View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall' 

Post Re: Trickster Security v1.4 - Arrow Lightning Trap
The AI are more intelligent than we give credit for.

1. I'd have never thought to BodySlam a Spear while it distracted.

2. Or going down a Gauntlet corridor with a legless guy at the front
keeping the Gauntlet the end, and from emitting.

3. And.... Shooting the Arrow.

By the way, the Arrow has really awesome effects.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:03 am
Profile WWW

Those traps are awesome :D Good work

Btw, would it be possible to do grid of long, thin lasers that are reflectable by metal/reflectors/something like that? So you could actually sneak in by holding a shield up, or reflect the beam to kill an enemy?

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:39 am

SOrry, the above is impossible
and if Zalo proves otherwise, he's amazing.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Haven't there been some mods which have lasers that bounce off metallic surfaces like guns etc.?

Or maybe I am just mixing something up...

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 pm
happy carebear mom

You could do something like that, but you couldn't do it with the normal riot shield. In CC, solid surfaces can reflect particles if the surface has a high enough strength, so if you make the riot shield out of test material it would work fine. You would also get an invincible shield, though, so that's not quite the answer.
I will say absolutely nothing about Lua. Besides that.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Are the physics different for projectiles and emitted particles? (I don't know anything about modding, pardon me)
Because I remember when a shotgun or some other usual weapon (I don't remember) was trapped in debris once, I shot at it with the Barret sniper rifle from the AAL pack and it was possible to shoot it infinetly without the object taking any serious damage and the bullet bounced off at a correct angle and continued its path always in the right direction

Correct me if I am stupid :P

Last edited by Traikilla on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:54 pm
happy carebear mom

That's what I was saying. The gun you were shooting it with shot particles with a low enough sharpness(?) compared to the buried gun's material that they bounced off. We were talking before about a bunkermodule designed to kill anything that came through, from clones to dreadnoughts. The sharpness on those particles is rather high to make sure anything going through gets a taste of pain, so only a material similar to test in strength would be able to withstand it.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Traikilla wrote:

Btw, would it be possible to do grid of long, thin lasers that are reflectable by metal/reflectors/something like that? So you could actually sneak in by holding a shield up, or reflect the beam to kill an enemy?

This is fully possible, and exalion, you lack imagination.
Although when you say "grid", you will need a 360 degree shield around you. Crickets plasma shields are a good example.

From this idea btw to Djinn: Make simple a laser door that turns on and off when friendly units pass through it, but it keeps firing a laser if an enemy tries to pass. The laser door is connected to a small reactor that is the vulnurable part and its behind the door. As an extra, you can make an expensive piece of shield that can survive a 1 time pass through this door. See how many hits it generates and make its GWL based on that.

Heres a quick illustration:

Without a special shield or a door hacker, you cant get through it.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:16 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Luke, you walk into light, yes?
And be one with the force.

But, it's fun watching them walk into the Clone Zapper.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:08 pm

numgun wrote:
Traikilla wrote:
From this idea btw to Djinn: Make simple a laser door that turns on and off when friendly units pass through it, but it keeps firing a laser if an enemy tries to pass. The laser door is connected to a small reactor that is the vulnurable part and its behind the door. As an extra, you can make an expensive piece of shield that can survive a 1 time pass through this door. See how many hits it generates and make its GWL based on that.

Hah, I'm actually doing that already for the Gauntlet as we speak. I'm just debating whether I want it to have it or if I want to give it to another one. Also door hackers don't work very well due to the reason that allows all of these things to work: Doors don't only not let enemies through because they just don't open for them, they actively CLOSE when an enemy is nearby. But yeah, I really hope that people are getting ideas from this and are either a) making them or b) suggesting them. Cause I will be making a laser grid and the Teaburner now. Woo.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

numgun wrote:
Traikilla wrote:

This is fully possible, and exalion, you lack imagination.
Although when you say "grid", you will need a 360 degree shield around you. Crickets plasma shields are a good example.

Ok, it is possible, but it'd be glitchy as all hell.
damn funny though.

Looking forward to whatever monstrosities are next Djinn!

also, the arrow trap that fires up is broken. if you put it in the floor to hide it the floor stops the laser getting out. the roof one works fine though.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:38 pm

Exalion wrote:
Looking forward to whatever monstrosities are next Djinn!

also, the arrow trap that fires up is broken. if you put it in the floor to hide it the floor stops the laser getting out. the roof one works fine though.

Even when an enemy walks over it? It does that when you place it, yes.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The Arrow Lightning is weak against being hit by MosParticles

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:38 pm

I spent hours after hours today observing the Gauntlet in a specially constructed testing facility
Basically I was convinced that eventually an enemy will get through so I created a building with many large, easy accesses so that the enemy won't clutter them up and made all of those funnel them into two Gauntlets (depending on the approaching direction either left or right, to double the amount of..data...gained)
Then came the observing...observing (Actually the enemy getting obliterated in there never gets old :))
Well...they did not get through....I believe that it would be possible with enough coordination to walk through the laser with one vanilla CC actor who is assisted by another and a riot shield (the force shield from Toybox would work best but that's cheating :P) but of course the AI doesn't have that kind of intelligence to bodyslam one guy with a riot shield into the emitter and have the other one, also with a riot shield slip through under him, theoretically not getting smeared all over the floor.

Test timeline:
---------------
1600 hours: Firing up the experiment
1602 hours: The first enemy clone gets obliterated in the gauntlet
1700 hours: The enemy shows no signs of cooperation. The area is cleaned by friendly clones with diggers.
1730 hours: Due to the lack of results, an order is given to have friendlies attempt deliberate passes
1750 hours: No friendlies that have passed have survived. Same for the enemy.
1800 hours: A friendly passes through the laser with a force shield and is left with 30% lives. Sadly it's a death knight. Results scrapped
1830 hours: The work of the cleaning squads gets more intense. Enemies kill or wound many testers, thus making them useless for passing through.
1900 hours: Several exits are already blocked. Enemies flow in, still showing no signs of cooperation. Friendlies still follow the enemies to try and pass through.
1915 hours: The commander gets bored and starts actively sniping enemies on the flat concrete surfaces of the facility.
1930 hours: The closest anyone has come to passing through. Manouvers are improved. Still no results.
1945 hours: The test is considered dead. Commander fires off some Davy Crockets to remove some parts of the facility.
2015 hours: End of experiment

Test results:
-------------------
Due to the complexity of the task and the lack of AI intelligence to deal with complex situations, it is concluded, that the enemy AI clones can not pass through the gauntlet by ordinary means.

Enemy - Failed
-------------------
Call me bored :)

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:30 am

The Arrow is nice, but the floor version always gets clogged with gibs.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:55 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next