View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 -AAL Experimental Tech- ))AAL Product [v2] 

Post Re: -AAL Experimental Tech- ))AAL Product
hang on, are you saying the spitfire doesn't lag anymore? is it different, because in the newer builds its lagged for me alot, and my computer isn't bad!

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:27 am

I have an average PC, and it doesn't lag for me too much if not at all.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:01 pm

RedSonSuperDave wrote:
Avenger seems to have a problem with the sound. It looks to me as though both barrels fire at once, but the game's trying to play two sounds at the same time, garbling both. Anybody else see this?

This is quite an unavoidable problem I'm afraid. The avenger uses a dual shot system that fires both piercing particles as the primary shot and then a set of "mini explosives" in the second payload. That means 2 shots at the same time and so the sound plays twice. I guess I could fix this by making these shot seperate and that you would have to fire them seperately rather than together. Hows that?

Next, we have the Exorcism rifles. I don't understand the concept, exactly, do these rifles fire black magic or spiritual bullets or something?

This is a remake of my veeery old experimental mod. Its main purpose is to pop heads. Literally. The gun fires 2 particles at a fast rate. One is positive mass and the other is negative, this kind of... exorsism its target and pumps up the joint with so much pressure that it explodes. Its more intended as a fun weapon and the purpose was to pop heads by shooting a clones head until it actually pops. The Mk1 was designed to do that. The Mk2 is ment for arcing over a wall and watching the [insert target here] ♥♥♥♥ up completely.

InstagibRifle: Personally I'd make the bullet that does the actual gibbing invisible, because when shooting at a moving target, sometimes the "gib bullet" goes off on a different trajectory than the laser.

This weapon is not really your standard arsenal weapon, it was designed for duels between two actors (awesome with a friend) and it functions exactly as the instagib rifle from Unreal Tournament 2004. The laser is a mere effect to make it look cool and it doesnt do anything at all. Its the red blob that moves which delivers the fatal blow. As for the bouncing part... well cant help that much, its how CC likes to do sometimes.

The "X" version of the gun was a request and just a test of uberified of the standard Instagib rifle, its a superweapon ment for messing around, not to be taken as a serious gun.

Request: In your main AAL mod, you include some small orange blocks....

Already done.

Neutron Beacon: Once in a great while, I can make it come up around the user, but this causes the victim to get bounced to death inside the shield.

Yes, this bomb was originally called the N. Shield Bomb and it is an actual shield to withstand the most heaviest attacks for a short time. Ypsilon will break it anyways, so dont try that. The bouncing part is a nasty bug and I cannot really fix it so my only advice is to try to hover in the center and move really slow within it.

This weapon also suffers from some kind of bug whereby if it's ever dropped (as opposed to deployed), such as when an actor is killed while holding it, it becomes intangible. It stays exactly where it first appears, and is not affected by gravity, collisions with objects, or bullets, as though it became part of the background.

♥♥♥♥. Well this is rather bad and I have never really experienced this since I havent really tested it that way before, I'll see what I can do on this one.

Black Nade: A blade of grass will block the black particles, let alone any small irregularity in the terrain.

Thats the nature of this bomb, although it was much more bizarre in the beginning when I redid it (originally a short area denial static cloud). The particles had a high value on their Bounce variable that made them flow anywhere around the area of detonation, but I had to remove that to a more valid value since it kept crashing my CC and saying impossible things about it.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:43 pm

RedSonSuperDave wrote:
(continued, please excuse the double post)

Same here, sorry guys.

Terrain Bomb: I think the price for this weapon is a little high considering how small the area of effect is. I'd make this bomb not affect gold, if such a thing is possible.

The reason its so high it is ment to vaporize ANY material. This can be quite abuseble in a multiplayer match or even with its power of removing so much terrain in a short time like that.

Smart Bomb: I'm not sure why this is called "smart", I'd call it a "Particle Bomb" or a "Proton Bomb" or something. Maybe I'm not using it right, but it seemed to act just like every other bomb.

Heh, this is the first bomb in the pack and the reason of the AAL Bombs was originally to supply specialized bombs for the Arwing fighter that you might have played with in the AAL faction mod. And the smart bomb infact is from starfox like the arwing. It has nothing smart about it, but the reason is just that its a tribute the smart bomb from starfox 64 videogame.
Actually I never though of making the AAL bombs when I made smart bomb, but then after making the 3 other bombs for the arwing (cluster, pierce and terrain bombs.) I thought "What if I'd make a bomb for every ♥♥♥♥ letter in the alphabet?" and so I did.

