View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:46 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 CQC Pack V1.0 

Post CQC Pack V1.0
A new pack by me. Gonna try to keep it updated with suggestions.

First off is the Light CQC Soldier, or the CQC Soldier Light as it is referred to ingame.
This unit trades vertical manuverability for sheer horizontal speed.

Next is the Ball Bearing Pistol, or the B.B. Handgun. It uses modifed .50AE rounds to fire half-inch wide steel ball bearings at extreme velocities (over 1750 fps). These rounds devastate soft targets and shatter hardened armor. It comes with a built in sound suppressor.

Credits:
uberhen - Base gun code, testing
Me - Sprites, ideas, coding

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: CQC Pack V1.0
What the ♥♥♥♥.

1. Total ♥♥♥♥ resprite that you're not even ashamed of (you should be).

2. STEEL BALL BEARINGS?

Oh god this is too much.

You get a LIST of how stupid your gun is.

• Steel is a terrible metal for making bullets. It is very, very, hard, doesn't conform to rifling properly and is also pretty damn heavy.
  • BALL BEARINGS? What the ♥♥♥♥? You do realize that we've already made weapons that shoot spherical bullets? They're called MUSKETS, yano? They don't shoot in a straight line, they have no capacity for rifling, and they are absolutely terrible as far as speed.
  • 1750 f/s? The BULLET SHAPED .50AE only goes 1300 or so.
  • A SOUND suppressor? Oh, I was expecting a ♥♥♥♥ UNICORN suppressor. It's a good thing your unareodynamic bullets won't break the speed of sound and cause any noise anyways. Oh wait, you're saying that a suppressed weapon will fire supersonic rounds. Well, then I sure am wondering what the velocity is without the suppresor. And that ♥♥♥♥ must be LOUD, too. I mean ♥♥♥♥, if it's supersonic after suppression, that puppy must kick like a mule and bark like a HAND GRENADE. Gotta wonder why they bother with the suppresor at all, seeing as how their whole point is making the round subsonic.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 am

Looks sweet, I'm going to have to start up CC now.

If you want suggestions I think you need a bit more faction information, no?

Like what theyre good at etc.

Maybe they could be elite coalition or something? Or even rogue coalition?

EDIT: Grif, does it really matter how realistic it is? CC isn't exactly realistic anyway.
All that really matters is how fun the mod is.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:36 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

If you're going to spew out "technical" information then make it realistic. Darlos has "backstories" to his mod, and yet all his stuff is technically based in reality. I don't knock creativity; just don't try and explain it with bull♥♥♥♥.

You could have just said this was a high caliber suppressed semiautomatic pistol. But no, he had to write it off with this bull♥♥♥♥, which TBH doesn't make up for a pack made up of two ♥♥♥♥ mods that take about five minutes each to do. On a BAD day.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:47 am

Grif wrote:
What the ♥♥♥♥.

1. Total ♥♥♥♥ resprite that you're not even ashamed of (you should be).
The clone or the gun?

2. STEEL BALL BEARINGS?

Oh god this is too much.

You get a LIST of how stupid your gun is.

• Steel is a terrible metal for making bullets. It is very, very, hard, doesn't conform to rifling properly and is also pretty damn heavy.
    Fine. They're lead then.
  • BALL BEARINGS? What the ♥♥♥♥? You do realize that we've already made weapons that shoot spherical bullets? They're called MUSKETS, yano? They don't shoot in a straight line, they have no capacity for rifling, and they are absolutely terrible as far as speed.
    The rounds have .1 sharpness. It seemed a good idea at the time.
  • 1750 f/s? The BULLET SHAPED .50AE only goes 1300 or so.
    The propellant is... I dunno... fairy piss.
  • A SOUND suppressor? Oh, I was expecting a ♥♥♥♥ UNICORN suppressor. It's a good thing your unareodynamic bullets won't break the speed of sound and cause any noise anyways. Oh wait, you're saying that a suppressed weapon will fire supersonic rounds. Well, then I sure am wondering what the velocity is without the suppresor. And that ♥♥♥♥ must be LOUD, too. I mean ♥♥♥♥, if it's supersonic after suppression, that puppy must kick like a mule and bark like a HAND GRENADE. Gotta wonder why they bother with the suppresor at all, seeing as how their whole point is making the round subsonic.
    Well, it's not a flash supressor. And yes, it's a handgun that pushes the actor back a couple inches per shot. The hand grenade part got a chuckle out of me.

@zacness= Thanks, but I don't need help surviving a Grif attack. And it's not really a faction, it's kind of a branch of the Coalition specializing in indoor, close quarters conflicts.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:50 am

If anyone else who sees this and doesn't like it or thinks it's unrealistic.
Shove a fudge shovel up your arse and get out
Because CC is so realistic
Man, hover crafts and planetary travel.
Those must exist, as well as plasma guns and ♥♥♥♥ space popes.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:32 am

Tendrop, how about a sawnoff shotgun? I think it would fit the close quarters theme nicely.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:35 am

Or perhaps an over-under style shotgun?

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:38 am

i dont know why people argue or fight or complain about user made content, if you dont like it dont download it, its a learning curve for that person, and if it wasn't for people learning CC would still be Stock settings, no mods, and then we would all be sad....

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:39 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'll work on a sawnoff, but an over-under would be more medium range.
I'm also gonna do some small-radius high-intensity grenades.
But it's 4:50 am here.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:50 am

I can tell this isn't very good just by looking at it. The clone is obviously a resprite. Hell, it's a half ass resprite at best. You didn't even recolor the BG arms and legs. The gun sprite looks good though.

As for the actual mod, I haven't tried it yet. If I try it I'll let you know what I think.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:14 am

And I thought I was going to see some Close Quater Combat mod that was actually supposed to be fun and even innovative. Goddamn this failed.

What does the CQC stand for anyways for this mod?

Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Razura wrote:
i dont know why people argue or fight or complain about user made content, if you dont like it dont download it, its a learning curve for that person, and if it wasn't for people learning CC would still be Stock settings, no mods, and then we would all be sad....

QFT. Some people on this forums have real issues with giving constructive criticism in a polite manner. But at least after a while people learn to ignore them. :roll:

Sidenote: Your pancake made me hungry. :shock:

@Tendrop: Shove technical information aside and keep more guns and actors coming. Eventually you'll get better at spriting (just as I hopefully will) and you can make some decent actors out of resprites (just as I someday hopefully will). :wink:

Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:58 pm

To be honest, it looks pretty ♥♥♥♥. You didn't bother respriting the BG limbs on the actor, which is actually just a recolour, and the gun has a horrible sprite.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Quote:
Those must exist, as well as plasma guns and fudge space popes.

I exist....

Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:18 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next