View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Taehl Bunker Tiles v1.5 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Taehl Bunker Tiles v1.4
Breakable things take the place for what shootable terrain can't do, how can you crash through a window with all that flash, shootable terrain can't do it.
What about the cushioning of landing on crate that then collapses.

And for semi-deterioratable breakable things is easy, use attachments.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:38 am

These are great. Although they are time consuming, strange/awkward layouts are fun. Like a sparta pit that only has one way out: to crawl through a tiny hole with a tiny ladder and a tiny tunnel to the brain.

Only the coalition enemies are actually any good at infiltrating it.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:24 pm

Taehl wrote:
I've looked into that before, and while it did lessen repetition, it also made the object list become ungainly long (which is something I want to avoid at all costs - this pack was made to be mousewheel item-scrolling friendly).

My suggestion there is to just add another list, Taehl bunker tiles list 2.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:18 pm

Location: In my custom-made vault, ordering bodies about while admiring a decorative plant.
Hmm, an extra menu... Pretty good idea. I suppose I could call it could contain prefab-like pieces, such as a long wall, full corner, stairs leading to a pit, etc...

I think I like that idea. I'll prolly do it for the next release. Thanks for the suggestion. Just don't hold your breath for it, as I still have my RL stuff going on.

Foa wrote:
Breakable things take the place for what shootable terrain can't do, how can you crash through a window with all that flash, shootable terrain can't do it.

It sounds cool, sure, but explain to me why you'd want a window in a bunker? I find this to be a rather glaring logical flaw in your defenses :P
I might make a bunch of things like this if I had enough objects to warrant a full list. A crate isn't a bad idea, if cliche. I suppose that'd force me to also make a barrel. I could remake the potted plant to be a breakable object (perhaps you could shoot off a leaf at a time?)... What other things should be in the "Bunker Decor - Breakable" list?

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Taehl wrote:
Hmm, an extra menu... Pretty good idea. I suppose I could call it could contain prefab-like pieces, such as a long wall, full corner, stairs leading to a pit, etc...

I think I like that idea. I'll prolly do it for the next release. Thanks for the suggestion. Just don't hold your breath for it, as I still have my RL stuff going on.

Foa wrote:

It sounds cool, sure, but explain to me why you'd want a window in a bunker? I find this to be a rather glaring logical flaw in your defenses :P
I might make a bunch of things like this if I had enough objects to warrant a full list. A crate isn't a bad idea, if cliche. I suppose that'd force me to also make a barrel. I could remake the potted plant to be a breakable object (perhaps you could shoot off a leaf at a time?)... What other things should be in the "Bunker Decor - Breakable" list?

Sometimes the game need a challenge, with the uber defended, over complicated, armored maze you call a base, you need to add weakpoints, and things that can break.

That's why Apocalypse Towers are so fun, you can make and break things.

Edit: Color Coded
Here's a list: (And Make two Breakable folders *Decor, and *Objects (*Decor has no collisions (as in it doesn't blocks pathes, yet take bullets) , HitMOS = 0 | *Objects have Collisions ( as in blocks paths and bullets ) ) )
    * Containers (Full, and Empty, Explosive, and Booby Trapped ones)
    * Vent Grates (For extra pathways)
    * Weapon Racks (Gibs out displayed weapons)
    * Vaults (Armory Stash, and Gold, also a Brain Actor one too)
    * Glass Walls, and Floors/Ceilings
    * Furniture
    * Art (Fine, Statues, Paintings, etc)
    * Lounge Room Objects (Pool, Table Games, Mini Bars, Decor, Vendors)
    * Drinks (Alcoholic, Non-Alchoholic,Bottled,and Canned)
    * Security Locking Doors (When it's "closed" it's out of the way of your troops/allies , when "opened" by nearby enemies it closes, Hard To Break)
    * Auxiliary Reinforcement Doors (Is Just Right next to a Security lock door, when "opened" by nearby enemies, you can send in reinforcements)
    * Emergency Objects ( Used for emergencies, has different uses for each object, doors are really hard, passage cloggers, etc)
    * Traps Objects (Do something and something happens, depends on the objects)
    * Barricades and Embrasures (Is a semi-deterioratable object, the "base" holds all the attachments that deteriorates over time when shot at, logically stronger than objects without attachments, if the "base" is properly protected)
    * Plants (The pot is the base, the stem is next, branches, then lastly the branches' leaves/fruit/flowers/etc, no collisions, but still take damage)

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:12 pm

Foa wrote:
Decor has no collisions (as in it doesn't blocks pathes, yet take bullets)

I think that'd be impossible unless every actor was Hitmos = 0.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:59 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Damn, should've thought about that.
Be back when done doing the thing, But it negates brain wrestling.

EDIT Does Sharpness effect anything?
    EDIT Seems I Have to edit the GetHitMos
            EDIT Got Screenies of Non-Colliding Killable Actors!!! Hear that, IN YOUR FACE Roy!
            Ask for details...
            God Damn you MediaFire, had to reupload...

Before
            Image | | | Image

After a few magazines
            Image | | | Image

Pilot Wrestle Pilot, No Colliding
            Image | | | Image

Oh NOES

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:51 am

Um.......
Did you HitMOS = 0 everything?
Not everything is HitMOS = 0 off the bat.
Especially Vanillia units.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:57 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Um.......
Did you HitMOS = 0 everything?
Not everything is HitMOS = 0 off the bat.
Especially Vanillia units.

That didn't work, still they collided.

All I did was make all the limbs are 'HitMos = 1' and 'GetHitByMos = 1' , so they collide with colliding Moids, all attachment are 'HitMos = 1 'GetHitMos = 1' same reason for the limbs, and but this one makes the whole body not collide with bodies with the same difference...

the core of the actor ( chassis, torso, etc) ARE 'GETHItBYMOS = 1' AND 'HITMOS = 0'

Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:15 am

Location: In my custom-made vault, ordering bodies about while admiring a decorative plant.
Post Re: Taehl Bunker Tiles v1.5
Hey again, guys. Version 1.5 is mainly just a tiny little bugfix release, but I'm afraid it's all I got at the moment. Still working hard on RL stuff, but at least I havn't forgotten about you guys, right?

v1.5
- Made it so that lights can be embedded within walls
- Slightly corrected spotlight R and D MOSRs
- Added second beacon beam color (yellow)

Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 am
Profile YIM WWW

Taehl wrote:
Hey again, guys. Version 1.5 is mainly just a tiny little bugfix release, but I'm afraid it's all I got at the moment. Still working hard on RL stuff, but at least I havn't forgotten about you guys, right?

v1.5
- Made it so that lights can be embedded within walls
- Slightly corrected spotlight R and D MOSRs
- Added second beacon beam color (yellow)

We're happy with anything from you :D

Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:59 am

These are (in my opinion) the best bunker module type mod out there. Great job, keep up the great work!

Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:01 am

My only complaints would be that the diagonal ones look streched/skewed which, I'm guessing, is how you made them, and also as mentioned the slightly bland backgrounds.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6