View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:10 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 FN F2000 mod 

Post FN F2000 mod
An assault rifle.

It's more powerful than a SMG, but less than an AK-47.

It's pretty fudge accurate, though.

Comes in 4 flavours:

Normal

Special Ops

Desert

FN FS2000 colours

Includes custom gibs for each one of the variations.

Also included an EGLM version.

Use with caution.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Update 1: bullets don't fly across the map and aren't overpowered anymore.
Version story:

Initial release
Update 1 - fixed bullets lifetime and power
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Note: the colour variations are disabled by default. Uncomment them in index.ini to enable them again.

Attachments:
FNF2000.rte.rar [291.06 KiB]
Downloaded 470 times

Last edited by Kurrus on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:26 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: FN F2000 mod
Hey, you know what? This is pretty good. Reminds me of the stuff I made when I first started modding here.

You say its weaker than the AK, but it actually seems to be stronger, since it goes through my clones pretty easy, even my heavies. What exactly did you do to the bullets? Does it fire more than one per shot? Also, when they loop around the stage, they can actually damage the person who fired the weapon. That's unusual for a regular MOPixel projectile. Are they MOSParticles? MOSRotatings? Do they explode?

Also, yay, Fabrique National.

Last edited by Darlos9D on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:47 pm
Profile YIM

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Neat. Keep addin slightly futuristic weapons and we could have a winner! If you're any good at coding you could give the smart grenade launcher a try. Where the round explodes right when it's near someone.

All in all The sprites are very nice, but there isn't much that says this pack is "special".

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:47 pm

ppiksmada wrote:
Neat. Keep addin slightly futuristic weapons and we could have a winner! If you're any good at coding you could give the smart grenade launcher a try. Where the round explodes right when it's near someone.

All in all The sprites are very nice, but there isn't much that says this pack is "special".

Eh, I've done it. Its not perfect, so I can understand if others may not wish to give it a shot.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:48 pm
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
Hey, you know what? This is pretty good. Reminds me of the stuff I made when I first started modding here.

You say its weaker than the AK, but it actually seems to be stronger, since it goes through my clones pretty easy, even my heavies. What exactly did you do to the bullets? Does it fire more than one per shot? Also, when they loop around the stage, they can actually damage the person who fired the weapon. That's unusual for a regular MOPixel projectile. Are they MOSParticles? MOSRotatings? Do they explode?

Also, yay, Fabrique National.

Holy ♥♥♥♥ the Darklones author posted in my topic, lol.

Anyway, yeah, I checked it and it's stronger than the AK. Code-wise, at least. The strange overpoweredness and the looping problem are caused by a high firevelocity combined with a relatively high lifetime. I've reduced them and I'll post a fix in a few minutes.

Also, I forgot to credit my friend Odellus for reminding me to release this mod.

(this was actually made around B16)

EDIT: Apparently the rate of fire makes the bullets seem even more powerful than they really were, but they still damaged stuff more.

They don't anymore :P

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 pm
Profile YIM

Winrar for meh.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Very nice nice even though I hate the F2000(P90's so much better, but let's not start a battle here). You should do one like this for the P90 as well. I've seen several P90s out there and they all sucked. Not like this one though, so I say "please redo the P90, sir/ma'am."

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Kigali wrote:
Very nice nice even though I hate the F2000(P90's so much better, but let's not start a battle here). You should do one like this for the P90 as well. I've seen several P90s out there and they all sucked. Not like this one though, so I say "please redo the P90, sir/ma'am."

Do the FAMAS and Five-seveN too, while you're at it. What else has FN made...?

Keep in mind: the FAMAS and F2000 both use standard 5.56mm rifle rounds (like the ones used in the M16 and M4). P90s and Five-seveNs use smaller, incredibly non-standard rounds that are like tiny rifle rounds. They're light, but are pointed and have rifle-like muzzle velocity, so they're effectively armor-piercing.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:39 am
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:

FN didn't make FAMAS. They did, however, make some gems like the FN SCAR and the MAG and Minimi machine guns.

Still... make a FAMAS.

Last edited by sal on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:46 am

sal wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:

FN didn't make FAMAS. They did, however, make some gems like the FM SCAR and the MAG and Minimi machine guns.

d'oooh you're right. I guess I just associate them all for some reason. I forgot about the Minimi, too...

FN products could be a nice mod in and of itself. Not sure what the actors would look like.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:02 am
Profile YIM

I made a pretty good P90 and Five-seveN, although I imagine you'd do the sprites better.
I did spend a LOT of time on the P90 sprite, I got the shape and scale just right.

Very good sprites, I'll try it out.

*edit*
Quite a nice gun, although the bullets bounce an awful lot.
Good sounds, and good offsets.

One complaint, the grenade launcher is HIDEOUSLY overpowered, and the grenade is just a stick, and not even a rotating stick.
I'd suggest making it 3X2 or 2X1 pixels,and rotating, so it doesn't look so weird flying through the air.

Once again, brilliant sprites.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:14 am

Kigali wrote:
You should do one like this for the P90 as well. [...] so I say "please redo the P90, sir/ma'am."

Darlos9D wrote:

So I liked those ideas, and since I'm too lazy to create even another mod, I got around to check out Winterous' P90 and Five-seven mod. I downloaded it and found it to be really good, although the sprites could be better. So I just resprited them. :P

Download:
Attachment:
newsprites.rar [4.11 KiB]
Downloaded 152 times

(of course, you'll need his mod, so go download it now)

On a side note, I might make the FAMAS soon if I have enough time (I'm working on another mod already).

Last edited by Kurrus on Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:29 pm
Profile YIM

Hi, I wandered into this topic and I don't want to intrude here but I made some gun pics;

Edit: Stuff removed due to sheer ugliness of the weapons when displayed in game.
Graphics have been scaled to ingame guns and are not ugly anymore. I am since working on this mod myself.

They come with their real sounds too (which are not made by me). They're for everyone to use and there's a FAMAS as well.

If you can use them, please do. :) If not, never mind my post.

Last edited by Gotcha! on Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Gotcha! wrote:
Hi, I wandered into this topic and I don't want to intrude here but I made some gun pics;
and you can download them here.
They come with their real sounds too (which are not made by me). They're for everyone to use and there's a FAMAS as well.

If you can use them, please do. :) If not, never mind my post.

Nice sprites. The FAMAS is ginormous, but some Photoshop magic will fix that.

Thanks!

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:00 pm
Profile YIM

Yup, you're right. :) Way too large. I've changed it as well. Thanks.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:25 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next