View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:15 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Uniglax Faction(WIP) 

Post Uniglax Faction(WIP)
ImageImageImage

Who needs two legs to kill?

Uniglax are a species of alien that has only one leg. The Uniglax have always been hostile to all humans because humans have taken much of their Planet and used it for mining int rare minerals. when in battle they rely mostly on plasma based weaponry and obscure chemicals found commonly on their planet . As you can see by the title THEY ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS
Uniglax Troop:
A plain Uniglax soldier. Not much stronger than a heavy solider but Uniglax have considerably more health than normal humans due to their ability to stay alive with little or no blood

Green Death:
A Uniglax pistol with two shots of pure Death

Sparks Shotgun:
A sort of strange shot gun that fire two different rounds; 10 dull blue rounds and 2 red sharp rounds

Molten foam sprayer:
It sprays globs of molten foam that obliterate most collation
(more soon to come including better sprites for the trooper.)

Last edited by macattack on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:16 am
Profile WWW

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Post Re: Uniglax Faction(WIP)
Health should always be 100, and any general toughness should be put into attachable armor.

Sharp-aim looks way too high, and why do you need him to be one legged?

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:18 am

I hope to god that those new sprites come soon. It is too bright!
I will not use it again until my eyes can see again.

Also I second the notion for attatchables.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:23 am

This pack is very incoherent up to now, mostly because the "Uniglax" have no story, and use weapons that have nothing to do with them. The sprites are not so bad, though.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:19 am

mygunbroke wrote:
I hope to god that those new sprites come soon. It is too bright!
I will not use it again until my eyes can see again.

Also I second the notion for attatchables.

Yeah, I know its too bright I'll fix it as soon as I can and then I'm gona make a giant one legged Uniglax beast with tentacles hanging from its mouth. :3
I don't understand why everyone hates everything with more that 100 health? It make them able to stay alive longer than normal with mortal wounds so they can still fight for a couple of second after they get the back of their head blown off. :)

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 am
Profile WWW

We need attachables that can cover up those horrid... things. Christ, even whitty doesn't make my eyes cry this bad.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:31 am
Profile WWW

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
I think that Whitty gave up once screeneffects were removed, but this... gah, it's horrifying. We have-
-poor spriting
-unfinished work
-glowrape
-over-powered in a bad way
Yeah no. You might see people like Bubs, Darlos, and Numgun posting WIPs. You aren't them. It's one thing to post something that's like 60% done, quite a different thing to post something that's in it's very first version.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:39 am

i dont mind the over 100 health thing. anyways ill try when i find out why cc isnt working for me. looks good from screenshots :grin:

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:19 am

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
I think that Whitty gave up once screeneffects were removed, but this... gah, it's horrifying. We have-
-poor spriting
-unfinished work
-glowrape
-over-powered in a bad way
Yeah no. You might see people like Bubs, Darlos, and Numgun posting WIPs. You aren't them. It's one thing to post something that's like 60% done, quite a different thing to post something that's in it's very first version.

What the hell!?! You call this over powered? Have you ever downloaded the Pelian army or DS Tech?
Glow rape? I only used three glows in the mod and if you don't like them turn effects off. :roll:
Did you ever notice that even the big mods started small? Look at the Pelian armies first comment: "the sprites look like poo" then look at the mod its great one of the best here. Does it make any sense? :-(

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:35 am
Profile WWW

venn177 wrote:
Christ, even whitty doesn't make my eyes cry this bad.

I don't really know how i should respond to this. Compliment or no? :???:

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
I think that Whitty gave up once screeneffects were removed

Nope, they are still there and so am I. :grin:
A new version of the Tek Troopers is coming out as soon as the GIF's are done.

For the mod:
It's way too bright, you should lower this a bit. But the one-legged thing is pretty unique. Also, anything with over 100 health (the "max") will charge you more in the bunker editor.
Ex: something with 1000 health that has its cost set to 250oz will cost you 2,500oz in the editor.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:10 am

I thought the 100-health convention was because altered health doesn't do much to survivability unless you mess with wounds and GibWoundLimits. And if you can do that, why bother? Oh, and it screws up the refund on returned aircraft.

That aside, it just looks ugly as is. The actor is a yellow blob, and the glows, though you may only place a few of them, are so large and so commonly seen that they can get obnoxious. I like the idea of tracer rounds that are significantly different from normal rounds, but that needs to be managed carefully.

Just do more work on it. This is more of a first draft than a beta product in need of tweaking, so it could have used some more development before release.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:31 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

macattack wrote:
What the hell!?! You call this over powered? Have you ever downloaded the Pelian army or DS Tech?
Glow rape? I only used three glows in the mod and if you don't like them turn effects off. :roll:
Did you ever notice that even the big mods started small? Look at the Pelian armies first comment: "the sprites look like poo" then look at the mod its great one of the best here. Does it make any sense? :-(

Protip: you don't get to choose what criticism you accept.

Take it or leave it, especially when it's perfectly valid advice such as what TFSR delivers.

1. The sprites are ♥♥♥♥ horrendous. It looks like you turned a dummy template yellow.

2. Giant glows look horrible. See: Whitty's mod.

3. Actually, no, big mods don't usually start small. Or at least, not one terrible actor and three terrible weapons small. See, it's fine if they start with one or two actors/weapons; they just have to be GOOD.

