View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:12 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Murdock [Update - 6/12/08] 

Post Re: Murdock
when he shoots the shotgun in the gif the back of it glows, i dont know what its doing but i though it looked really cool. How come it was removed? or is that just me.

*edit* nvm, it's there, but it only is shown for 1/8th of a second, it would be cool if it was shown a bit longer.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:18 pm

I changed a couple of things in the folder and now it works a lot better for me. I added particles to the jetpack. Its particles are now 4000 per minute, which makes it, instead of just a jump, a kickass jetpack with a big startboost. I also added life to the cannon's bullets, making them infinite-ranged, and mounted the number of bullets to 12, which makes it more powerful. Oh, and I reduced the shot width by ten points or so, in order to make the bullets more concentrated and less scattered.

And since the jetpack wasn't emitting sound, I ripped a couple of sounds from the "SemiSkeli" mod and added them in there.

The result was a Murdock with a true jetpack and a kickass gun. :grin: But it was already kickass before I made those changes. :P

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:58 am

I am liking this actor.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:10 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Murdock [Update - 6/12/08]

Murdock now has an SMG, to take out anyone beyond the range of your shotgun.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 pm
Profile WWW

How do you remove the health bar above enemies?...

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:32 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

That's the Physics Test scene. It's 640 pixels wide, and you only see the health bar on actors that are on one side of the map loop point. So the loop point is right in front of him, and the clones are behind it.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:36 pm

Is there a way to remove the health bar?

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:38 pm

NeoSeeker wrote:
Is there a way to remove the health bar?

could you if you changed the fatfont?

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Haha, awesome, finally an actor that looks like an actual person. The CC guys look like midgets.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

NeoSeeker wrote:
How do you remove the health bar above enemies?...

You can set the actor's "CharHeight" to some very high number.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:44 pm
Profile WWW

Leo, 500oz of gold says that you have the 'null' error, and are too stupid to read. >:(
(I are not being mean!)

There is a file in the base.rte, its hiding, and its called null, its an image... and it causes some mods to ♥♥♥♥ out if you don't have a copy of it in the right place... read your error message and check if that is 'ze issue.

If not, go Q.Q Somewhere else, its one mod, you don't get to play with this mech. =x

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:01 pm
Profile WWW

BambikinsBrain wrote:
Leo, 500oz of gold says that you have the 'null' error, and are too stupid to read. >:(
(I are not being mean!)

There is a file in the base.rte, its hiding, and its called null, its an image... and it causes some mods to crap out if you don't have a copy of it in the right place... read your error message and check if that is 'ze issue.

If not, go Q.Q Somewhere else, its one mod, you don't get to play with this mech. =x

This mod doesn't require that the null.bmp be in the devices folder.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:22 pm
Profile WWW

I don't get any error, CC loads then immediately crashes. I've gotten the mod to work, but only after restarting the computer with the mod in my CC folder. Even then, it only works for one game. If I close CC and try to play, it crashes like it always does with this mod. It really seems like something I could see adding to my regular roster of mods, only this bizarre error keeps getting in the way.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:46 am

Leonidas wrote:
I don't get any error, CC loads then immediately crashes. I've gotten the mod to work, but only after restarting the computer with the mod in my CC folder. Even then, it only works for one game. If I close CC and try to play, it crashes like it always does with this mod. It really seems like something I could see adding to my regular roster of mods, only this bizarre error keeps getting in the way.

Try redownloading it.

Only advice I can think of.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:23 am
Profile WWW

This Little Mod is actually one of my favourites out of all of the mods on the site.

i dont know why (could be the name Murdock) but it seems to have alot of character for a Metal Robot.

I think the way it looks is full of win and i think the jump pack rocks!

a quick suggestion if you dont mind:

1) i got the impression that the emissions from the jump pack would need alot of force to propell Murdock into the air as much as it does.
He seems pretty heavy so i thought that the blast from the jump pack should be able to blow away whatever is behind him (relative to the toughness of whatever material is being hit). Akin to the Dropship thrusters though obviously not so extreme.

but yeah, Murdock is such a Damn cool unit... keep up the good work!

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:31 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next