View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Lightsabre (Recoil Fixed) 

Post Lightsabre (Mod posted)
I have the piezo sabres. Both hands. You could look at them if you want. B20, of course.

Attachments:
File comment: I updated them from an update.
Lightsaber.rte.rar [347.3 KiB]
Downloaded 217 times
Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:38 am

Post Re: Lightsabre (Mod posted)
I have an idea, Darth Maul double bladed light saber, just make the Muzzle Offset maybe 5 - 10 pixels behind the Actual sprite, then make the life time doubled or even 2.5x the length it is now, should work as a good Double Sided, I'll try this tomorrow, too tired right now to...

Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:00 am
Profile WWW

It would kill the wielder.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:11 pm

Moving this post into Mods because it is now in beta.

Nick, please post your download in the OP as well.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:46 am

I updated the first post.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:42 am

Never mind, looked at Piezo's.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:10 am

Post Re: Lightsabre
I never liked piezo's and don't know why people think his is so good. It was hardly a lightsaber.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:23 pm

It was cool enough. Things don't need to be perfectly made in game as in real life. It's a simulation, so simulate as best you can :)

Otherwise it'd just be the laser bayonet.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:49 am

Daman wrote:
I never liked piezo's and don't know why people think his is so good. It was hardly a lightsaber.

That's what I thought, and why I made this.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 pm

I agree, they seem much more like a llightsabre and a lot less like a blue metal sword.
Seeing as the Sword Template is exactly the same but differently sprited, but this was because Piezo made the template didn't he?

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Defused wrote:
I agree, they seem much more like a llightsabre and a lot less like a blue metal sword.
Seeing as the Sword Template is exactly the same but differently sprited, but this was because Piezo made the template didn't he?

Piezo was way before there were any templates. (in other words, the sword template is a resprite of his lightsabers)

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:30 pm

NickFury666 wrote:
Well, this is a somewhat simple lightsabre. However, designs like this are uncommon, if existent at all. It shoots particles from the tip, accompanied by a muzzleflash shaped like a lightsabre beam. It's pretty much a one hit kill on everything, but very short range. It's good for a side-arm.

It aint bad. The sprite for the handle is a little too large considering the hand of the actor, but CC is a game and little abstract of course.

Gameplay-wise the sabre thrusts back too much. It can be used to propel your flights higher and longer or slow falls. I'm not sure if this aspect works for or against the jedi-weapon idea but it does make swinging the sabre in air against walls exceptionally tedious. Which I suspect was not its intended function. The beam itself lacks presence and making it a pixel wider might give it more prominence. I liek that the color can be adjusted quite easily. Going Mace Windu on somebody's ass with a purple lightsaber is fun.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Leonidas wrote:
It aint bad. The sprite for the handle is a little too large considering the hand of the actor, but CC is a game and little abstract of course.

Gameplay-wise the sabre thrusts back too much. It can be used to propel your flights higher and longer or slow falls. I'm not sure if this aspect works for or against the jedi-weapon idea but it does make swinging the sabre in air against walls exceptionally tedious. Which I suspect was not its intended function. The beam itself lacks presence and making it a pixel wider might give it more prominence. I liek that the color can be adjusted quite easily. Going Mace Windu on somebody's ass with a purple lightsaber is fun.

I fixed the recoil. Update in first post.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:15 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3