View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Widowmaker - Version 2.1 

Post Re: Widowmaker
The breath attack isn't designed as a real attack, this thing is a siege weapon. Like the ladder of olden years.

It goes in, digs a hole, troops enter through the hole, the end.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Sprite might not match perfectly but it seems more so than your previous mods. Also epic. Alot of epic. Bravo.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:12 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Godly win, in terms of visuals. But all crabs are clumsy, it's their naytcha. And this is no exception. Quite fun, and a gorgeous weapon that would strike moisture into the pants of the enemy, but very clumsy.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:52 pm

I'd assume that having big legs would make it more useful than the normal teeny-weeny legs of the dreadnaught and such.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:59 pm

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Godly win, in terms of visuals. But all crabs are clumsy, it's their naytcha. And this is no exception. Quite fun, and a gorgeous weapon that would strike moisture into the pants of the enemy, but very clumsy.

Whoa dude, that's a bit low for you, I mean really.

Anyway great mod I love jumping above dropsips and making them feel the pain of my venom.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm

WHAOW F**K ME SIDEWAYS AND CALL ME GEORGE THATS FUDGE GRAVY AWESOME!!!!!keep up the controversial sprites they're fkin amazing. i lovelovelovelove it like a fat guy loves cream pie. great mod keep em coming.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:31 pm

Odd. All of your mods give me an RTE abort, looking for a "null" object in base.rte/devices.

I believe that I can modify your code to make it work (point to the included null sprite rather than the base one), but it's strange that it does not work out of the box.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Find null.bmp, copy it and paste it in base.rte/devices.

DURRR....

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm

wow, like all of your other mods, instant DL. I just love the sprites!

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:31 pm

hey guys. i appreciate all the compliments, thanks for playing!

there's a few good objections here. let's see if i can address them.

metalchao - yep. it has terrible handling. this is partly because of the way crabs work, mostly because of my strange limbpaths. i was thinking i'd just call it a feature--don't want it to be too uber. i see now that that was a cop-out on my part. and i used to have the weapon able to penetrate far down into the bunker, but i didn't want it to be able to kill the brain straight off. i'll see if i can get it to handle bumps better for version 2; i've got some ideas about what's wrong now. thank you very much for the comment.

electroclan - ah, damn. i forgot to add mass to the legs after i made them. thanks for the heads-up, i'll modify him to be able to squish guys easier. i hope adding mass doesn't compound the aforementioned terrain-sticking problem. eh, i'll figure something out. also, i don't want it to be too durable. i want him to be competing with the vanilla content, not uber mods--so getting killed by smg fire is fine. i've tested him by making a scene and putting him under the fire of a few dreadnaughts and he holds up about the amount of time i'd like him to. as for the explosion sprite--i wanted it to be a stationary effect, but when i add PinStrength to an animated MOSParticle, the animation freezes... so i tried to tweak its physics to make it move around as little as possible. lame fix. is there a way to do this?

mooseral - oh, fie. really? i thought i got rid of all the references to the obsolete null in this one... now that i go back and check real quick, i see that some snuck in. sorry man, i'll get those fixed in version 2.0. until then, you can use the copy trick that bbbzzz234 mentioned. man, i can't believe i goofed on that again.

so far, my checklist for version 2.0:
kill off obsolete null references
-improve limpath, increase footsize, find a way to handle better
-increase life of particles for weapon a small bit
-make legs more massive/sharper
-perhaps increase GibWoundLimit of armor attachables a wee bit
-since this is technically a giant enemy crab, add weak point for massive damage.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

WIDOWMAKER...

@_@ Awesome :D

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:07 pm

looks great!!

Oh and if you get a limbpath that actually makes it move like a crab and not a three legged centipede Then please try it out on the normal crab, and if that works well the send it to DATA ASAP!!

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 pm

godly explosion, amazing sprites (even they don't exactly 'fit' with CC), rotating eyes, and giant Crab = Epic Mod = Win.
Dl'd
P.S.-is it called widowmaker because it eliminates soldiers at a high pace, hence making their wives into widows, or is it because it looks like a spider?

Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:09 am

Personally : You make the most epic sprites I have ever seen. Every mod you make looks godly. The pictures for your mods alone get my download, and I don't even bother to read how they work, just to get them into the game. Great job man

Critic: The "Widowmaker" has horrible handling, to which end people have already said. The jump jet's limitations and sheer power only increase the frustration of moving it over hills and valleys, and not only is the weapon's use incredibly limited, I have had cases where the Widowmaker actually kills itself because of it. Until the maneuvering and weapon issues are addressed, it's just a 350 gold-cost epic bomb.

Potential. It's all there, man. And I know you can make it happen :)

God speed.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:48 am
Profile YIM

3 solid wrote:
The breath attack isn't designed as a real attack, this thing is a siege weapon. Like the ladder of olden years.

It goes in, digs a hole, troops enter through the hole, the end.

Or rather, it goes in, digs a hole, explodes in a nice blast, troops enter the craterish hole, the end.

As for the weapon not being uber, perhaps it could be a slower digging thing? Perhaps medium digger strength or some such, but with much longer range.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:11 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next