View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Amputee Technologies [WIP] 

Post Amputee Technologies [WIP]
The everlasting search for resources has produced a wide range of competing companies, each selling their own brand of shiny, mass produced, armored clones to whichever brain wanted to buy them.
This kind of situation gives opportunities for... less moral traders to do business.

Amputee technologies (Shortened to Amputech) was a business created solely for making money from this never-ending conflict. Our business plan is slightly different to those of the Pelian Army or Kloveska, whose mercenary products are cloned from existing stock. Why bother, we reasoned, using high-maintenance human bodies when they're just going to be dropped into a battlefield? And why bother equipping them with fancy, shiny Darklone armour when it's just going to be melted to scrap.
Instead, we put our emphasis on function and cost.
Our units may not be pleasing to the eye, but you'll get eight amputees for the price of a single crobotech grunt!
So without further ado, here's our product line:

From left to right:

The Amputee (Amputated Trooper) is our most basic, and currently cheapest, body.
Their insides have been stripped to the minimum and their remaining organs cybernetically augmented. Their remaining brain matter has been fixed to virtually remove the possibility of a single unit escaping your control. This also allows you to over-ride any self-preservation the body might have left, and the removal of all replaceable organic matter means that this lightweight clone can run at speeds almost double that of coalition stock.
This unit also comes in pre-armed versions, as shown below wielding the maneater pistol (Our only current firearm) (far right)

The Reinforced Amputee is our answer to test complaints that the Basic Amputee is too lightweight.
Plated in recycled steel body armour, it isn't as speedy as the amputee, but it's definitely much stronger and longer-lasting.

The Aerial Amputee, is the most versatile of the amputee class.
Its armour is made of a more lightweight alloy, and it's life support systems have been moved back into the body allowing for greater mobility. Due to this, we have given it our mark two jetpack, allowing for much longer time in air.
It's head may look unprotected, but embedded steel plated remove the need for the heavy helmet the reinforced troopers have, it's actually slightly more durable and give 360 degree protection.

The Amputech Brain Guard is a superheavy amputee. (Still awaiting new sprites)
Its armour is incredibly strong, and will usually have to be knocked off using explosives (the amputech maneater pistol is quite good for this purpose, but you only get one shot). The side effect of this is that the unit is incredibly slow. It is also the most expensive unit of the amputee class.
Its purpose is to guard bunkers and brain rooms, so its mobility is not so much of a problem. It does have a jetpack but its weight is so great that it is basically useless.

Attachment:
Amputee.rte.rar

Coming up next (probably):

Psionic Amputee

In the near future (Probably):[/b]

Shrapnel Cannon
Headburster Rifle
Piranha
Orbital Tank Bombardment
Delivery Tube
Activities

[u]After that:

Mechanical Units
Cloning Vat

All the sprites (And therefore limbpaths and, to a lesser extent, offsets) are placeholders, so no comments about them please (Unless you like them 0: ).
If you're just going to say "Sprites suck, no D/L, then don't post.

Credits:

Actor Collision Code Concept- Djinn
(They can walk through each other)

Last edited by Metal Chao on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Mon May 19, 2008 5:35 pm

Post Re: Amputee Technologies [WIP]
The idea is kind of similiar to the scrap bots. But it looks interesting.

Mon May 19, 2008 5:53 pm

Oh, don't worry.
The idea is more like that there are these humanoid amputee guys and then a bunch of bigger, more expensive armoured ones.

And there'd be a bit of a price gap, so if you aren't cheating with the gold, you'd have to do some mining first before ordering the bigger armoured suits.

Mon May 19, 2008 6:37 pm

I really don't like the sprites, but it is an interesting idea.

Mon May 19, 2008 7:11 pm

Sprites are terrible. No dl from me.

Mon May 19, 2008 8:23 pm

metal chao wrote:
As I said in my concept topic (that only one person replied to ): ) I need someone to sprite these better than I can.
All the sprites (And therefore limbpaths and, to a lesser extent, offsets) are placeholders, so no comments about them please (Unless you like them 0: ).
Most of the code I'm happy with, so feel free to pick that to bits.

Maybe I should put this in size ten text so that people read it.

Mon May 19, 2008 8:49 pm

:evil: He, he... these are pretty nice! I'll download it to see what kind of punch these pack, then come right back at ya with further comments.

Now, for what I can comment on, the story of the Amputechs is very simple, but still interesting. Very nice idea! :grin: Since you said no to sprite comments, then I won't comment to tell you my opinion on them, simply give you this suggestion: Maybe you could make the amputees without legs. Only a jetpack would suffice.

But still, nice work. I hope to see tis expand more in the future.

I just downloaded it, and I tried every unit. The Amputechs are way too weak. I'd rather pay 90 bucks for a light coalition soldier, that is resistant enough to last for awhile and allow me to kill a whole bunch of ennemies, than 30 bucks for a basic Amputech that will die when submitted to not more than two smg shots, allowing me to barely kill three units. If I'm lucky.

Now for the weapon you made, that appears to be some sort of mini RPG, it isn't powerful enough to kill in one shot, and the reload time is so long that it makes almost everything come down to one opportunity. Though it IS powerful enough to kill you if you shoot too close to yourself.

Again, it's a neat idea, but you definitely need to add some armor on these units. Maybe climb the price up to 50 bucks. It's still fine. As for the gun, I'd suggest making it longer, so it can stock up to three of these explosive shotballs, and make the reload shorter. I'd also suggests making a unit that consumes itself by shooting at ennemies. It uses pieces of itself as projectiles to kill ennemies (may sound a lil stupid though.).

Great work, I'll be waiting for the rest of the mod. :D

Mon May 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Wow, this is a pretty terribly ignorant idea.

User was warned for this post

Mon May 19, 2008 10:31 pm

I think they look too much like stick figures, you should at least resprite their legs.

Tue May 20, 2008 12:09 am

metal chao wrote:
metal chao wrote:
As I said in my concept topic (that only one person replied to ): ) I need someone to sprite these better than I can.

to the post above *ahem*

Tue May 20, 2008 12:43 am

terrible sprites are terrible

focus on the sprites before you do anything else. sprites always come first.
these only differ by a slight change in the code and a few different attachments.

Tue May 20, 2008 2:45 am

bbbzzz234 wrote:
metal chao wrote:
metal chao wrote:

to the post above *ahem*

*AHEM*

All the soldiers look exactly the same. Even though the sprites aren't too perfect, you could just maybe add a tint or something to set them apart.

Tue May 20, 2008 3:13 am

sorry to flame but fix the sprites. wtf is up wit thhe black lines on the bottem of their body? they are all the same except a headband or more head armor. you should have released this as a beta or said beta int he title to reduce flaming. and i hated the scrap bots. no dl. so they cant move? im confused.

Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 am
Profile WWW

Yea, they move. And WIP is beta.

Tue May 20, 2008 6:39 am

Don't any of you spastics read the fine print?
HE SAID HIS SPRITES WERE PLACE-HOLDERS.

And my god I hate dapaperboy.

Tue May 20, 2008 6:51 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next