View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Physics INC.---Second product: Science Grenade 

Post Physics INC.---Second product: Science Grenade
e(This is my first mod, so if there are problems please feel free to offer criticism and any errors I might have made.)
Before going into the marketing business, we here at Physics INC. were a mining company. Around a month ago, our Trading vessel discovered an asteroid loaded up with what our scanners picked up as gold. We touched down and discovered we had picked up not gold, but several arching, green crystalline formations. After much research, and many clone deaths we were able to harness these unusual materials. We hope to bring you many unconventional weapons over our corporations life. our first product has already gone through testing and we give you: The Physanium Sprayer! This weapon sprays out a liquefied version of the crystals we found that fateful day. It reacts in unusual ways to Kinetic energy(I.E, being walked on, being shot at.), so take care when using it, because one of those unusual ways that it reacts might kill the unfortunate clone who uses it. We're releasing this experimental technology for testing, and any feedback on how we could improve you experience shopping with us would be appreciated. Future products planned include a bomb made from this unusual material and a device which generates a solid block of this material for sieges.

Specifics-
This takes advantage of how particle variables like friction that should be between 0 and 1 are set higher than one act in weird ways. when you shoot this material, or when it gets hit with the particles from a jetpack, it will knock particles around it loose and what you get is that 'after' picture below. The particles fly fast enough to kill your clones if they get in the way. Oh, and when clones touch it they explode.
(There ya go :grin: )
Special thanks to-Duh102 for not barbecuing me when I asked for help
Data Realms for making Cortex Command.

Update: Been hard at work, despite all appearances to the contrary. Looked at some concepts for new stuff, tried out a robot made of Physanium and the effect was it dies in an entertaining explosion. Still working with it trying to get it to survive being transported to the surface, so it may still see the light of day. Untill then, I've cooked up a nice treat for you: I've reworked the Physanium material so that it's possible to walk on it without vaporizing(B22 made phsyanium a bit less devastating so I had to tweak some other stuff too), and I've made a new grenade that throws out a bunch of Phsyanium particles, and instantly gets that Terrain rape effect that you get when you use a digger on Physanium(provide you hit an actor): I call it the Science Grenade! I'm well aware the sprite is out of pallet, but believe it or not I like how the thing came out, and I'm keepin' it. If anyone wants to make sprites for this mod please shoot me a PM. The Science grenade sprite are found in the sprite dump, thanks CaveCricket!

Last edited by Doomfrog_X,000 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:10 am

Post Re: Physics INC.---First product: Physanium sprayer
This looks pretty awesome, but could you format that block of text better? Even describing it's function outside the back story might help. More than a tad bit confusing on the eyes, and hard to determine it's function.

But, ooh, green exploding spraying goop stuff. Thing. Looks neat.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:16 am

this would be great in a placeable bomb.. would it be possibly alright if i maybe used a piece of this in a c4 type charge? id love to play around with... Physanium is it?
id credit obviously, and make it less.. devastating so the sprayer would still be merited.
either way, i was wondering if there was a way to play around with these values. apparently yes. :D

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:13 am
Profile WWW

Woo! I've always wanted an explosive sprayer... :D

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:47 am

Geti wrote:
this would be great in a placeable bomb.. would it be possibly alright if i maybe used a piece of this in a c4 type charge? id love to play around with... Physanium is it?
id credit obviously, and make it less.. devastating so the sprayer would still be merited.
either way, i was wondering if there was a way to play around with these values. apparently yes. :D

Go for it, Just put me in the credits.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm
This is really cool, but the sprite is out of pallette.
Use this one.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Huh, thought I had that right. Oh well.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:02 am

wow that sprite is kinda ugly..
anyway, thanks :D this will be fun :)

Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:31 am
Profile WWW

Take a room made of solid TEST (AAL modules work)
Cover the bottom with physanium
Add invincible robot (high gib limit)
I used the pelian assault robot.
That was fun for like an hour xD

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:54 am

I vote the next product is a science gun.
>_>
<_<
It fires flaming bolts of pure science!

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:16 am

Post Re: Physics INC.---Second product: Science Grenade
Bumpdate! 283 DL's on the Phsyanium sprayer, hope you guys like this one as much.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:21 am

:shock: someone else made this too? I made a grenade like this once, but i didn't like it because it was too unpredictable.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 pm

Small world I guess :P

Kinda works the same way a nuclear bomb works in real life, huh? Particles knocking into eachother sending each other flying. Then the effect space becomes mostly unlivable due to radiation and such. Or in this case, randomly vaporizing clones.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:39 am

dont use a .bmp for images please..

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:43 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
dont use a .bmp for images please..

Dude, every cc image is .bmp

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:59 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next