View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:30 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall' 
Author Message
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 am
Posts: 3966
Location: Canadida
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.4 - Arrow Lightning Trap
I know, and they die really easily, because the suck at being trampled by Moids (AND When's Data going reimplement the different view types: Normal view, Material view, and Moid view)


Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 am
Posts: 1726
Location: NSW, Australia
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.4 - Arrow Lightning Trap
Whats all this about body slamming to let a friend pass through the gauntlet? Becuase I have no idea how to do it myself...


Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:22 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 am
Posts: 3966
Location: Canadida
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.4 - Arrow Lightning Trap
Exalion wrote:
Whats all this about body slamming to let a friend pass through the gauntlet? Becuase I have no idea how to do it myself...

I was talking about ARROW, but if you want use the deadliest Cortex Fighting Style against a LAZZAH SWEEPER OF DOOM, then be my guest.

And I really want Data to reimplement the Switch Viewing Mode Button, the Three Viewing Modes are the Normal Mode; you see everything like normally, then there's the Material Mode, you only see the different Materials of the Static Terrain, helps finding hidden pathways/traps, lastly the Moids Mode, finds every living organics and active mechanics.


Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:40 pm
Posts: 39
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.4 - Arrow Lightning Trap
And I was talking about the Gauntlet :grin:
It relies on the fact that if a guy with a riot shield bodyslams into the moving piece of the Gauntlet, he gets obliterated but leaves a slight passage for a very short time. With enough coordination it should theoretically be possible (if those two were controlled by brains that are intelligent enough, that is. No AI would work in such situation.)
So while the upper guy gets obliterated, the lower guy can swoop through the hole, holding his riot shield up and if he's lucky enough he won't get 100% obliterated.

I don't even know why I did those tests :P


Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:11 pm
Posts: 1494
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.4 - Arrow Lightning Trap
Foa wrote:
And I really want Data to reimplement the Switch Viewing Mode Button, the Three Viewing Modes are the Normal Mode; you see everything like normally, then there's the Material Mode, you only see the different Materials of the Static Terrain, helps finding hidden pathways/traps, lastly the Moids Mode, finds every living organics and active mechanics.


Last time I checked, Ctrl+M switched the veiws.
And its been 8 Months since the last build, so I
couldn't have checked that long ago.


Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:32 pm
Posts: 211
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.4 - Arrow Lightning Trap
Traikilla wrote:
I don't even know why I did those tests :P

Well, it was quite amusing to read.


Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:26 am
Posts: 298
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
Aaaaaand update! This one is a small simple one, but I find it quite amusing. The AI are quite puzzled by it, as well. Also, as I say in the OP, this one NEEDS gifs. Shook was so kind as to provide me with gifs of the others, but this one especially requires some.

Also, it's in it's own .rte. This will be the last one released this way, because as of my next release, they're all going to be in the same pack. Bear with me for now, please. :twisted:


Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 am
Posts: 3966
Location: Canadida
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
AWESOME DOOR MAN!!!

It's a door, yet I can't explain the AI confusion.


Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:40 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 8
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
Not working for me :roll:

HELP


Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:26 am
Posts: 298
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
XneoX wrote:
Not working for me :roll:

HELP


Could ya be more specific?


Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:05 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 am
Posts: 3966
Location: Canadida
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
I now understand why the thing doesn't get attacked by AI, it's a NoMoid, if it doesn't show in the Moid scan, it can't be detected, and since it's a door, it's a semi-material, and is path blocker.


Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:26 am
Posts: 298
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
Foa wrote:
I now understand why the thing doesn't get attacked by AI, it's a NoMoid, if it doesn't show in the Moid scan, it can't be detected, and since it's a door, it's a semi-material, and is path blocker.


The important part is that it's a path blocker to AI waypoints as well, so they'll look at it as if they cannot get to the brain through it and will take a big detour. I'm surprised it worked so well.


Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:48 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 am
Posts: 3966
Location: Canadida
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
Djinn wrote:
Foa wrote:
I now understand why the thing doesn't get attacked by AI, it's a NoMoid, if it doesn't show in the Moid scan, it can't be detected, and since it's a door, it's a semi-material, and is path blocker.


The important part is that it's a path blocker to AI waypoints as well, so they'll look at it as if they cannot get to the brain through it and will take a big detour. I'm surprised it worked so well.

It can be used for escape ways, and panic bunkers, or shortcuts


Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:26 am
Posts: 298
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
Foa wrote:
It can be used for escape ways, and panic bunkers, or shortcuts


Is it worth making a vertical one?


Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:58 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 am
Posts: 3966
Location: Canadida
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Security v1.5 - SK-PRR 'Tricky Wall'
Yeah, you can walk of doors, so yeah, and that would make it more interesting, and make it two overlapping doors, one this side, and one on the other, it'll make sure any trespassers will stay on top of it..


Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:12 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.021s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]