View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Warhammer 40,000 weapon pack. Updated 7/25/08 

Post Re: Warhammer 40,000 weapon pack. Updated 7/25/08
It is Friday.
B21 anyone?

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:38 pm

That's fudge awesome news, I've been bored of cc for a while to be honest. And I agree, witch hunt if it doesn't come out today!

Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Location: The milky way, Sol, Terra,Australia,Melbourne, A room in a house(listening to tool), -x???;3124=+:D
Post Re: Warhammer 40k Weapons pack [BETA]
Caelas wrote:
I was working on several school projects at the time, it wasn't the 1st thing on my mind.

He has been credited now and that is all that matters.

as some other guy said on the forums, also i common saying....There is no excuse for ignorance... also atleast do ultra marines before the huge pack of weapons! every one loves space marines!

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Gmanofdoom wrote:
Caelas wrote:
I was working on several school projects at the time, it wasn't the 1st thing on my mind.

as some other guy said on the forums, also i common saying....There is no excuse for ignorance... also atleast do ultra marines before the huge pack of weapons! every one loves space marines!

I personally think Imperial Guard are more suited for Cortex Command, considering everyone won't complain if they're not overpowered as hell.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:02 pm

*Sigh* Ok here's the thing, I am sick of peple giving me crap for that, it was like 7 months ago ok? You probably weren't even in datarealms at the time. So don't start that again, and anyways, we didn't use his stuff in the end. to the post above me: We are working on them right now. And actually CC is about FUN not balance. Its a videogame for christ's sake.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:07 am

Caelas wrote:
*Sigh* Ok here's the thing, I am sick of peple giving me crap for that, it was like 7 months ago ok? You probably weren't even in datarealms at the time. So don't start that again, and anyways, we didn't use his stuff in the end. to the post above me: We are working on them right now. And actually CC is about FUN not balance. Its a videogame for christ's sake.

I wasn't giving you crap, relax. And balanced can be fun, killing everything instantly isn't my definition of fun.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:34 am

Yeah it was more directed to Gman than you. Sorry if I offended you. And yes balanced can be fun, but balancing your mod doesn't mean it will be balanced against another mod. Its a scale that doesn't really work.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:42 am

Very nice Mod! I need to dl this when this comes out.

Keep it up boys

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:29 am

Caelas wrote:
Yeah it was more directed to Gman than you. Sorry if I offended you. And yes balanced can be fun, but balancing your mod doesn't mean it will be balanced against another mod. Its a scale that doesn't really work.

Oh, sorry, misread :p

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:31 am

Location: Kansas (contrary to popular belief Kansas does in fact have computers)
I'm Game, Do you need anything done that I could help with?

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:56 pm

leetsepeak wrote:
Gmanofdoom wrote:
Caelas wrote:

I personally think Imperial Guard are more suited for Cortex Command, considering everyone won't complain if they're not overpowered as hell.

Well as a race they'd probably compare to coalition, only weaker (but with shitloads of fodder)

That doesn't mean having a space marine or a couple of necrons (or, in my wildest wet dream, a nid) wouldn't make the game more fun.

coilgunner4 wrote:
I'm Game, Do you need anything done that I could help with?

I'd also like to help. I can do offsets and minor spriting.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Um, well right now we need to make things more 40kish. If someone could test the weapons and make a list of changes they feel should be made, we can start there. And guard actors are being prepared, check out the topic in the mod making section.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 pm

Storm Bolter (Standard):
Nice weapon and love the missile trails but a little too powerful in my opinion and the weapon could use some more sprites to touch up the detail in the gun. Explosions would be nice too. Sound needs to be more missile like. Also the clip looks really small to be shooting missiles or whatever the hell its shooting. Grip of the gun too needs to be a little bit thicker too. Size just needs to be a little bit bigger.

Bolter (Standard):
Same as with the Storm Bolter

Bolter Pistol:
Same with the top two.
You might also want to make it more of a pistol rather than the same thing as everything else except for the power level. This applies with the top two.

Slugga:
Seems like a down-graded semi-auto smg. Since this is from 40k, you might want to adjust the sound to a deeper, more satisfying gun sound in relation to what the Slugga actually looks like. Sprite also needs some work. It looks way too weak. Pixes need a lot of work.

Shoota:
Same with Slugga

BigShoota:
Same with above

Boomshot:
This needs work on the sound. Try adding some. I think thats all.
The explosion needs to be more unique though I think.

8 Guage Combat Shotgun:
Sound needs to improve also with uniqueness of the gun. It just seems like a regular Base.rte shotgun with just a different look. You need to either make it unique with sound or setting changes and such.

All weapons:
Pixes need work as well as sounds that do the gun justice. Just remember that when you make the marines and other actors, porportionality will be an issue. Also, the weapons need to be more unique to the 40k universe. Compare and Contrast with other mods or with the original guns. You might also want to go back and looks at 40k art to see the weapons and their descriptions to do edit yourselves accordingly.

Great job though! Can't wait until this comes out!
Also if you want, you can take a look at AAL's Marine units to get ideas for the 40k Marines although you'll need to get permission I think.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Yes, I agree with you. The sounds suck. Period. We need some ripped dawn of war sounds. Bolters, including stormbolters shoot explosive bullets. They shoudn't shoot things that look like donkey balls. But they shoot 50 caliber or higher. A slugga shoots a HUGE bullet,, some with the shoota, and an even bigger slug with the eavy shoota.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:26 am

So if you make the sounds like that also make the bullet more powerful than a pissant 9mm.

10mm and such comes to mind...

Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:28 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next