4. Did you just compare yourself to Shook? Quit flattering yourself, you made three bland weapons and copied the coding technique I literally told you how to use to delete a limb. It's not like the actor even functions any differently. It doesn't even look like he's hopping about on some unique super leg. You could have made his foot bigger or something. Or even just less yellow.

5. These actors have 500 health. However, I would be very surprised if they had different wounds or unique GibWoundLimits. Thus, three shotgun blasts to the chest is going to vaporize it just as well as it would a normal clone, with the added satisfaction of destroying something incredibly stupid. Don't make actors with extra health; make actors with better wounds.

6. Oh yeah, and a footnote: the Pelian army frankly still has bad sprites. Shook will be the first to admit that. But it's fantastically coded and truly unique.

This, however? It's a pile of piss-covered ♥♥♥♥, inflated by an author who refuses perfectly valid criticism, and offers literally nothing of value.

Naw, post is acceptable Grif.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:47 am

Grif wrote:
macattack wrote:

Protip: you don't get to choose what criticism you accept.

Take it or leave it, especially when it's perfectly valid advice such as what TFSR delivers.

1. The sprites are fudge horrendous. It looks like you turned a dummy template yellow.

2. Giant glows look horrible. See: Whitty's mod.

3. Actually, no, big mods don't usually start small. Or at least, not one terrible actor and three terrible weapons small. See, it's fine if they start with one or two actors/weapons; they just have to be GOOD.

4. Did you just compare yourself to Shook? Quit flattering yourself, you made three bland weapons and copied the coding technique I literally told you how to use to delete a limb. It's not like the actor even functions any differently. It doesn't even look like he's hopping about on some unique super leg. You could have made his foot bigger or something. Or even just less yellow.

5. These actors have 500 health. However, I would be very surprised if they had different wounds or unique GibWoundLimits. Thus, three shotgun blasts to the chest is going to vaporize it just as well as it would a normal clone, with the added satisfaction of destroying something incredibly stupid. Don't make actors with extra health; make actors with better wounds.

6. Oh yeah, and a footnote: the Pelian army frankly still has bad sprites. Shook will be the first to admit that. But it's fantastically coded and truly unique.

This, however? It's a pile of piss-covered crap, inflated by an author who refuses perfectly valid criticism, and offers literally nothing of value.

Okay number one, I'm not gona take advice from the king of flaming, number tow just let the thread sink if you wish till I make it better and update instead of uselessly complaining. :-(

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:55 am
Profile WWW

macattack wrote:
Okay number one, I'm not gona take advice from the king of flaming,

Just because grif's a harsh guy doesn't invalidate his comments. And most of that reputation of flaming comes from his self-styled hard-ass criticism, which is, in the majority of cases, useful if you can handle it being served raw. Those who can't whine and don't benefit at all.

macattack wrote:
uselessly complaining. :-(

Half of it was plainly telling you what needed fixing, and the other half was true, if nothing else.

And looking at the mod myself now...

Four .rtes is the first thing I'm not liking about this. Packs and factions should be packed into one .rte.

Your foam sprayer is hardly worthy of being considered a mod. It's renamed, resprited, and resound-ed. Other than that, there's only two functional differences separating it from the sprayer template. The round particles have 15 sharpness and are made of mega metal. And they've got an excessive glow tacked on them. The offensive sprayer concept is the only decent part of the thing, and I'm certain it's been done before plenty.

Your actor seems to be an uncredited edit/resprite/tweak of blipflip's clone of fortune, without a back leg. It functions unimpressively, and looks awful with that bright yellow and 500 health.

Green death; SMG lightly edited into an automatic double shot semiuber gun. Again, offsets and all that are untouched. At least a little more functional differences from the original than your foam thing.

Sparks Shotgun; Inaccurate semiauto SMG with high firepower. Again, it's an improvement over the other devices in editing complexity, but still something best to be kept to yourself; at this point it's nothing special. The glow also sticks out like a sore thumb; it doesn't look pretty, and only a flare or something would have a glow like that. I actually felt guilty when I saw that my glowpack was the source of this.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 am

Macattack, you're something else. I've never seen anyone who is this unreasonable. "no, my mod is great, you're wrong". The correct attitude is "ok, I'll fix that".

on the mod: it's worse than i predicted. the sprites are WORSE than recolours, although the head is ok, even if it doesn't match the rest of them. There is a relatively new thing that means everything must have 100 health from now on, so I'd do that. Aside from the molten sprayer, which is THE most generic weapon type created (although seems to have gone out of fashion to be replaced by the SMG re-do lately. which is worse), your other weapons are actually fairly unique for a first mod, so good job there, just refine them. When using glows, be subtle, and make them small: the giant red things on the shotgun are weird looking.

So, for a lazy person who doesn't like paragraphs, here are my points. In point form:

- Sprites need to be done. Head is acceptable.
- 100 health. It's a new rule here.
- Nice guns, they're not bad. But work on them.
- Use glows sparingly.
- Use small glows.
- Learn to accept critism, and don't explode, or you'll get banned.

Hope that helps!

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:30 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next