View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 H-weapons, a remake 
Forum Moderator

Post H-weapons, a remake
I decided to remake my old H-weapons mod with updated sprites and various changes. The most important change I made was to remove all the variants of various guns I had made. And remove guns from it that was made better elsewhere, on with the mod (Which is kinda done(added all the good weapons from the old pack, on to make new ones))

All the guns

The H-80 is a anti dropship rifle and can take out the engines with one shot, it kinda rapes vanilla CC actors but have a hard time chewing through armor.
ImageImage

I have been talking about the sprite in IRC and have come up with two sprites for the H-80 based on criticism from irc.

the one at the top is the standard one and the other one I have named the pyroskin because Pyro suggested the changes I made. To change to the pyroskin go to H-weapons.rte\H-80 and find pyroskinH-80000.bmp and pyroskinH-80001.bmp, rename or delete H-80000.bmp and H-80001.bmp, and remove pyroskin from pyroskinH-80000.bmp and pyroskinH-80001.bmp.

The H-85 bullpup assault rifle is a high powered assault rifle with lower bullet capacity than the AK and SMG (only 20 bullets)

The H-43 Microwave cannon (which needs a new sprite), it acts kinda like a overpowered blunderbuss. But unable to kill robots.

The H-44 Microwave Grenade, it lays down a small field of rape when you throw it. This one is unable to damage robots too

\/ old gifs \/
ImageImage
ImageImage

\/ new gifs \/

The H-160 (very) Heavy rifle, it can one shot kill almost all actors if it hits them directly. The down side though is the slow firerate, reload and high price.

The H-224 CQC laser rifle, explodes when gibbed and leaks laser beams when you shoot it. updated with less glowrape

Here's a link to my photobucket album with all the H-weapons pics I have uploaded

Attachments:
H-weapons.rte.rar [487.94 KiB]
Downloaded 779 times

Last edited by p3lb0x on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Post Re: H-weapons, remade W.I.P.
Really nice, I like the sprites and their power too. Although all mods, including betas and WIP belong in Mods if I remember right (rules).

Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:16 pm
Forum Moderator

Maybe, I asked in IRC and someone told me it would belong here. Blarg I will kick whoever told you in the throat. If this isn't correct any mod is free to move it

Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Those weapons look like sex.
Good job might as well have posted it in the mod section though. :-(
EDIT: now it is. :grin:

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Post Re: H-weapons, a remake
I consider my H-weapons remake out of WIP now since I have remade all the weapons worth remaking, this doesn't mean that I won't add more to it however. You can consider this version 1.0 if you wish

Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:43 pm

Seriously, pretty badass pack you've got here.

Make some heavy weapons for it though, right now it isn't as explosive as it should be

Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:17 pm

My favorite weapon in CC right now is the H-80.
3 headshots can kill a healthy Zealotian.
I favor it for it's massive stopping power and good sound effects.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:24 am

wow, I thought this would be another crap 2 weapon gun pack.

But i was wrong.
These are fantastic. I want to see how you made the bullets able absolutely crucify anything it hits, yet hardly effect the terrain.

10/10.
Just works.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:50 am

Perhaps these make the ai more competent? eh? eh?

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:58 am

That's a good idea. A very good idea.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:18 am

Exalion wrote:
These are fantastic. I want to see how you made the bullets able absolutely crucify anything it hits, yet hardly effect the terrain.

Low sharpness and a higher mass round.

p3lb0x, these are great. BTW, your H82-A was probably my favorite from your last H-Weapons pack; any chance of you reviving that? I've still got the mod, would you mind if I converted it and put it in the next "Datarealms Mod Archive" pack?

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 am

just gave these to the AI. makes things a little more challenging...

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:01 am
Forum Moderator

uberhen wrote:
p3lb0x, these are great. BTW, your H82-A was probably my favorite from your last H-Weapons pack; any chance of you reviving that? I've still got the mod, would you mind if I converted it and put it in the next "Datarealms Mod Archive" pack?

Well, the H-80 are basically the H-82 weapons of the old pack, so I guess increasing the round amount in the magazine, firerate and making it fully automatic would essentially make it the H82-A. But as I said in the OP I removed all the various versions that bloated my old mod. I am not gonna make the H82-A (or similar in the remake). But feel free to update it to the latest version if you want

Exalion wrote:
wow, I thought this would be another crap 2 weapon gun pack.

But i was wrong.

10/10.
Just works.

Funny thing is, the old H-weapons were a bunch of sucky weapons ;P with only a few being original and fun

Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:20 am

You made a good move, a lot of modders make the mistake of releasing a pack of 10 guns which are all essentially the same.
These, on the other hand, are simple, and although they look similar, they're very different. Fairly priced too considering the firepower.

This is my new favourite weapon mod!

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:19 am
Forum Moderator

NeoSeeker wrote:
Make some heavy weapons for it though, right now it isn't as explosive as it should be

Is the H-160 I am making explosive enough? It's anti heavy unit killer. it rapes normal actors too but it fires very slowly and weighs a ♥♥♥♥ ton

(also I know most of the effects in that is from the crobo so go look at my H-160 gallery on Photobucket, the "H-160smokepin.gif" is the most recent gif and is how the explosion looks)

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:28 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next