View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 CQC Pack V1.0 

Post Re: CQC Pack V1.0
While Grif overreacts in general, I have to agree with him here :-( The mod is made up of two crappy resprites, and the gun isn't really fun to use.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:30 pm

Sorry, no download from me, I don't really use coalition unless i'm testing a new weapon maybe a grenade.

Anything that looks like a coalition I blow up because they make lots of guts, i drop rockets filled with grenades next to them and watch his body blow up and arms explode in mid air, i think i'll stick to Dark Storm, Tek Troopers, Crobotech and DStech.

I might download it if you give it a better look, not like a coalition.

Last edited by Shard on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:40 pm

You know, I get really angry whenever anybody uses that whole "CC is unrealistic so we shouldn't worry about whether or not a mod is unrealistic." Guess what, I've got news for you: In the context of possible futures for humanity and the galaxy, CC is PERFECTLY realistic.

Lets think about it. I'm not sure if we have an actual time frame, but I'd have to imagine CC takes place at LEAST 100 years in the future. Is interstellar travel and the ability to hook brains up to machines that unreasonable in that time span? No, really, I'm serious. By that point, I'm sure we'll have developed more efficient fuel and thrust systems, as well as better life support for space ships. As for the brains, we already today can make prosthetic limbs that react to nervous impulses in a semi-efficient manner. That can only get better with time. We also understand what it is that keeps the brain alive. Its more an issue of figuring out how to transfer it physically to a life support hookup before it dies from exposure and lack of oxygen. Once we figured that out, we'd be good to go.

Just because something doesn't exist right now doesn't make it unrealistic. Science fiction is conjectural. Its not like fantasy with magic and dragons, stuff that really WON'T ever exist. Science fiction actually draws off of the ideas of current technology and the direction research seems to be going to paint a picture of a POSSIBLE future. CC is one of those paintings, even if it is ultimately just for the sake of a fun game.

Now, in the context of this mod, and modding in general, I don't ask that you explain every working detail of your weapons like I do. It's enough to come up with a concept, like lasers or railguns or plasma guns, and think to yourself "in the distant future, we'll PROBABLY have the technology to create something like this." That's the basis of science fiction, and its what allows us to suspend our disbelief. And, actually, from that standpoint, this weapon, though odd, might actually be feasible. Maybe it has some way to stabilize a ball bearing, maybe it has a more powerful and efficient propellant and a gun that can withstand it, and maybe there's a new suppressor design that can make stuff quieter even at that caliber and power. Also, in regards to the kick of the thing: this is an issue I've thought of with my stuff. The soldiers of this future are probably stronger than our soldiers now, due to weird enhancements, or simply out of being a tough robot. They can probably control weapons with more kick.

My only argument is against the effectiveness of a ball bearing. I'm not entirely certain how it would be more effective than a bullet. And though maybe there is some technology that would stabilize such a projectile, I'd say just using a bullet that works well with rifling would be easier and just as effective as putting a bunch of time and effort into discovering how to fire a BB accurately. Plus, bullets have always been about penetrating and then bumping and tumbling around, or even fragmenting, in order to do the maximum amount of internal damage. It sounds like this thing is supposed to smash from the outside, which would probably be less effective.

Also, CQC? I was expecting melee weapons and martial arts or something.

tl;dr: CC isn't unrealistic, stop saying it is. And coming off of that, this gun isn't either. Except the BB thing seems kinda illogical.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:25 pm
Profile YIM
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Itt I make two posts and derail a thread.

Hey guys, if you don't care about what I say, how come you always take the time to say that when I flame someone?

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:47 pm

ITT: People telling Tendrop he'll get better at modding even though he's a damn good modder.
Although this is just ♥♥♥♥.
TL;DR Tendrop=good modder, mod=shite

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:45 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Belongs in the MMC for the following reasons-
    1. Resprite, from a modder who could have done a little better.
    2. Lack of truly original function for the weapon. It's a pistol. Designed for close range. Woah.
    3. Almost no functional change to the clone. Weaker jetpack, faster walking. Woah.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:29 pm

No one seems to have addressed the issue that this mod SUCKS!

it's a minorly tweaked coalition soldier, with a new gun.
Grif is flaming it for a reason, and the technical bull♥♥♥♥ is not the point. The mod would suck no matter what your write up.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 pm

I hate to say this but i agree with Grif about this mod. It's terribly sprited. And ball bearings, please. It should be a rule not to release Coalition recolors as mods.

Tips:
Redo ALL he sprites.
Make sure the BG colors match the FG colors.
Make more than one actor and one gun, or else just put this in the Minor Mod Compendium.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:55 pm

I expected MGS Styled CQC melee attacks.
Not a pack consisting of a orange coalition and a musket pistol.

No DL.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:31 am

If the backstory was more realistic I'd use this.
Supersonic Ball Bearings? Nearly impossible to aim without them sort of creating huge amounts of turbulence and flying all over the place.

