View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:28 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Spartan Rocket - finished 

Post Re: Spartan Rocket - WIP
Make your mods into a pack, and start a race.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Sixteen - yeah, but as i said i don't believe it's affected by the impulse relative to a parent body. at least it hasn't been in my experiments. there's gotta be a way to do it, though. edit: i forgot about JointStrength/JointStiffness. d'oh! with these, it's feasible.

DSMK2 - gonna do that some day :)

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:06 pm
Profile WWW

Today is the day my friend!
And systmh, if you dont mind me asking, how old are you?

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:34 am

Found a problem, somtimes when it lands on sand it topples sideways, drops its load and then tears it in two with its central gib. Not a nice site when the load is some guy with a ton of bombs.
otherwise its a good mod as i said before.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:32 pm

you shoud make two huge spike lunge out from the sides when you open the hatch. but make them high enough so that they don't impale the cargo.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:16 am

progress. i think i've got an idea for what to do with it. added some custom pyrotechnics (it catches fire and smolders on the battlefield for a while now when you crash it) and some new sound effects. gonna make it a little less tall and give it a special feature that should be handy for delivering into enemy territory. then i'll upload.
Attachment:
[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

zacness - i'm 20, like it says it my profile. most useless age to be here in the states. i'll make a faction (or something) once i get enough mods scrapped together to play a game with--as it stands, i still don't have any normal actors who can walk around inside bunkers. :-( gotta work on that.

genetic - do you mean really deep sand? i can land it in sand alright, even on AI. i think it's just generally a bad idea to land a rocket on such a soft surface anyway. invites calamity. thanks for letting me know--might up the thrust on its side thrusters a bit. that would probably help.

casey - you gave me an idea i might end up using. not spikes, but perhaps el fuego instead. i think i like this one; i didn't wanna make it too high-explosive or some sort of doomsday device that just smeared off the surface of the battlefield. gotta have a niche to fill.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:35 am
Profile WWW

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
That's a large testdump, do you run your desktop in 640x480?

Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:15 pm

Post Re: Spartan Rocket - finished
Attachment:
[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

version 1.0 now available. download on first post. features a weapon that scorches the area around the rocket just before it drops its payload.

ppiksmada - heh, nah. i scale it up unfiltered to resemble gameplay a bit more. easier to see that way.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:43 pm
Profile WWW

Hey man, I think your mods are no less than awesome. And I like what you have done with the rocket, VERY Original and pretty damn handy against the Death ai's swarms.

Although I am quite curious, whats the next mod you got in line for us? Maybe some kind of actor? Because that is all your missing.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:39 pm

he'll also need a few weapons

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:05 am

thanks guys. yeah, i'm thinking actors and weapons are definitely next.
i'm probably going to make a hierarchy of ground troops ranging from a standard AHuman actor, some others that step up in durability and price, some sort of assassin model and a medium-sized walker equipped with chainguns. oh, and some feeble cannon fodder drones that come in drolls from specialized dropships, kindof like the trade federation soldier droids from star wars. perhaps a crab unit that's normal-sized.

then i'll make a real dropship, instead of a glorified ACRocket. but i promise i won't make another craft until i've made some practical actors and weapons.
:-o
also on the list of future mods are a system of gold caches that come in crates, safes etc. that one can break open for gold, instead of digging for it. i'll do those when i finally get to bunker modules.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:32 pm
Profile WWW

Sounds good dude! Cant wait for your next release.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:31 pm

This rocket is 10 ways to awesome. This is roughly the size I think the CC rockets SHOULD be, and it even has gibs! Awesome job.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 am
Profile WWW

no offence but your sprites need to be less 3d looking... other than that (again) pretty good.
its just that you these ships coming down and if you line them up its stuff like this that stands out.
i'm not saying the sprite is bad but it doesnt seem to fit as well D:

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:53 am

Sweet jesus. @_@

This thing has some really amazing features that I've seen never before and really clever use of the muzzle flashes to make the thrusters look dynamic. I mean wow. Just wow.

The gibs... I took a look at the gibs.ini and my jaw just dropped from the amount of them. And you also did the sprite offsets for every of them, goddamn! And the actual gibbing of this rocket is VERY spectacular with all the flames and effects.

And finally the most clever thing ever: The napalm thing. Its just so awesome although it takes all the 3 charges to be set off before you can actually start deploying of your cargo. It does take forever and I noticed that you have a wierd variable on the legs I've never seen before, the WillIdle = 0. And I noticed that you removed the ExitInterval = (milliseconds/drop) from the ACRocket part.

Maybe if you remove the WillIdle or change it to 1 and add the ExitInterval code to the rocket part, it might solve the problem.

Also the huge fireball from metalslug is just pure eye candy. Simply awesome. And I really love the animation when the afterburner vents open up.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:53 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next