View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Relics from the Guardian Empire - First mod (Another Update) 

Post Relics from the Guardian Empire - First mod (Another Update)
UPDATE - Now everything is in one rte. Enjoy!

Guardian Bricks (Updated, ordered in the "Bombs" section of the menu)
Useful for making quick blockades without having to use concrete guns. Now comes in both brick shaped blocks and spheres.
*ShotgunMan™ tries desperately to break through some well placed guardian bricks*

Guardian Shield
I've seen a few "reflection shields", but none of them work how I'd expect.... so I made this! It knocks back any small arms fire at all, and provides entire body protection - a relic of the Guardian Empire, used by it's soldiers in it's last stand against incoming forces. It is said that more of their foes were slain by reflecting their own projectiles into their ranks than by the hands of the Empire itself.
*AK-47Man™ can't shoot the other guy. Because he's behind a guardian shield.*

Guardian Blade (Offensive, Defensive Stances and Rapier Included, ordered in the "Shields" section in the menu)
My favorite of all. Each of these ancient swords from the fallen Empire is imbued with the soul of a slain Guardian warrior. In their inert forms, they are useless as weapons having been tarnished and weakened by eons of disuse, but once their spirits are awakened by danger, they become extremely potent weapons.

These aren't your average melee weapons - as oppose to clicking on a nearby enemy to have them swing, you manually swing your mouse around to hack at things. Which in my opinion, is hella fun :P

In order to awaken the sword, you have to get it near danger - ie. get something to shoot it - so you deflect a few bullets with it, then proceed to kick some pixel-art ass. The more danger it's in (the more shots it deflects), the more powerful it becomes, to a certain extent.

You can order the sword either for use in an offensive stance (he holds it horizontally in front of him - it's hard to deflect incoming fire but provides a long range attack, good for stabbing things from a distance) or the defensive stance (holds it vertically in front of his face, it's good for deflecting bullets and chopping, rather than stabbing). Be careful though - in your quest for a sword whose spirit is so riled, it raeps everything, don't shoot it too many times. It's still a sword. It can break :P

A word of warning though, you might get a bit of lag when switching the (awakened) sword out and then back into your hand.

*An awakened Blade being held in a defensive stance*

*Dummy rape. WOOT*

Spirit Shield
Spirit shields work on the same premise as the guardian blades. Soak up some bullets to get the resident spirit angry, and proceed to shield bash the hell out of things. If you're lucky, you can get an activated spirit shield and then jetpack into an MPAM's face just for the pleasure of watching it explode. Wooooo.
*An awakened spirit shield holder bravely blocks a corridor*

It's important to note that I forgot to balance the products' weights and costs... But you can always tweak them to your liking :) Also, I know I suck at spriting (I did them from scratch, as you can probably tell). But I don't like asking other people to do free work for me - so yeahhhh. My offsets might be a little off, but I'm sure I can improve them given some time.

Guardian Pod
The guardian pod functions like any other drop pod - however, upon release, it surrounds the actor in a short lifetime shield, providing it with temporary cover in a crowded drop destination.

(I think I want to change the sprite, because it sucks. Any suggestions?)

*The pod*
*The shield absorbs any type of bullet and is almost pretty much immune to crushing*
*...however, it will break if shot too many times*

Guardian Sentinel

An animated Sentinel statue from the Empire itself. Has heavy armour made from the same material as the guardian bricks - however, due to the fact that these things aren't easy to tailor for (and also due to the fact they are made of stone), the breastplate and helmet are very easy to knock off and, therefore, they are very easy to render vulnerable to small arms fire. In order to finish them off, you'll need to gib them either by crushing them, or shooting them until they crack.
*A Sentinel*

Guardian Angel

An animated statue of the Guardian Angel, also referred to as the Torn Saint or the one-winged angel. This holy being from the empire is usually depicted carrying its trusty rapier.
Gliding completely silently and unerringly through the air, this lightly armoured unit strikes fear into the heart of any enemy.
*The Guardian Angel wielding a rapier*

Thanks for viewing.

Credits:
smithno13 for't awesome gif! Much appreciated :)
Azukki for the templates I used
CaveCrickets plasma shield, which I used to develop the guardian pod shield
everyone who gave me constructive criticism

Last edited by mrah on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:42 am, edited 32 times in total.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Post Re: Guardian Bricks
Interesting, that's quite an activies you seem to have there.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Profile WWW

Yeahhhh you could say that haha... it's a lot of fun

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Good Idea using ceiling windows with the fluorescent tubes.

Mod looks nice but, don't think I'll be using it until some more content is added. It's a decent start though.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Whoa, what's that robot thing? It looks very interesting.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:59 pm

Yeah, i like the lights too - and the robot thing is an old-school MPAM which I pimped up the other day... I can't post it without permission though I don't reckon haha since it's not any of my work

Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:03 pm

dracura wrote:
Whoa, what's that robot thing? It looks very interesting.

Numgun's original MPAM. He pimped it up later.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:35 am

This is a cool idea, but using them as grenades doesn't work too well, because they rotate a bunch :(
If you made it a gun that places a little block barrier that'd be good.
Or if they were circles, then it wouldn't matter if they rotated.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:57 am

Post Re: GuardiaTech - First mod
Yeah, I think i'll make them spheres in my next update :)

But for now, major content update haha

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:36 am

Very nice, I especially love the mobile tunnel blocker.
I'm not much of a critic in cases where a mod does what it does and looks all shiny....You have a future in this business.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:56 am

Thanks!

Is there anything you want improving on for the next update?

Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Erm, swords by that method (sharp objects you aim at people) were the original sword method.
People changed for a very good reason: they're finicky as ♥♥♥♥.
Noone likes melee weapons like that, especially keyboard-users (like myself, using the mouse for CC is uncomfortable at best).

I can understand you thinking "Oh I'm so original, I'm awesome!" (not flaming here), but it's a bad way to do it.
And realistically, the system that sword uses, although interesting, is a bad idea.

The more damaged it is, the more damage it does. - Only for Squiggoths m'dear, only for Squiggoths.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:57 pm

the glow on the sword is pretty awesome (downloadin) :smile:

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:05 pm

I get ya, i was just thinking "my wrist is about to drop off." haha

but yeahh i thought i'd upload it for the sake of uploading it - maybe someone will come along who likes it :P

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:40 pm

This mod isn't 100% original but isn't bad (in other terms, noob) as expected for first mod. Actually, look pretty fun. Keep up and you gonna be pro.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:35 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next