Incase youre wondering about the missing letter "J", it was the Jungle bomb that created a growing pillar of plants at a random direction. Until the recent builds where alot of engine changes were made, the jungle bomb broke and I was not able to fix it so I left it commented out. Its still there, but it doesnt work anymore. Lua might fix it, but thats a matter of time.

Vortex Nade: The "sucking" effect works fine on everything against actors, which it just instantly gibs.

Actors are made out of several parts and are prone to wierdness when it comes to negative particles. Since the power to actually be able to suck them is enough to rip them apart, I must say there is no way of actually making it suck and hold an actor within its center.

Drowner Nade: The weight doesn't seem to interact with the terrain correctly either; it looks like it's supposed to crush its way down through the dirt, but it ends up making twenty or so 1-pixel-wide tunnels with one pixel of dirt between each tunnel, sort of a "comb" effect. I also don't understand why this is called the "Drowner" when it doesn't involve any sort of fluid. It caught on fire once and didn't burn the other two times, I don't know if that's random or just buggy.

Haha, so far its only me who likes the drowner bomb. :D
Well look: The primary function of the drowner bomb is to... well.. "drown" through the terrain and crush anyone under it as it "drowns" itself down through the terrain. Never had any crashes with it but yeah, the comb effect is familiar and im pretty glad that it works like that really. Its not ment to be a digger bomb really since its just ment to phase through terrain and do its work on any unsuspecting dude below it.

For deploying it, just place it above the level of where the target is hiding and watch him getting crushed and burned by this 10000kg block of doom.

EMP Bomb: IMO this should spare flesh actors but destroy robots and cyborgs, at present it's equally deadly to everything.

If only that was possible... which unfortunately infact, its not.

Assault Bomb: One of the less conventional weapons in this pack. I'd have the assault last a few seconds longer. It causes a slight lag when it first goes off.

Its a very powerful bomb really. If you have a large army or even a zorn attacking you, throw this behind the enemy since these guys will walk the same direction as the enemy AI will and they can cause massive damage on a large amount of units along their path.

Xenon Nade: IMO the cooking period goes on a little too long.

Guess youre right, I just enjoy the evil and powerful area denial it does though. I will reduce it slightly.

Zorneus Nade: He also seems to reflect shots; whatever you hit him with he sends back times ten.

Zorneus has a special defence mechanism coded as his entry wound. The trick is to avoid shooting his body and aim for the head since that is the only part of Zorny that does not have the defence system. The system basicly spews Zorneus' dark energy at high speed when hit by a sharp particle. Heat bombs are really to used with caution since they can overcharge the system and make him shoop a nice deal of everything with the defence system.

Numgun, I'd like some detail on precisely who or what this creature is. Is he a horror from beyond the edge of the universe, War personified, a twisted experiment in black magic, or what?

When I was thinking of a bomb for the letter Z, I was listening to a track I found in a large pack of trance/techno songs. It went like this:

Out of the dark and into the light.
Night above and day at night.
We.
You.
Us.
This is...
ZORNEUS.

Yes it actually went like that. Then I got this wacky idea of a boss type unit that would rape everything else. First I though of making a really badass popular male, but then I decided to go even over that and I sprited something that was ment to so evil that you'd have nightmares about it. Then I took zalo's giant clone and added some sugar and epic. And zorneus was born.
I can upload the Zorneus song if you want. Just say.

Undead Nade: This is as useful as it is gruesome. Does this have a duration after which it runs out, or does it just keep eternally pumping out zombies? IMO the chainsaws as well as the guns from the Assault Bomb should be buyable from the weapons menu of this mod.

It lasts forever, its ment to be a nuisance for the opponent to deal with while fighting off the zombies it spews out. Ideal when planted on top of the base of the enemy.

As for the weapons to be buyable, does anyone else want these to be buyable? I disabled them that they wouldnt clutter the menu.

Knocker Nade: I don't understand what this weapon is supposed to do. Is it just to make the skies randomly hazardous, or a failed space elevator, or what?

Its ment to knock-out airborne craft hence the name "knocker".
After throwing on of these succesfully under a flying dropship, watch the knocker rocket smash it and then enjoy the fireworks.

Option Beacon: A deployable neutral Pulse Cannon useful for large area denial. The turret generates two Pulse Cannons when it's killed, is this intentional?

Will lower the sharpness on the rounds for this one. As for the 2 guns, the second one is supposed to be as a backup weapon incase the first one gets destroyed. I guess I'll remove the second gun afterall, but the point was to encourage the player to shoot at the small robot that controls the gun.

LTM1A Series: The one gripe I have is that the "vertical" and "horizontal" designations appear to be purely hypothetical. Every single time I deploy these mines, the trip lasers are at an angle.