I mean, it defies physics if you use his explanation.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Location: The milky way, Sol, Terra,Australia,Melbourne, A room in a house(listening to tool), -x???;3124=+:D
Darlos9D wrote:
You know, I get really angry whenever anybody uses that whole "CC is unrealistic so we shouldn't worry about whether or not a mod is unrealistic." Guess what, I've got news for you: In the context of possible futures for humanity and the galaxy, CC is PERFECTLY realistic.

Lets think about it. I'm not sure if we have an actual time frame, but I'd have to imagine CC takes place at LEAST 100 years in the future. Is interstellar travel and the ability to hook brains up to machines that unreasonable in that time span? No, really, I'm serious. By that point, I'm sure we'll have developed more efficient fuel and thrust systems, as well as better life support for space ships. As for the brains, we already today can make prosthetic limbs that react to nervous impulses in a semi-efficient manner. That can only get better with time. We also understand what it is that keeps the brain alive. Its more an issue of figuring out how to transfer it physically to a life support hookup before it dies from exposure and lack of oxygen. Once we figured that out, we'd be good to go. thats insane...

Just because something doesn't exist right now doesn't make it unrealistic. Science fiction is conjectural. Its not like fantasy with magic and dragons, stuff that really WON'T ever exist. Science fiction actually draws off of the ideas of current technology and the direction research seems to be going to paint a picture of a POSSIBLE future. CC is one of those paintings, even if it is ultimately just for the sake of a fun game.

Now, in the context of this mod, and modding in general, I don't ask that you explain every working detail of your weapons like I do. It's enough to come up with a concept, like lasers or railguns or plasma guns, and think to yourself "in the distant future, we'll PROBABLY have the technology to create something like this."we already do That's the basis of science fiction, and its what allows us to suspend our disbelief. And, actually, from that standpoint, this weapon, though odd, might actually be feasible. Maybe it has some way to stabilize a ball bearing, maybe it has a more powerful and efficient propellant and a gun that can withstand it, and maybe there's a new suppressor design that can make stuff quieter even at that caliber and power. Also, in regards to the kick of the thing: this is an issue I've thought of with my stuff. The soldiers of this future are probably stronger than our soldiers now, due to weird enhancementsagain that enhancement thing u speak of is probably under the military's roof already dude, or simply out of being a tough robot. They can probably control weapons with more kick.

My only argument is against the effectiveness of a ball bearing. I'm not entirely certain how it would be more effective than a bullet. And though maybe there is some technology that would stabilize such a projectile, I'd say just using a bullet that works well with rifling would be easier and just as effective as putting a bunch of time and effort into discovering how to fire a BB accurately. Plus, bullets have always been about penetrating and then bumping and tumbling around, or even fragmenting, in order to do the maximum amount of internal damage. It sounds like this thing is supposed to smash from the outside, which would probably be less effective.

Also, CQC? I was expecting melee weapons and martial arts or something.

tl;dr: CC isn't unrealistic, stop saying it is. And coming off of that, this gun isn't either. Except the BB thing seems kinda illogical.

dude with in 50 years this earth will be probably annihilated(in other words a faction on earth will end up letting off a bomb somewhere or in that context yeah u know what i mean) , and even if we came up with space travel and got to another planet or something that provides a source of water and living capabilities ect. we would be threw back a couple of 100 years anyway so i

when i said through us back 100 years any way i meant if we got to some other planet after it, possibilities.....

Please don't double post. Especially when you have to quote your first post for a GIANT double post. Edit button exists for a reason.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:44 am

isn't the nearest planet that has even a remotely survivable atmosphere like a load of hundred lightyears away

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Razura wrote:
isn't the nearest planet that has even a remotely survivable atmosphere like a load of hundred lightyears away

Well newsflash, in the future *twinkle sfx* , our descendants will remove their bodies from physical boundaries, and travel deep into space, collecting knowledge, wealth, and allies, they became cyber-brains, able to control any body in their control, and blah blah super human clones, with prosthetic-enhancement, implants and ability enhancers, an infinite goldrush, fighting, so it's possible 'Razura'.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:13 am

Why do you even think that we only have 50 years before the planet randomly explodes? That's the most questionable idea I've seen in this topic yet.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:20 am

SpacePope wrote:
Quote:
Those must exist, as well as plasma guns and fudge space popes.

I exist....

Holy fudge! They 'do' exist. Well, we have a fresh replacement for the old one then. (I know I'm going to hell for that, thank you.)

On topic: Are my eyes supposed to bleed to the point I'm unable to get an erection anymore, due to the tremendous loss of blood? I'm sorry, but, I have to agree with Grif as well. I know I have yet to contribute any mods/scenes, but hell if they're going to be some half-assed resprite.

Though, it's not entirely horrible.. There are much, much worse mods buried deep beneath ashes of a thousand flames. You'll probably only be buried beneath fifty or so. ;x

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next