View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall' 

Location: I cant tell you where I am, but if you tell me where you live I could tell you where I will be.
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.1 - Gauntlet System
This looks amazing. :grin:
DL'd!

Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Awesome mod, much fun. However, I've noticed that if I fire a Randomizer or R-Cannon into it, both of which made by Whitty if that's any importance, anyway, if I fire either of those into any of it's general area, my game crashes. I don't know if anyone's encountered this problem, but it's kind of annoying.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:22 am

Because firing the r cannon into any kind of test strength material will ♥♥♥♥ the game.

Parts of the actual bunker mod (not the door actor itself but the actor seems to be made from test) are the test material.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:40 am

I'd love to see a single 4 way gauntlet system. A simple 4x4 or even better a 6x6 unit bunker module that has 4 of these things that will take apart anything unfortunate that goes in the middle of this room.

Also this thing reminds me of the resident evil movie where they had this laser system. Pretty kickarse. 5/5

Btw, the sensor offsets are a tad screwed up. An enemy in a horizontally different room activated the system straight off.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Excuse me, how is this not awesome?!
How did you do it??

I like the look of it, the sprite could need just a little bit more detail (very little, just a few dots and bam!)

DL'ed.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:10 pm

war_man333 wrote:
I like the look of it, the sprite could need just a little bit more detail (very little, just a few dots and bam!)

Oh yeah, it lacks shading too. But the overall design rocks.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:19 pm

NeoSeeker wrote:
Now make it harm only enemies and i will love you forever.

I think it's fun the way it kills you're own guys. That way it's more realistic.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

Ehrenmann wrote:
Awesome mod, much fun. However, I've noticed that if I fire a Randomizer or R-Cannon into it, both of which made by Whitty if that's any importance, anyway, if I fire either of those into any of it's general area, my game crashes. I don't know if anyone's encountered this problem, but it's kind of annoying.

If you shoot either of those at something made of test, the game crashes. The Randomizer used to be able to shoot through it, but I made a change to the code (I forget what now) and now it crashes.

Djinn, what else are you going to do with this? It's awesome! :D

Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:38 pm

numgun wrote:
I'd love to see a single 4 way gauntlet system. A simple 4x4 or even better a 6x6 unit bunker module that has 4 of these things that will take apart anything unfortunate that goes in the middle of this room.

Also this thing reminds me of the resident evil movie where they had this laser system. Pretty kickarse. 5/5

Btw, the sensor offsets are a tad screwed up. An enemy in a horizontally different room activated the system straight off.

Haha, yeah, the sensor arrays are completely screwed up. It's not intentional, but it also hasn't really been looked at yet. I just wanted to share it cause it looked cool. I'll fix it, don't worry. I'm also making diagonal ones (goddammit IRC) and vertical ones, but seriously, Gauntlet is like the tip of the iceberg. I'm just releasing experiments, I never intended to make a whole pack from one part of it, haha.

Also sprites are kinda dull, yeah, but I had this in my head as a concept rather than a design, so I pretty much just tossed some stuff together. If any one has any specific ideas on how I could improve them, by all means tell me. : )

edit: Also the Test crashing thing kinda sucks, and honestly there's no reason to have it be THAT durable, so I'll look into making the mat not be indestructible.

edit2:
Duh102 wrote:
I would like to see a rotating beam, myself. Not much rotation, just enough to sweep the room's floor. Like from below the emitter to across the hall floor and back. Then you could put two together with no problems with overlapping.

Hey buddy, don't ruin the surprise (there will be no shortage of rotating things, doncha worry).

Last edited by Djinn on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
happy carebear mom

I would like to see a rotating beam, myself. Not much rotation, just enough to sweep the room's floor. Like from below the emitter to across the hall floor and back. Then you could put two together with no problems with overlapping.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:51 pm

First time poster so be nice pleeease. I am not able to get this mod to work for version 20. Is there something wrong with the ini files that I can quickly fix? Or does this simply only work for earlier versions? If so which is the best version to use for most of the mods?

Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:59 am

Step 1: Double click on gauntlet.rte once it is in your cortex command folder
Step 2: Hit Ctrl+A
Step 3: Hit Ctrl+X
Step 4: In your Cortex Command Folder, Make a new folder(Don't bother renaming it yet)
Step 5: Double-Click on your new folder and hit Ctrl+V
Delete the Gauntlet.rte
Step 6: Rename your new folder Gauntlet.rte

I know this seems wierd, but it happens to me, too :grin:
The same thing happens with DarkStorm

And also welcome BeastmasteR :)

Hope this helps!

Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:08 am

I was going to make something VERY VERY similar to this, and I plan to eventually finish it, my version is slightly different however and the original design was made last year (I could show pics for proof).

I only post this so that you don't say that my mod is is rip-off when it eventually comes out.

Djinn are you still working on that mod I helped you with a while ago? or are you waiting for Lua? (the one with the flying monsters)

Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:27 am

Lol, these are great fun, nice work. I think i know how it works too, and if I'm right, I MUST fight my brother with them. Because if he builds them, ONLY HIS TROOPS WILL SET IT OFF! BAHAHAHAH!

Unless I have the concept wrong...

Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:29 am

The Mind wrote:
Step 1: Double click on gauntlet.rte once it is in your cortex command folder
Step 2: Hit Ctrl+A
Step 3: Hit Ctrl+X
Step 4: In your Cortex Command Folder, Make a new folder(Don't bother renaming it yet)
Step 5: Double-Click on your new folder and hit Ctrl+V
Delete the Gauntlet.rte
Step 6: Rename your new folder Gauntlet.rte

I know this seems wierd, but it happens to me, too :grin:
The same thing happens with DarkStorm

And also welcome BeastmasteR :)

Hope this helps!

I knew something was funny about it. Thanks Mind! :D

Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:42 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next