These are a by-product from the LTM1A layer gun. It has a function that makes the gun change its ammo type when its shot at. It will gib the next gun that will fire the corresponding type of the laser trip mine.

As for these seperately buyable ones and their angles, I guess I'll disable them from the menu. They do work properly when shot from the layer gun.

Flamer Mine: Well, it's a good enough mine, but the name is misleading.

Alright, will change the name to "Ground Mine". It originally left a burning flame when it detonated, but I removed that since it slightly lagged and was rather buggy.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:32 am

[quote-"Numgun"]
When I was thinking of a bomb for the letter Z, I was listening to a track I found in a large pack of trance/techno songs. It went like this:

Out of the dark and into the light.
Night above and day at night.
We.
You.
Us.
This is...
ZORNEUS.

Yes it actually went like that. Then I got this wacky idea of a boss type unit that would rape everything else. First I though of making a really badass popular male, but then I decided to go even over that and I sprited something that was ment to so evil that you'd have nightmares about it. Then I took zalo's giant clone and added some sugar and epic. And zorneus was born.
I can upload the Zorneus song if you want. Just say.
[/quote]

???
You got the name Zorneus from a song?!
Then again, I get alot of names from lots of songs.

You should make the rambo looking guy the J-bomb, I mean, he WAS fighting in the jungles of vietnam, am I right?

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:40 am

I agree with reviewer, make those weapons buyable, along with the SUper Skeles. Just make sure you get the pricing right, the Skeles are tough buggers and they've got one awesome gun.

Also, get rid of the second pulse laser, as I keep catching both and using them with normal actors, which is cool, but in-balanced. Good Work Numgun!

And I'm also dissapointed about the jungle bomb, that was my fav...

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:28 am

Exalion wrote:
I agree with reviewer, make those weapons buyable, along with the SUper Skeles. Just make sure you get the pricing right, the Skeles are tough buggers and they've got one awesome gun.

And I'm also dissapointed about the jungle bomb, that was my fav...

Well fine then, but for the chainsaws, should I remove the blood stains from its sprite? Because I think i will, it would look a bit too dirty if you'd go ordering it from space. Also the gun is an FN F2000 and it was never really balanced for anyone else to use TBH. So if I'll enable it, its gonna be quite overpowered.

I'll what I can do with the jungle bomb, maybe it might still work somehow, not entirely sure if it will, but there might be a chance. If not though, I'll think of a replacement for it. Any ideas for the J letter?

Also you can download the Zorneus song here, just for fun.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:27 am

Zorneus, he will party with us.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 pm

I usually make them buyable, the AR-DC and such, and I did notice the strong resemblance to an F2000, but it's too small. I also make the SkeletonZOR (as what you call them) buyable, since they truly are badass and hard to kill. I tried making Distractors (assault bomb) buyable, but they have some sort of code that makes their legs constantly move, as are the ZombieL's legs.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Prod wrote:
but they have some sort of code that makes their legs constantly move, as are the ZombieL's legs.

Their standpaths is the same as their walkpaths.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Thank you for that. Now I can make an alternate version.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:51 am

I am completely awesomified by all these explosion effects. :shock:
Nice job, numgun. I am speechless.

If you don't mind, I'll look at these a lot to learn how to make similar stuff like this. :)

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:48 am

Post Re: -AAL Experimental Tech- ))AAL Product [v2]
UPDATE!

-Zorn's minions now buyable
-AR-DC remade into FN 2000 micro
-Chainsaw remastered and made buyable
-Renamed FlameMine to GroundMine
-Removed vertical and horizontal LTMs from the bombs menu
-Disabled InstagibX
-Exorsism gun repriced
-Tweaks that I'm too fat to remember

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:26 am

This is really cool but i cant find the giant lazer that is on the first page.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Its a little tricky to use. Heres how to do it(as of CC Build22):

1. You need to buy the Y Bomb first from the bombs list and deliver it to the ground.
2. Now throw the bomb and it will explode, leaving a white gun.
3. This is important: AIM DIRECTLY TO THE RIGHT when you fire the gun.
4. A marker will appear where the gun's crosshair was and overkill will commence.

And do note that the gun only lasts 15 seconds once you make it appear so make it quick when you decide to use it.

Other than that, this whole pack is quite ancient by now and lot of things are old compared to the methods we can do now. Lot of bugs and other crap, but I simply dont have time to fix or update this due to a whole bunch of other projects. Sorry for the inconvinience of wierd glitches and bugs(Like Zorneus sinking into the ground ect.).

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next