Data Realms Fan Forums
http://forums.datarealms.com/

Base Busters Revisited
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=11284
Page 1 of 4

Author:  Siric [ Thu May 22, 2008 7:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Base Busters Revisited

These are Broken down Rocket MK1s that are shot out of cannons from your space station.
Use the Depth Changer found in Bombs to change the Depth of the BB, Each DC should change depth by 1 Horizontal Corridor.

BB Infiltrator:
Infiltrates Bunkers and Delivers Supplies.
Image
Image
Image

BB Vaporizer:
Image
Breaks into Enemy Bases and Explodes. (many lulz come from this)
Image
Image
Image

BB Smasher:
Image
Just makes a Big hole in the base then it gibs, Same as the Vaporizer without the Kaboom.

Bugs: The Depth Changer may come out in your units inventory, Possibly Killing him. (untested) At the moment, I do not know how to fix this. If anyone could help with this bug, Please post or PM me with the solution.

Attachments:
BaseBustersII.rar [61 KiB]
Downloaded 920 times

Author:  Tea [ Thu May 22, 2008 8:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

Nice idea, is that Shook's firestorm I see?
In which case seeing as though I know nothing that can survive it, having that as an explosion would be a bad idea for the sake of dropping off actors.

Author:  Siric [ Thu May 22, 2008 8:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

Tea wrote:
Nice idea, is that Shook's firestorm I see?...

No i coded the explosion myself.
Tea wrote:
...In which case seeing as though I know nothing that can survive it, having that as an explosion would be a bad idea for the sake of dropping off actors.

What do you mean?

Author:  Roy-G-Biv [ Thu May 22, 2008 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

W00T!
More forum vetrens return!

These look fun, lots of fun.

Author:  Tea [ Thu May 22, 2008 8:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

Siric wrote:
Tea wrote:
...In which case seeing as though I know nothing that can survive it, having that as an explosion would be a bad idea for the sake of dropping off actors.

What do you mean?

Well I thought it was shook's firestorm bomb, which destroys every actor.
I somehow thought there was just one type of basebuster and that exploded, but I read it all.
Great, innovative mod, like the Diagonal ones and a GIF.
Image

Author:  Siric [ Thu May 22, 2008 9:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

Tea wrote:
Siric wrote:
Tea wrote:
...In which case seeing as though I know nothing that can survive it, having that as an explosion would be a bad idea for the sake of dropping off actors.

What do you mean?

Well I thought it was shook's firestorm bomb, which destroys every actor.
I somehow thought there was just one type of basebuster and that exploded, but I read it all.
Great, innovative mod, like the Diagonal ones and a GIF.
Image

Thanks, i am putting the gif in the First Post.

Author:  MasterCheese40 [ Fri May 23, 2008 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

nice, these look cool, DL-ing right now. an idea for the sprites, you could put some sorta drill on the front? plus I think they look too much alike.

Author:  Grif [ Fri May 23, 2008 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

Quote:
Great, innovative mod


Quote:
innovative mod


Quote:
innovative


I believe the first drop pod was made in CC build SEVEN.

Author:  mountain_dew [ Fri May 23, 2008 1:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

This is going to be useful. Cool mod! :bow:

Grif wrote:
Quote:
Great, innovative mod


Quote:
innovative mod


Quote:
innovative


I believe the first drop pod was made in CC build SEVEN.


But did it smash through bunkers and explode?

Author:  Sixteen [ Fri May 23, 2008 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

mountain_dew wrote:
This is going to be useful. Cool mod! :bow:

Grif wrote:
Quote:
Great, innovative mod


Quote:
innovative mod


Quote:
innovative


I believe the first drop pod was made in CC build SEVEN.


But did it smash through bunkers and explode?


That probably came a few days later.

Author:  Aspect [ Fri May 23, 2008 2:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

I dont have this yet so I dont care how early the idea came to existence, because it's new to me. Looks great. well done sprite and seems pretty well developed

Author:  The Decaying Soldat [ Fri May 23, 2008 3:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

Cool.

Author:  whitty [ Fri May 23, 2008 3:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

These are fun to use. Great job! :D

Author:  leadpumper12 [ Fri May 23, 2008 4:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

Indeed these are pretty fun.

Author:  Funtastic [ Fri May 23, 2008 4:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Base Busters

Grif wrote:
Quote:
Great, innovative mod


Quote:
innovative mod


Quote:
innovative


I believe the first drop pod was made in CC build SEVEN.


Grif, no one was ALIVE during build seven, that thing predates time itself.

And as for this mod.... I quite like it, it's like an extreme version of the Darklones drop pod.

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/