View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 CCPD Mod Pack (Updated 10/21/08) 

Post Re: CCPD Mod Pack (WIP)
thanks no-one has to worry about the burster anymore its not going to be in my next version of this mod, i've removed the burster, blunderbuss, lengthened the shield a lot so it covers the 98% of the actor's body. i also finished making a nice police taser which is very balanced and acts pretty realistic, i gave it a custom sprite so its not going to be condsidered a re-sprite because i've changed its sounds too :) me and brainwashed have been talking about nice ideas where a police department is needed, so im going to make a prison break scene and its going to be a survival type scene. but that will be awhile right now im working on a crowd clearing bomb and a helicopter type drop ship that can capture LIVING actors. thanks for the contructive criticism too :grin:

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:58 pm

Exalion wrote:
SkyGuardian wrote:
It's my bro's first mod, he did say he wanted to hear what ppl would say before doing anything else. I like the idea of the CCPD, he said he wanted to do something like Robocop.

But Police make no sense in this game. although Robocop is cool.

well there r other types of factions, police is another faction. Its good for any map that could be like set in a city or somewhere. It doesn't have to make sense, its used for playing rite?

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:51 am

SkyGuardian wrote:
Exalion wrote:
SkyGuardian wrote:
It's my bro's first mod, he did say he wanted to hear what ppl would say before doing anything else. I like the idea of the CCPD, he said he wanted to do something like Robocop.

But Police make no sense in this game. although Robocop is cool.

well there are other types of factions, police is another faction. Its good for any map that could be like set in a city or somewhere. It doesn't have to make sense, its used for playing right?

Factions in this context are a military group or organisation. There are no police in a military environment. But that doesn't matter, it's the fact it's just a re-colour of existing content that makes me not like it.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:55 am

Exalion wrote:
Factions in this context are a military group or organization. There are no police in a military environment. But that doesn't matter, it's the fact it's just a re-colour of existing content that makes me not like it.

Actually, there is the Military Police. Yea, it is a repaint, like face paint or something..but the thing is I like it, just wish they were like more bulkier or bigger, like if Robocop was 3x bigger..

Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:56 am

V Octane V wrote:
capture LIVING actors

And how do you plan on doing that, exactly?

Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:05 am

NickFury666 wrote:
V Octane V wrote:
capture LIVING actors

And how do you plan on doing that, exactly?

the existing dropships don't kill live actors, SO

before in the earlier builds if you touched a ship or landed on one it would kill you but now with build 21 if you land on a moving drop ship it won't kill you, so what i plan is making the cage like arms, the doors of the drop ship, the doors will be curved so the actors can fit inside, but one issue is that if the actor is flesh the doors might chop his legs off!

Quote:
Factions in this context are a military group or organisation. There are no police in a military environment. But that doesn't matter, it's the fact it's just a re-colour of existing content that makes me not like it.

just don't download it yet, i'm already making an entirely new wep and a bomb, with the help of brainwashed (i already finished the wep)

i'll also revise the current actor ( didn't i say the actor was a re-sprite in the description? )

Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:39 am

Post Re: CCPD Mod Pack (Updated 10/18/08)
Updated thread, better stuff is in it now :D

Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:37 am

Sweet jesus, man! This is awesome! :D I'll edit this post with updates once I'm done testing this baby.

Well, I tested it. I'm wondering why the dart gun didn't show up, but oh well.

Shotgun: Much better. I like how the ammo is few, but two is maybe two little. Maybe 4?

Taser: The sprite could use a bit of polishing, but the overall taser is very nice. As you said, it IS underpowered, which is why I think you should make it so you can wield a shield and a taser at the same time. Or you could lengthen the sprites and change the offsets so we can attack ennemies that are farther away.

Crowd-clearing bomb: This would couple nicely with a smoke bomb. And who knows? Maybe an acid smoke bomb? That way it could damage actors that step into the smoke (because they breathe it or something) Only problem is it would also damage robots and metal-based actors. Maybe the acid dissolves the metal or something? As for my suggestions regarding the crow-clearing bomb itself, I thought it was pretty nice, but a bit too lethal. If one of those particles it emits hits an actor's head, it goes kaplowy and the actor is dead. Maybe lower the impulse a bit?

Shield: Much better. Now that it's bigger, it is a lot more useful.

Further suggestions:

-Make a pod for dropping police dummies on the field.

-Make the dart cannon usable.

-Put everything in one pack.

I'll give you more suggestions in pms if I have any more.

EDIT: The dart gun was there, I just didn't see it in the buy menu.

Dart gun: It's kinda cool, but very underpowered. Again, the sprite could use some work. The dart gun is only effective at very short range, and for some reasons, it tends to explode when it hits certain parts of concrete.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:10 pm

I think they need a littlebit Armor. Like the Heavy Clones.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Teemperor wrote:
I think they need a littlebit Armor. Like the Heavy Clones.

im thinking about making heavy units for this faction, like the existing heavy clones and maybe a elite officer, even chief of the entire department :3

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
This reminds me of the Titans, who are badass.
And even though it is a recolour, who cares, the idea of using oppressive military robots with tasers to remove people's arms is fun.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:16 pm

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
This reminds me of the Titans, who are badass.
And even though it is a recolour, who cares, the idea of using oppressive military robots with tasers to remove people's arms is fun.

ya its fun to blow actor's heads off with the darts. i might make civilians and maybe a militia which is a lot weaker than the CCPD but fights along side them, eventually i would have enough actors to create an actual faction, i'm going to make a coalition soldiar with attachables such as armour and all those goodies, with elite guns like every faction is supposed to have :D then i'll have to make variations of him...

Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:01 am

OR you could improve the sprites instead of making more low-qaulity stuff.

Seriously, it's JUST A RECOLOUR GUYS! fix it.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:24 am

Exalion wrote:
OR you could improve the sprites instead of making more low-qaulity stuff.

Seriously, it's JUST A RECOLOUR GUYS! fix it.

i'vealready fixed most of the bugs that came with this mod, but what re colours? what mod did you download? i made the sprites for everything in this mod except the dummy and the shotgun, which indeed are re-sprites
besides it could be a lot worse, and my spriting skills get better with every sprite i make

Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:03 am

Post Re: CCPD Mod Pack (Updated 10/21/08)
well could be like an anti-insurgent force to suppress dissidents in coalition controlled sectors, that way their army is in the front lines fighting and it's not necessary to pull them back for this type of duty. It totally makes sense with just a little reworking.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:19 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2