PUSH the object very far across the screen? i think i like the old instagib guns better. BTW i love you.

That was because the old rockets didn't explode.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:40 am

Darlos9D wrote:
REdFlameZero wrote:

You'd think I would have noticed considering how much I've been playing SC recently.

Yeah, theyre inspired of the Terran Marines from starcraft 2, I used the concept art I found of them as the base. And btw I did notice that the Marines are stronger than MPAMs in some wierd way. Maybe its the MPAMs exposed head that makes it more vulnurable or something since the marine's head is hidden under the torso.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:05 am

It is???
Wow.

I think the arms are too far apart though, it makes holding a pistol look retarded.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 am

But it looks kickass when you aim the pistol up as a marine, just try it.
Oh, and btw, numgun, what happened to that SMG that came with the bomb pack? You know, that one that the assault bomb-zombies used?

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Tendrop wrote:
But it looks kickass when you aim the pistol up as a marine, just try it.
Oh, and btw, numgun, what happened to that SMG that came with the bomb pack? You know, that one that the assault bomb-zombies used?

I made that as "assault clone-only" weapon, it didnt quite suit AAL anyways.
Same goes for the saw.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:57 pm

The stake gun could use some work. If you shoot downward at an enemy it's less of a stake and more of a 2x4 gun.

The pieces also disappear once they hit a body. Making them crystal stakes or whatever could make that seem more intended.

Also, I kind of wish that once the stakes were stuck into a wall that they could be stepped on to make an impromptu ladder of a sort. Seems like that would be fun.

The rest is crazy good though.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:39 pm

numgun wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:
REdFlameZero wrote:

Yeah, theyre inspired of the Terran Marines from starcraft 2, I used the concept art I found of them as the base. And btw I did notice that the Marines are stronger than MPAMs in some wierd way. Maybe its the MPAMs exposed head that makes it more vulnurable or something since the marine's head is hidden under the torso.

Well, both units are pretty resistant to bullets, so its not a matter of armor or body parts being not tough enough. The problem comes more from large forces or explosions. The marines can take about anything, wheras many large explosives will vaporize the MPAM. I think you need to make the joint strengths higher on the MPAM... as well as maybe lower on the Marine.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:32 pm
Profile YIM

Leonidas wrote:
The stake gun could use some work. If you shoot downward at an enemy it's less of a stake and more of a 2x4 gun.

The pieces also disappear once they hit a body. Making them crystal stakes or whatever could make that seem more intended.

Also, I kind of wish that once the stakes were stuck into a wall that they could be stepped on to make an impromptu ladder of a sort. Seems like that would be fun.

The first 2 things you mention are, as far as I know, impossible to fix.

And the 3rd thing can be done, it's just quite difficult to get the spacing right.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Leonidas wrote:

The rest is crazy good though.

Yeah, directional projectile stakes arent possible, and the part that the stake dissappears into the body is intended because impaling actors properly into a surface is very difficult and probably even impossible. Infact that was the primary purpose of this mod while I was doing it.

Also the stair thing btw, good that you pointed out this Leonidas, I went to check it out and I notice that the code was completely inappropriate to what it was. In the previous build, the ladder building worked fine even with the current settings.

I changed them to the right values and tried it out, and it works again, but you have to be somewhat more precise when placing the stakes. The proper distance per each stake on the wall is about 1.5-3 millimeters.

Anyone wants the hotfix? Just the updated .ini that you can overwrite by putting it into the right place?

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 pm

The Assault bomb is AMAZING - I love unleashing them on my brother on 2 player!!!!

Also supreme sprites!!!

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:50 pm
Profile WWW

The space marine's shoulder/jetpack things are kind of awkward.
You should make a "light" version of them.
You know, like the size of the pilot but black and orange color scheme. Maybe as beefy as the Medium Darklone?

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:45 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 72  Next