View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Taehl Bunker Tiles v1.5 

Location: In my custom-made vault, ordering bodies about while admiring a decorative plant.
Post Re: Taehl Bunker Tiles
Update to version 1.1:

- Remade all wall tiles to look better (especially end caps)
- Fixed all left-slanted tiles' alignments (down one pixel)
- Fixed small right-slant BG alignment (down one pixel)

Screenshots updated accordingly (it's the exact same base as before, yes, but it simply does a good job showing off the new stuff).

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Taehl Bunker Tiles v1.1
Awsome, Dl'ed again.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 am

Nice, I always love to have extra bunker modules :D

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:50 am

These are very nice.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Nice job. :)

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:42 am

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
If you could, could you fix the alignment on the 'grabber' deco pieces and the 'plug' deco pieces? They are off by a few pixels.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:05 am

Location: In my custom-made vault, ordering bodies about while admiring a decorative plant.
The plugs intentionally stick out of the wall - they're meant to look like you can attach or plug something into them. I guess I could make a different version - how would you want them to align?

As for the grabber things, heh, I'm still trying to figure out how, exactly, I want them to align. I know they're off, even from eachother. I'll fix them when I decide how they should be. Hell, I'm still trying to think up a better name for them.

Also, I'm still taking suggestions for new tiles, especially decorations. And if anyone could explain why the right stairs don't show up in the menu and how I could fix it, I'd be grateful.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
happy carebear mom

Grabber = Gantry?
Suggestions, eh? Hmm, how about some more bunker lighting, like some spotlights, fluorescent tubes, etc. Rickety bridge pieces would be cool too, to place over those pesky bottomless pits that always seem to pop up.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:59 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
I for one would love some kind of small bridge with a background handrail coming up diagonally to blend in with a bunkermodBG, left and right versions so I could either connect two or leave one hanging out as a watchpost. That, and
Duh102 wrote:
...some more bunker lighting, like some spotlights, fluorescent tubes, etc.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:15 pm

"Gantry" is perfect. Thanks. And I'll see what I can do for more lights. Do keep in mind that since I can't blend a background with another background, lighting will override other background, making large lighting effects bad. I'm taking a look into the bloom effect used by CC, perhaps I can teach myself how to make them use that instead of a background for the lighting, enabling better (and larger) lights.

Duh102: You mean, made out of wood and rope or something? I don't know how to make it fall if it was severed, and a rickety bridge hanging out into space would look pretty odd... But I'll look into some kind of thin metal catwalk kind of thing. Would that work?

ppiksmada: Could you draw me a quick mockup or diagram of what you mean? I don't think I understand your description. It doesn't have to look good, just show me the general size, shape, and intended use of the thing.

EDIT: Previous edit obsolete. See my next post.

Last edited by Taehl on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Might take me a day or so, CC isn't at my work computer. Nor do I remember the name of the bunkermod to reference its size with.

Glowy light things sound rockin'.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Glowing lights would be a good step up, and you could still use to go over your diagonal pieces so they don't look so stretched.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:06 pm
happy carebear mom

Taehl wrote:
EDIT: For the rickety bridge thing, how does the attached picture seem for style? Thin, but metal and concrete. If this kind of thing is good, I'll improve it. If not, tell me what you'd prefer.

Yeah, that's great. I guess I should have been more specific: A bridge that you would expect an evil overlord would put over his bottomless pit that's somehow filled with spikes. A rickety wooden bridge would do it, but you do get that problem with the floating pieces, so a thin concrete one would work fine.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:16 pm

OK, I'm doing this with the bridge. It aligns with the other tiles in all sorts of interesting ways. The section the guy is standing on is the 'middle' section that you would repeat across your chasm.

Ha, image view from an attachment. I feel 1337.

As for the diagonals, I attempted to rotate them instead of skew them, but the result wasn't so good... I'll try my hand at drawing new, rotated tiles from scratch, but skewing may just look better in the end. But before I try that, I'm going to look into truly glowing lights.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW

You could take the skewed ones and just fix them up by hand *shrug*.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:07 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next