View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Small Drone 

Post Re: Small Drone
Grif wrote:
You're not original. Believe me.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't fully suspect I was, since with so many mods made -and lost- there would have been several on occasion. Couldn't find any in the current topics though.

Anyway, my point still being that it is incredibly hard to come up with something new for this game. No matter what you think of, there's a huge chance someone already beat you to it or made something similar.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Gotcha! wrote:
blipflip wrote:
Sprite's a bit crap, it does seem a lot like my assualt drone. http://www.datarealms.com/forum/viewtop ... 61&t=11586

I'm not too fond of this, but I guess I'm biased.

Someone's bound to make something that looks like someone else's mod at some point. After a while everything will be done already, so no one can truely be original at that point. :wink:

Take my landmine; Never saw a landmine mod yet, but after I finished mine (not released yet) someone else came up with it too (or read my post about it :lol: ). *shrug* It happens. :)

Anyway, take pride that your sprite looks better (perhaps Piipu can improve his a bit ;) ) and that both of these have entire different functions.

I have a land mine from b12.

you probably ripped the sprites too and the code augh man

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:17 am

Update: All the sprites are redone, added some custom wounds, made it fly more steadily and added custom, glowy emissions for the main thrusters. Also made a bomb to be used with the drone, but it's commented out due to me being unable to make it ungarbled in the inventory.

Also, does anyone know a site where I could get better sounds for the engines? I've been searching a while but haven't found anything I like.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Daman wrote:
I have a land mine from b12.
you probably ripped the sprites too and the code augh man

You caught me! :roll:

Piipu, it looks nice. Have you upped the damage too? :)

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:14 pm

By upping damage do you mean the damage it takes from shooting? If so, then yes, the BurstDamage of the wound is a bit bigger and the emission deals some damage too. 2 shotgun shots from close range should destroy it almost straight away.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:51 am

I meant the damage it does when you blow it up into someone's face. :)

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:26 pm

Location: I cant tell you where I am, but if you tell me where you live I could tell you where I will be.
This is just like the assualt drone. I would DL this, but cc runs really slow on my computer so I can't get many mods.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:57 am

Gotcha! wrote:
I meant the damage it does when you blow it up into someone's face. :)

I haven't thought about that yet. I'll get to fiddling with it now that it's looks are a bit better.
Btw, mini-whitty, how did you detect that this is exactly like the assualt drone if you didn't dl it? Just made me wonder.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:21 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2